Profile for G. L. Walker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. L. Walker "Little Sioux Paddler" RSS Feed (Iowa)

MyTopo Maps Pro by Trimble Outdoors
MyTopo Maps Pro by Trimble Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Pro, it's worth it!, October 4, 2013
Clarity of the Bing aerial photos is awesome. I love that I can view two layers at once, and adjust the transparency of the layers. And I finally went with "pro" so I can take these maps into the field. I'm actually using them for on-the-ground watershed assessment in the field, where I don't have access to satellite internet, in my private consulting/advocacy work. This is also a fun way to check out an area you're thinking of hiking or hunting from the comfort of your couch or a coffee shop. The maps respond faster than most of the GIS applications I can run on my computer.

Duck Dynasty Season 4 [HD]
Duck Dynasty Season 4 [HD]
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Go, Ducks!, October 4, 2013
Consistently good for a laugh and leaving me feeling positive. It is still a show I can watch with my kids. I love this family!

NIV(1984) Waterproof Bible: Pink Floral
NIV(1984) Waterproof Bible: Pink Floral
by Bardin & Marsee Publishing
13 used & new from $84.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure ready, August 4, 2013
I spend a lot of time on dusty roads, paddling creeks and rivers, trails, in camp, etc. This bible is heavier than a normal copy without commentary, and the print is smallish, but the pages are not delicate and they definitely hold up to the weather. If they get dirty, I can wipe them off. I have a similar notebook that I carry with it. Use ballpoint pen on the pages if you are an underliner/margin writer. The binding is also sturdy. I am very glad I found this bible! I keep it in the car when I'm not out trekking about.

Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens, Second Edition (Resources for Changing Lives)
by Paul David Tripp
Price: $13.29
258 used & new from $0.74

5.0 out of 5 stars What an honest approach to parenting!, May 28, 2013
Tripp pulls no punches about the baggage we bring to the table as parents. It helps that he is honest about his own mistakes, about losing patience or lashing out when tension gets high at home. The advice and approach are biblical, and ideas are organized under headings and lists that help with review and implementation.

This book helps me remember the vulnerability of being a teen. It encourages us as parents to love deeply, humbly and help direct our kids' hearts, not just protect or correct their behavior by managing circumstances. It has been wonderful to see my experience with my teens as a season of opportunity, not a dark age that must be endured by any of us. I am a single mom of two teen boys. I am also applying Tripp's suggestions to my time with other teens, in our youth group and with the kids who hang out with my boys.

I see a difference in the mood around here, and I believe this book has contributed to it.

Carhartt Women's Sandstone Duck Sierra Jacket/Sherpa-Lined,Light Olive (Closeout),0

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly warm coat, February 5, 2010
I ordered this coat because my Carhartt Women's "Sandstone Detroit Jacket", which I wear to work fall and spring, doesn't cut it in winter. The Sierra Jacket has ribbed inset cuffs, a longer back, a hood and a warmer lining than my Detroit style coat. I love this new jacket. It has an additional pocket with a velcro closure right where I like to keep my cell phone, unlike the zippered pocket in my Sierra. I have been completely pleased with this coat. It's also soft like an old teddy bear on the inside, so I'm all tough on the outside, snuggled on the inside. Better price here than anywhere else I looked too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 7:23 PM PST