Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Profile for Yoomi > Reviews

Browse

Yoomi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 278

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yoomi RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Western Chief Spider Rain Boot (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Red,6 M US Toddler
Western Chief Spider Rain Boot (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Red,6 M US Toddler

5.0 out of 5 stars My boy loves these!, April 22, 2015
My almost 2 year old loves these boots so much he puts them on every time he sees them. So I have to hide them in a closet. He would wear them all day every where if I let him so I take that as a sign that they're comfortable. His feet didn't get wet when he splashed in some huge puddles last week and they have Spiderman on them. Everything I could ask for in a toddler's rain boots!

QuikVolt Dual Port USB Car Charger for Apple and Android Devices
QuikVolt Dual Port USB Car Charger for Apple and Android Devices
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect charger for everyday use, April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a large charging device that I could connect 4 USB cables and a power cord into but it takes up so much space. For long trips when I have multiple family members' devices to charge, it came in handy but for the everyday, I am loving this charger! It's compact and charges my iPhone and iPad that I use for work all day. Perfect.

Belzhar
Belzhar
by Meg Wolitzer
Price: $14.85
134 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A superficial story about a deep topic, April 12, 2015
This review is from: Belzhar (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've read Sylvia Plath's Bell Jar, which the title of the book is obviously a play off of. The characters in this book are chosen for a mysterious, life changing class and they study Plath's work. So I went into the book with certain expectations and maybe that's why I was disappointed. From the start, I felt that Jam (the main character) was weak. When I read that she thought "without Reeve, I'm hardly a person." I sighed and rolled my eyes. She describes herself as ordinary, nothing special, "one of those interchangeable, long haired nice girls". So why would a guy be attracted to her??

This is something that bothers me about a lot of YA lately.

As Jam's story is revealed, it explains some of this and makes the reader wonder how reliable of a narrator she is. The other frustrating thing was that there wasn't enough Plath. Supposedly they studied deeply and had lengthy discussions but the reader isn't given any insight into any of it. So we are to believe that the students in this special class developed meaningful relationships but I just didn't see it. It all felt like it was glossed over.

The ending was somewhat satisfying since there was closure and resolution but overall, I was disappointed.

The Misadventures of the Family Fletcher
The Misadventures of the Family Fletcher
by Dana Levy
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys and girls will love to read this one!, April 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It took one chapter for me to fall in love with this family. Where do I start? I love that it's a family with two dads and 4 adopted boys. They sit down and have dinner together. They have Fletcher Family Rules. They have family traditions but the dads are also sure to celebrate their diversity. They aren't perfect but they learn from their mistakes.

A lot of things about this story reminds me of The Penderwicks, which is a series about a family of 4 sisters. Their relationship to each other is so endearing. Each sibling has a unique personality and interests but they are fiercely protective of each other. There is so much on television about dysfunctional families, it's nice to read about a "normal" one. I'm looking forward to more misadventures of this family!

The Case of the Stolen Sixpence: The Mysteries of Maisie Hitchins Book 1
The Case of the Stolen Sixpence: The Mysteries of Maisie Hitchins Book 1
by Holly Webb
Price: $12.09
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun mystery for young readers!, April 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Maisie Hitchens is a "noticing type of person". First of all, I love that she's not just referred to as a girl but as a person. But she is a girl, and a cute and curious one who I fell in love with immediately! Nothing stops her from getting to the truth! Not the mean delivery boy or her stern grandmother. This is a great introduction to the mystery genre for young readers. Maisie is 12 years old but the writing and style of the book (fun, unfamiliar English words aside) would be appealing for younger readers. Maybe 2nd-4th grade.

Belkin B2B054 Tablet Stage Stand for Presenters and Lecturers for Tablets from 7-11 Inches Including All Generations of iPad, iPad mini and iPad Air, Designed for School and Classroom
Offered by FastMarketPro
Price: $148.42
20 used & new from $85.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Very functional but a little pricey, April 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The school where I work recently went one-to-one iPads for their students and teachers. I thought this would be a great tool for the classroom. We currently use document cameras, projectors, smart boards, and Macbook Pros, so most of the necessary components were there. The stand was very easy to set up and adjust. I felt that the iPad was secure and felt comfortable tilting it as needed.

It worked great as a stand to projector books, papers, and 3D objects. It could easily replace the document cameras. If I was working on a document and typing with a Bluetooth keyboard, I would adjust it to use just as an iPad stand.

In terms of function, I would give it 4 stars. But because of the price, I have to deduct one more star. It's a little steep for a teacher or school to purchase. I received mine through Vine so it was free. People admired it but when they saw the price, they seemed less interested.

On a Clear Day
On a Clear Day
by Walter Dean Myers
Price: $13.76
77 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I expected better, April 7, 2015
This review is from: On a Clear Day (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When a book is written by a NYTimes bestselling author, I keep reading past when I would normally give up. But after 80 pages, I want to move on to a book I would enjoy.

To put it simply, the premise of the book is interesting because it takes place in the near future and a probable one. Which should be terrifying but I just didn't get the urgency or suspense that would drive the plot. The biggest problem for me was the characters. They were flat and not all that interesting. And as the book went on, they became more stereotypical, which I really didn't like. The conversations didn't flow or feel real. A character walks into a room, they say a few things, that I think were supposed to be profound, and then he walks out.

I read a lot of kidlit and YA so it's not like I don't enjoy this genre. This just wasn't what I had hoped.

LeapFrog Learning Friends Preschool Play Set
LeapFrog Learning Friends Preschool Play Set
Offered by iamkathi
Price: $14.75
51 used & new from $14.50

2.0 out of 5 stars My kids stopped playing with it the first day, January 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My kids (almost 3 and 1 1/2) played with this for maybe 5 minutes and then didn't care for it. My youngest was frustrated because the slide didn't stay attached. It fell off to easily. And for some reason, the door opened inward so that if the left panel was folded in, it could not be opened. From what I could tell, I didn't notice a difference between what was said in Break Time and Story Time. And after a few days, my eldest (who doesn't play at rough) had trouble sliding the giraffe to the different modes.

I do think the characters are cute and the perfect size for little hands to hold and place in the different stations. I liked the idea of the toy but my kids, who go to a daycare that structures their day like a school, didn't seem to get it.

Twinings Herbal Tea, Assorted Herbal Teas, 20 Count Bagged Tea (6 Pack)
Twinings Herbal Tea, Assorted Herbal Teas, 20 Count Bagged Tea (6 Pack)
Price: $20.88
14 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Twinings makes my favorite bagged tea, October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great pack of tea. I'm usually not a fan of fruit-flavored ones but Twinings Pomegranate tea has just a hint of fruit. It's not overpowering. The Orange and Cinnamon isn't my favorite but that's the great thing about assorted packs. You get to try a variety and see which you like best, without wasting your money on a full box you don't like.

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Laptop, Grey/White
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Laptop, Grey/White
36 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ... a toy laptop so I thought it would be nice if my 15 month old son had one too, October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter is a toy laptop so I thought it would be nice if my 15 month old son had one too. This is cute and light, with large colorful buttons that just ask to be pressed. But my son doesn't seem that interested in it. I've tried to engage him but it doesn't seem to encourage any learning. Toys like this aren't really meant for the child to play alone but even playing together, he's more interested in flash cards or books with pictures.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20