Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Frank S. > Reviews

Browse

Frank S.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Frank S. RSS Feed

KaBOOM!: How One Man Built a Movement to Save Play
KaBOOM!: How One Man Built a Movement to Save Play
by Darell Hammond
Price: $24.99
164 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ!, April 29, 2011
This book speaks volumes, not only about the needs of children, but about our need to see ourselves less as individuals and more as part of the larger community. Darrel Hammond's convictions about the needs of children are sincere and he backs up his beliefs with his actions. Not only that, but he is committed to involving the entire community. As he stated to someone who asked, "..KaBoom! isn't building the playground, you are. We'll be there with you, and we'll help you, but you're doing the work." It is with this attitude of getting the neighborhood volunteers involved that makes this a very different type of nonprofit. I can't say enough about how encouraging it was to see how this type of work brings out the best in people.

I enjoyed this book on many levels. First of all, it was inspiring to see how far Darrel Hammond has come in his life, from a humble beginning, to the leader of a thriving nonprofit organization. It was also impressive to see his business skills develop and to follow his thought process along the way. Lastly, it was wonderful to see his desire to help children and neighborhoods flourish and find it within themselves to improve their surroundings. Since reading it, I have purchased copies for others who I know will be inspired and encouraged by the work KaBoom! is doing.

The Amazement Revolution: Seven Customer Service Strategies to Create an Amazing Customer (and Employee) Experience
by Shep Hyken
Price: $16.96
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd like to create in my own business!, April 9, 2011
This book was written in a really engaging way. I found it held my attention from the very beginning. It was full of useful information and impressive ideas for improving customer service. Not only that, but the author used some very successful companies as 'role models' for his examples. Also, the information he shared on them was compelling and well-researched. I came away with a better understanding of why I enjoy doing business so much with some companies more than others, and more importantly I clearer view of the type of amazement culture I'd like to create in my own business!

Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul
Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul
by Howard Schultz
305 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Onward is insightful and compelling., April 4, 2011
Onward is insightful and compelling. This book spotlights the spirit of innovation and success that is the hallmark of great leadership as seen through the eyes of Howard Schultz, the CEO of Starbucks. In this first person account we see the trials and troubles that he faced both from economic turmoil and at times even betrayal from within the company. Through it all he carries with him the ideals and image he wants to see achieved and impresses them on everyone involved. It was a great read and carried a very motivating message for anyone in leadership.