Profile for Ruth A. Brown > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ruth A. Brown RSS Feed (NW Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lord James Harrington and the Spring Mystery (Lord James Harrington Mysteries Book 2)
Price: $1.36

4.0 out of 5 stars My kind of Cozy story, November 5, 2013
I liked this book a lot; found the characters and plot most interesting; looking forward to future books in this series.

Just One Evil Act: A Lynley Novel (Inspector Lynley Book 18)
Just One Evil Act: A Lynley Novel (Inspector Lynley Book 18)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 25, 2013
I like reading long books, and usually like this author's work. But, not so much, this book. I cant believe that they had Insp Linley attending these kind of events or allowing Haver to do all the misdeeds she did. And Barbara Havers, I always thought, was odd and likeable, but not stupid. This book had both its main characters doing out of character acts that just did not ring true. I will continue reading any future books, but was certainly disappointed in this one.

Winter Chill
Winter Chill
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!!!, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Winter Chill (Kindle Edition)
This book shocked me. I have read all this author's books and have thoroughly enjoyed them. They have been mystery cozies. This book was dark and scary. I still don't know which of all the characters was the really bad guy. Book was well written and moved right along. But I almost had to look under the bed when I was done. I am giving it a five because of the way it was written, but I never want to read one like it again.

The Alpine Xanadu: An Emma Lord Mystery
The Alpine Xanadu: An Emma Lord Mystery
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Author's Books, June 7, 2013
I think I have read all the books in two series by this author. Loved every one of them. Was afraid this Xanadu one was the final in series cause everything kinda got finished to a nice completion. But I hope there are more coming.

Fundraising the Dead (A Museum Mystery Book 1)
Fundraising the Dead (A Museum Mystery Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For Kindle Readers, November 14, 2010
Bought this for and read it on my new Kindle. Format is good with only a couple of errors. Book itself is a good read, interesting. I looked for more in this series; but it must be the first one. I have read another Atwell series. All of which I enjoyed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Bucks, June 27, 2010
I purchased 4 sets of these earrings. Will keep one pair for myself, and have already given 2 pair away. If you like Ohio State sports, you gotta love these. They are nicely made, right size, and perfect for Ohio State fans.

Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux: A Mystery
Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux: A Mystery
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Senior Citizens still living......, June 27, 2010
I've read all this author's books, and enjoy them. Tho I'm not quite as old as these Seniors, I like the idea that all the characters are still contributing. The ole ladies, and a few ole men, get caught up in murder and mayhem. And work to help solve the mysteries; with the help of the police. Most of the characters reside in the same retirement community in Florida. In this book, there are at least 3 murders; a double wedding, and a Dead Husbands Club. Some of their antics are hilarious and some are heart tugging. And not all live happily ever after. Just like in the real world.

Alpine Hero (Emma Lord Mysteries)
Alpine Hero (Emma Lord Mysteries)
by Mary Daheim
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series with a lot of books, June 13, 2010
Mary Daheim has written 2 series; both with a lot of books. I've read all of the bed and breakfast ones exc the newest book. Then I started this Alpine series. Where I could buy the books in the Kindle editions, I did. But to start at the beginning of each series, I had to order paper backs. This was one of them. When they've been out a long time, why the publish date for the Kindle is so far in the future I cant fathom. Anyway, I have enjoyed both series; and after about 2 months of reading this author, I have almost completed all of them. I like her characters a lot. The main character in each series isnt exactly a senior citizen, but over the years she has been getting older. And better. Would highly recommend this author and both series.

SONA FDA-Cleared Anti-Snore and Mild Sleep Apnea Pillow
SONA FDA-Cleared Anti-Snore and Mild Sleep Apnea Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars good night's sleep, May 8, 2010
Have only had this pillow for a few days, but I think it is giving me a better night's sleep. Most reviews are about men and snoring. My review is about a woman getting a better night's sleep. I havent really slept well for 25 years. Won't know for sure what the end result will be, but I sleep better and longer on the nights I use the pillow. The only night I just propped myself up on other pillows to watch tv in bed and then fell asleep, it was much worse trying to stay asleep. Pillow is a little oddly shaped, but if thats what it takes, I'll use it. I mostly sleep on my side, so that part isnt a problem. If you're getting a little older and not sleeping as well, I would recommend this. The price was only about half as much as others charge, and I doubt I would have paid over a hundred dollars to try something.

Sterling Silver Pink Chinese Jade "Good Luck" Character Disc Shepherd's Hook Drop Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, May 8, 2010
It's a little worrisome that these are no longer being sold. Wondered if maybe from China they were made from some kind of "bad" material. Anyway, til I saw they werent available anymore, I liked these earrings. They are a perfect size, cute, hang nicely. Seem to be well made. Would recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5