Profile for L. Webster > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 91

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Webster "With God ALL things are possible!" RSS Feed (Rochester, New York USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Joy of the Gospel: Evangelii Gaudium
The Joy of the Gospel: Evangelii Gaudium
by Pope Francis
Price: $9.89
52 used & new from $6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A True Leader Speaks!!!, July 15, 2014
Would that all bishops, priests and leaders in our Church would be as in touch with Jesus! Jesus, God and Spirit are obviously the center of all that Pope Francis says, does and prays!!! Not the Church as institution, not himself as Pope, Jesus is the center and all of the people of God ae called to be Jesus' disciples in love, humility, faith and hope!

Pope Francis has returned the hope of Vatican II to our beleaguered Church. May the Holy Spirit bless our Pope as he continues to preach, reform and teach!!!

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, July 8, 2014
While this was not a "sit down and don't stop reading until you finish" book experience for me, it was still very profound! I would read a chapter a day for awhile and then read other more light hearted offerings, then come back and read more and then again, move on.

Maya Angelou wrote about her life beautifully... the positive, the negative, the good and the sinful. To have heard and seen this beautiful woman and then to know the awful things that happened in her most formative years was hard and heart-wrenching and thought-provoking all at the same time!

Take your time, walk her journey with her and the insights into your own life story may be surprising!

Return from Tomorrow
Return from Tomorrow
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, Evocative and Complete!, July 8, 2014
The author's experience of heaven and hell, as well as what preceded and followed his experience are well told. His actual experience in the next realm is scary in some parts and LOVE- filled in others!!!

Ultimately, life is all about relationships here and there! The question is, will I choose love or hate, being in God's (Jesus') presence or not?

I've read several NDE's (Near Death Experiences). This is one of the best!

God (however we name our Creator) IS love!!! God Bless!!!

The Civil War: A Film By Ken Burns
The Civil War: A Film By Ken Burns
DVD
Price: $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Overview of a Pivotal Era in U.S. History, July 7, 2014
If you want a good look at a pivotal time in our US history, this is the series for you! I learned so much I did not know!

Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel
Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt, Stunning and True!, May 31, 2014
I had a hard time reading this book because I was always waiting for a "shoe to drop!" Thankfully, in the case of all those on this last train to Istanbul, all ended well!

Kulin has taken a moment in history and woven a heartfelt story of love, passion, humanity, compassion and forgiveness in often stunningly beautiful prose!

May the humanity of those who made the last train to Istanbul grow and grow and grow...

ONCE UPON A LIE (A Fitzjohn Mystery Book 3)
ONCE UPON A LIE (A Fitzjohn Mystery Book 3)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An Engaging Read, May 17, 2014
The characters are engaging, the mysteries are intriguing and the plot is well written. A fast, spring read! I hope Esme returns!

Lessons From The Light
Lessons From The Light
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Helpful Insights Within, May 13, 2014
If you are on a spiritual journey, whether within one of the great faithless of our world or coming from a Native background, familiar with Near Death Experiences (NDE's) or not, this book has insights from many perspectives that will touch your heart!

I highly recommend it!

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Thought Provoking, March 24, 2014
Alexander, a scientist, an agnostic at best, experiences a near death experience unlike most I have read. Yet, as I read his description of his journey in the next realm I realized once again that all near death experiences are honed to honor the person and his/ her life experience, his/her needs are met! The way 'heaven' is encountered speaks to the person's life experience and knowledge.

As I was reading, Alexander's account, I kept thinking of an egg or more precisely, a cell's structure - seems so appropriate for one so steeped in science, medicine and the human body!

Om, the Source of All Being, the Source of All Energy, I Am who Am, Trinity - God, Jesus & Spirit, LOVE, however one names God, sees God, experiences God - God continues to be beyond our limited human comprehension. Only in the next realm will full understanding be achieved!

And not surprisingly, LOVE, beyond our dreams here on earth, is at the center of ALL!

Still comes down to: "Love one another as I have loved you".

On Life After Death
On Life After Death
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, March 23, 2014
Once again, Kubler-Ross takes all of her extensive research and brings it into accessible language for anyone to grasp. Her inclusion of many examples is proof of each idea. So glad I decided to read this!

Fearless Fourteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Fearless Fourteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Read, But Not the Best, March 18, 2014
All the crazy characters are in play, and they are up to some tricks, but there's not the side-wrenching hilarity of many of the earlier thirteen novels in this book. So, not an Evanovich 5 star Plum mystery!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10