Profile for Charles W. Mitchell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Charles W. Mitchell "Church Techie" RSS Feed (Austin TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Coaster Set of 2 Dining Arm Chairs Mission Style Medium Brown Finish
Coaster Set of 2 Dining Arm Chairs Mission Style Medium Brown Finish
Offered by Home Decor Shop
Price: $114.95
11 used & new from $95.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for the Price - Came Close to a 5-star Rating, December 4, 2014
Very good for the price, these are close to the cherry oak color of our dining table. It took about 1 hour and 10 minutes to assemble the two chairs. The package arrived with outside edge guards on all edges of the package and the finish on everything inside was in good shape. I would have given this a 5-star rating except for on flaw. The arms are shipped as a module that attaches to the back on the chair with one bolt and to the side of the seat with two bolts. One arm of one chair was missing one of the inserts in the wood necessary to insert a bolt through the side rail of the seat into the arm. But since there are two bolts in this area, the arm felt secure and I decided to let it be. It is a quality flaw none the less and I thought you should know it wasn't perfect. I also suggest you put felt pads on the bottom of each leg to keep from scratching the floor when you push back from the table. That may also avoid the splitting of the finish on the legs that at least one buyer mentioned in their review. I like these two chairs well enough to immediately order two packages of two side chairs without arms.

YKS 12V 60W TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier
YKS 12V 60W TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier
Offered by icegene
Price: $5.99
18 used & new from $2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed Emerson FR24 Wine Cooler., November 20, 2014
I used this to fix my Emerson wine cooler. I used PC heat sink thermal compound to make a good thermal connection between the heat sink inside .the unit and the heat sink in the back of the unit. It works great. I really liked the look of the 8-bottle red wine cooler with interior LED lights and didn't want to throw it away. It may be my imagination but it seemed to cool down faster with this Peltier device than when it was new.

Xtreme Technologies Xlink BTTN Bluetooth Gateway-Black
Xtreme Technologies Xlink BTTN Bluetooth Gateway-Black
Offered by GoodTelecom
Price: $49.99
64 used & new from $43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Firmware update for 64-bit Windows 8.1 was a hassle, October 22, 2014
Once I updated the firmware it worked well but that took some effort. I saved about $20 by purchasing from one of the non-Prime vendors, Mr. Fuse. The device arrived in about 6 days which is good enough for a non-Prime purchase. Packed in the box was a note to go to the myxlink.com website to update the firmware. I went to the website and downloaded the update program but when I connected the USB cable my PC failed to find the device. I went back to the website and discovered that older units cannot be recognized by 64-bit versions of Windows until after the firmware update.

I have a desktop and notebook PC but both are running 64-bit Windows 8.1 so I had to ask a friend to let me use their PC running 32-bit Window 7 to again download the software and do the update. His PC found the device when the cable was plugged in and the update took just a few minutes. Once the firmware was updated I took the device back to one of my PCs and verified it now worked with 64-bit Windows 8.1. That was important because the same software application that does the update also allows you to make several optional settings.

Anxious to put the device to work I dug out an old set of cordless phones from a box in my garage. I plugged the base station into the Xlink device and put two phones in other rooms in my house. Once the cordless phones were charged up I paired my LG G2 smart phone with the Xlink and before I could make a test call out my phone rang! I answered on the base station of the cordless phones without a problem. I then made my test call out from another phone in room about 30 feet easy and I was pleased with the voice quality. I gave the Xlink 4 out of 5 stars because it did what it is supposed to do well but setup was a bit of a hassle. I look forward to using it after we move into our new house next month. The new house is 2 stories and this will save running up and down stairs to catch phone calls when my phone is charging. Nice!

Seagate Desktop 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 7200 RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001
Price: $99.08
98 used & new from $74.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Seagate Reliability Dissappoints, June 29, 2014
It worked well until it didn't work at all. Just past the end of the 2 year warranty my Seagate ST3000DM001 started disappearing from the drive map in Windows 8.1. Rebooting would sometimes bring it back online for a few minutes to a few hours and then it would disappear again. I replaced it with an HGST drive and copied the 2+ GB of raw video footage stored on the Seagate over to it. Fortunately, I was able to keep the Seagate online long enough to do that. The Seagate is going in the trash since the warranty has expired. Recent reviews of hard drives by those who use thousands of drives from Seagate, Western Digital and HGST have shown the Seagate drives to be significantly less reliable than the other two. I doubt I'll ever buy another Seagate drive.

Elite Core OSP D-1-SPEAKON Duplex Wall Plate with 1-Speakon
Elite Core OSP D-1-SPEAKON Duplex Wall Plate with 1-Speakon
Price: $8.98
7 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wall jack for surface mount speakers, June 11, 2014
I have speaker systems mounted along the side walls of the sanctuary of our new church. I used these for the SpeakOn jacks and they worked out nicely. No problem soldering #14 stranded wire to the back with 700 degree soldering iron.

Arlington LV4-5 Low Voltage Mounting Bracket 5-Pack, 4-Gang
Arlington LV4-5 Low Voltage Mounting Bracket 5-Pack, 4-Gang
Price: $24.13
4 used & new from $3.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for low voltage installation, June 11, 2014
I used these to mount 4-gang metal covers with XLR, SpeakOn and 1/4 jacks for my church's audio system. They are plastic and so I was a bit concerned about their strength and durability but the seem to be holding up find and none broke during installation.

E2102S.30.86 - General Cable 22 AWG 2 Conductor Shielded Plenum Cable, 1,000 ft. Pull-Pac
Offered by eAccuTech
Price: $85.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Cable for Stage to AV Control Mic Cable Runs, June 11, 2014
I used this to run from the floor boxes on our new stage up through the walls and over the suspended ceiling to the AV Control room at our new church building. Each run is about 75 feet. I ran 22 pulls without any problems with shorts or continuity. The wires are stranded copper. The shield is foil with a stranded wire running with it. There is also a strain relief thread. This meets the fire code but must to strapped to the ceiling joists and not rest on the suspended ceiling tile to meet the code. I have no problem with hum. There are a lot of AC lighting wires in the same space, many on dimmers and so far there have been no issues but I was careful to try to keep the mic cable routing as far away as I could from the AC but sometimes that was not possible. In the future, if I need more I'll will buy this again.

SEISMIC AUDIO - SAXLX-10 - 6 Pack of 10' Multiple Color XLR Male to XLR Female Patch Cables - Balanced - 10 Foot Patch Cords

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for patching, June 11, 2014
I use these as patch cables in my church's AV control room. The bright colors make tracing a snap. The quality seems good and so far I've had no problems. Will likely buy more as needed.

Seismic Audio SAPT233 3-Pole Locking 1/4-Inch Nickel Plated Female Panel Mount Connector - Fits Series D Pattern Holes
Price: $7.04
2 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solution for stage boxes, June 11, 2014
I installed these in stage boxes at our church to keep the cables from being pulled loose. They do what they need to do. The solder connections on the back held up to my 700 degree iron without a problem. Will likely use more in the future.

Surprise Surprise
Surprise Surprise
DVD
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars More like a play on film, May 20, 2014
Lots of family drama as the resentful son and his new family struggle to overcome their emotional demons. Well acted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5