Profile for Kyle D. Gendron > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 53

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kyle D. Gendron RSS Feed (Burlington, MA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Captain America: The First Avenger (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Chris Evans
Offered by Lord and Day
Price: $59.99
20 used & new from $16.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, not great.. 3D version wont play..., August 20, 2013
My boys and my wife like this movie. Good special effects. Decent story.

Note on the 3D version of this movie.... thus far this is the only 3D movie I've come across that won't play in my PS3. I have a Vizio 3D TV. We have about a dozen other 3D Blu-ray movies and all the other ones work perfectly fine. This Captain America 3D wont play. It says I need a compatible 3D player and 3D TV. I have that. My kids were not very happy when it wouldn't play. Thanks for nothin.

Instructional Swim Belt - Four Module
Instructional Swim Belt - Four Module
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $15.90
6 used & new from $11.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my daughters needs, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Instructional Swim Belt (Misc.)
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter. She weighs about 65 lbs and is still in the learning to swim stages (she has Down syndrome). We started he with all 4 floats but quickly took one out. She swims easily around the pool with great confidence now. We can probably take another float off but haven't gotten around to it yet. Only thing I don't like is that it still rides up to her chest a little more than we'd like but it doesn't stop her from swimming properly.

Think Tank Lens Changer 35 Version 2
Think Tank Lens Changer 35 Version 2
Offered by Ace Prime
Price: $31.75
26 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pouch, August 11, 2013
I have been using lens pouches for many years. For me it's so much easier to carry a few lenses around rather than using a bag. Recently I've upgraded to f/2.8 lenses (24-70 & 70-200) and they are to big for my older pouches. When I came across this pouch I was thrilled. It easily fits my 24-70mm f/2.8 with the lens hood in the open position and it also holds my 70-200 f/2.8 with the lens hood closed. The back end sticks out a bit but not enough to be an issue.

It does add more weight to your belt, but that's because the lenses are bigger. For me it's not an issue.

Apple Lightning to VGA Adapter
Apple Lightning to VGA Adapter
Offered by DataVision Computer Video
Price: $53.99
9 used & new from $24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, August 11, 2013
I bought this so I could hook up my iPhone 5 to a projector. It works perfectly. When we went camping recently I was able to use the projector to show the baseball game on a giant screen using my Slingbox app. We were the envy of the campground.

Sling Media Slingbox 350
Sling Media Slingbox 350
Price: $91.86
73 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 4, 2013
Super easy to set up. What took the longest time was running the Ethernet cable from my router which is on the opposite side of the basement. Once I plugged that in, put in the composite cables and powered it up it was ready to go almost immediately. Though I think I could have chosen a better remote in the app. I have the app for both my iPad and iPhone. The Slingbox is hooked up to the tv in the basement which doesn't get much use.

One thing I learned is that if the Internet connection your hooked up to doesn't have a password then the Slingbox won't connect. I have this problem at the hospital which I've spent a combo of 14 nights at over the last few months for surgeries for cancer. They give us free wi-fi but its one that doesn't have a password to join. So far this is the only place I haven't been able to connect (something to do with the firewall I tried the iPad and computer).

One thing I don't like is it has a hard time changing channels. If I punch in 167 it will go to either channel 16 or 67. It seems to have a hard time with 3 digit channels. Very frustrating. Even changing the channel from favorites this happens. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 tries. Other times I have to shut the app down and restart it just to change the channel.

If they fix this issue, then I'd definitely give it 5 stars. Picture quality has been great.

Powergen White 2.4-Amp (12 Watt) Dual Usb Wall Charger W/Sviwal Plug Designed For Apple And Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy!!, April 4, 2013
Description says that the 2nd USB port is compatible with iPhone. Well, it does not charge my iPhone 5. So now I'm stuck at the hospital for 5 days and can only charge my iPad or iPhone. This thing sucks. Not happy, especially because the outlet next to my hospital bed is not in a convenient spot. I don't need to go through the extra pain just to charge one of my devices.

USB Port 2 (port close to LED, designed for non apple products) Compatibility
iPad @ NOT Compatible
iPhone / iPod Touch @ 0.5 Ampere Max.
Others phones / GPS / Tablet etc. @ 1 to 2 Ampere Max.

It won't even charge the iPhone 5 @ 0.5. Nothing!!!

Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, White
Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, White
Offered by BuyOnlineNow
Price: $201.25
49 used & new from $168.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best juicer for the price, September 16, 2012
I was diagnosed with stage 4 rectal cancer back in March of 2012. After seeing 2 different segments on 2 different morning news programs about cancer patients juicing and have success I took to the internet and found a documentary film about juicing. That convinced me that this is what I needed to do to help in my cancer fight. I first started with a Jack LaLLane Power Juicer. I used that for a few weeks. After doing an enormous amount of research I realized that as a cancer patient I need to have at least a masticating juicer so it doesn't destroy enzymes like a centrifugal juice does (the fast spinning creates to much oxygen and that is what destroys the enzymes). As a cancer patient I need all the enzymes I can get. After watching a few reviews on youtube, reading reviews here and seeing the prices I decided to go with the Omega 8003. I have NOT been disappointed.

I've used it every day (usually twice a day) since the end of April 2012 (Its not the middle of September 2012). My wife also uses it at least once a day. It is very efficient compared to the Power Juicer. Unfortunately I've come to realize that first hand. A few weeks back I used to much wheat grass in one shot and it cracked the black juicing screen. Even more unfortunate, that particular part is on back order from the manufacturer. GRRRRR

So I'm back to using the Power Juicer and it is disappointing. With the Omega I make approx. 25-28 ounce juice at a time based on the ingredients I use. Using those same ingredients the Power Juicer gives me about 4 ounces LESS! My wife make 4 16 ounce juices each day. She does it all at one time then refrigerates them for drinking the next day. The first time she used the Power Juicer she only got 2 1/2 bottles worth of juice rather than the 4 she gets with this Omega.

So, the Omega doesn't destroy enzymes and is far more efficient than most if not all centrifugal juicers. You WILL save money using this juicer or one of its sister models compared to the cheep centrifugal juicers that are less money.

You have to ask yourself, do i want to save $50-100 up front or lose hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars over the life of your cheeper juicer. The choice is yours. I'm desperately waiting for the part to start shipping. We're now easily spending an extra $25 a week for produce because of the poor performing Power Juicer.

Waterhog Classic Entrance Mats 3' x 5'
Waterhog Classic Entrance Mats 3' x 5'
Offered by American Floor Mats
Price: $62.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our needs, September 4, 2011
I bought 2 of these rugs, 1 for the front door and one for the back door. Over the previous winters our hardwood floor became a real pain to clean with having a tiny little mat. Our floor was always filthy. Putting this large 3x5 foot mat at the front door now allows the kids to be able to take their shoes off without touching the floor and keep their snowy wet boots on the mat. This has cut our mud/snow/water tracking through the house by about 90%. Well worth it. To clean them I shake them outside and thats pretty much it.

My only complaint is that I was sure I ordered the tan color to match our floors, but instead got the brandy colored. Not really a big deal. That doesn't take away from the performance of the mat.

Competition BBQ Secrets: A Barbecue Instruction Manual for Serious Competitors and Back Yard Cooks Too
by Bill Anderson
Price: $29.95
18 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference guide, September 4, 2011
I don't BBQ no way near as much as I would like and because of that I don't always remember everything I need to do. I keep my own notes inside this book next to the items that I want to cook and give it a quick look over before I get ready to prepare my meats. I pretty much use their cooking method for Ribs and have never had any problems. I've also tried the chicken a few times and really like it. I keep thins book with the rest of my cook books in the kitchen. Its easy to reference and I'm glad I have it. Much easier than having to run to the computer each time I go to BBQ.

SKLZ Hurricane Batting Trainer
SKLZ Hurricane Batting Trainer
Offered by Ocean Reef Electronics
Price: $185.40
14 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great practice for a little leagure, December 8, 2010
I bought this for my 8 year old. He had just started his 3rd year of little league and had somehow developed a bad upward swing. I had tried a number of things to get him to correct it. He was frustrating himself not getting any hits because of this bad swing. Finally I bought the Hurricane. It is VERY similar to the Johnny Bench batter up I had as a kid back in the late 1970's. The concept is pretty much the same. Swing nice and even and the ball will go straight around and come back to you to "pitch" you another ball. If you swing up or swing down you will get instant feedback as the ball will wobble badly and barely make it around.

After 1 practice session with the Hurricane my son's bad swing was gone. The muscle memory from swinging correctly using this machine made a dramatic effect. My son's coaches were very happily surprised at the almost instant change in his swing. His first game he got a hit in every at bat.

This practice machine made his season much more fun.

I like that it its pretty easy to put together and take apart. It does take a while, but its not difficult. We haven't had any problems with the bungie cords, nor have we had problems with it moving. I have taken more than a few swings on it myself and it feels pretty solid. It didn't move at all while just having it stationary on the driveway.

My son would use it for batting practice before we left for each game. After just one season we've gotten a lot of use out of it and plan to get even more in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6