Profile for L. Furrow > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Furrow "Electrologist, Master Esthetician, Animal Lover" RSS Feed (VIRGINIA)

Electrolysis Exam Secrets Study Guide: Electrolysis Test Review for the Certified Professional Electrologist (CPE) Exam
Price: $49.58

4.0 out of 5 stars STUDY GUIDE ONLY - NO QUESTIONS & ANSWERS, June 13, 2013
How great would this book be if it actually had sample questions inside (with an answer key)? The best exam review would be to present the material - which this book does very well - AND present practice questions in a test format - multiple choice, or even fill the blank questions. Anything.

Rereading much of the same material that is already presented in a common textbook. . . that's acceptible, but students seeking a study guide really want practice questions. All my students would purchase this book if it included 200 or more test questions.

F.M. Brown's Zoo-Vital Jr. Bunny Growth and Breeding Formula, 1-1/2-Pound
F.M. Brown's Zoo-Vital Jr. Bunny Growth and Breeding Formula, 1-1/2-Pound
Price: $13.70
5 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars BANANA FLAVORED RABBIT FOOD, January 11, 2010
GREAT BANANA FLAVOR AND SMELL = is banana flavored and scented and the little bunnies just love it! I also use it for a treat for my older rabbits - and it never hurts to give pre- and pro-biotics to growing or nursing adult rabbits.

NOT PELLETED = no hard dry compress pellets, but chopped up hay, pressed into alphabet shapes. Cute. The bunnies can't really appreciate the effort put into letter shaped food, but if you have children helping to feed the rabbits, this goes over very well. It's like Alphabet cereal for bunnies!

GREAT FOR DIGESTION = has pre-biotics and pro-biotics in the formula that help to build up the beneficial bacteria in the delicate digestive system of rabbits.

GREAT FOR WEANING RABBITS = you can mix this product with formula or water and microwave it to heat and soften it. Tiny babies won't have a hard time trying to chew hard food with their tiny teeth. The smell and the good taste of this product made from fresh green hay make this product great. There is nothing else on the market that even comes close!

GREAT FOR HAND-FEEDING = Recently, I was given 3 tiny baby cottontails to raise. They were found on a construction site and had to be removed (too bad they couldn't wait 2 weeks!). I had read that cottontails that are taken from the mother in the first few days after birth are very susceptible to intestinal problems and get diarhea from eating anything once they are weaned - some immediately, some later. This phenomena is caused by the rabbit having an almost sterile gut - no good bacteria to aid in digestion and keep away the bad bacteria.

ONE NEGATIVE = only comes in the small sized bag. I would like to purchase by the 25 lb bag, but it is not available in larger sizes.

WARNING = If you are hand-feeding tiny baby bunnies that do not have their eyes open yet, PLEASE NOTE - rabbit formula does NOT have enough protein for developing bunnies. A lack of dietary protein for newborn bunnies can cause blindness and vision problems due to cataracts. Contact your nearest wildlife center for information on adding protein to your formula.

I PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT(multiple times) - Highly Recommended!
My bunnies and I just can't imagine life without Jr. Bunny!

Asus Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BU 10.1-Inch Intel Atom Netbook Computer (Royal Blue)
Asus Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BU 10.1-Inch Intel Atom Netbook Computer (Royal Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT NETBOOK - PROBLEM WITH CHARGER SOLVED, January 10, 2010
GREAT FEATURES THAT DISTINGUISH THIS NETBOOK FROM OTHERS ON THE MARKET
1. Faster processor - 1.66GHz
2. Upgradable to 2GB Ram - easily do it yourself (I am not mechanical, but did it myself)
3. 1.3MP webcam (most are 0.3, many won't even tell you how many mp)
4. Windows XP full version
5. Keyboard almost full-size
6. Blue-tooth, and WIFI
7. Comes in Blue, as well as black
8. Free neoprene zip-up case
9. Boot-time is about 30 seconds or less
10. Extra long battery life - pretty accurate specs given
11. Great price (get all the above for nearly the same price as the dept stores are selling the base level product - this one has a fasterer processor, greater mpixel camera, free neoprene case, blue-tooth, etc. than the model in stores)

GREAT TRICK FOR TESTY POWER ADAPTER/CHARGER THAT FAILS:
After thoroughly researching all the available netbooks on the market, the ASUS 10.1-inch with 10.5 Hour Battery Life was the one that caught my eye. I had seen plenty of reviews that told of the woes of the faulty chargers.... but I expected that as many people that had this problem, surely ASUS had fixed this.

I read several comments from others on ASUSs site who claimed that putting the faulty charger in the freezer will fix it. LOL - it really does work! After leaving the charger plugged in, I guess it overheated, and I put it in the freezer for only about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, and could not believe my eyes when it went ready right away (blue indicator light was lit and charged fine)!!!!.

I wasn't sure if people were just pulling my leg, but now I know :)

I purchased this product - Highly Recommended!

The Monstrumologist
The Monstrumologist
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Monstrously Gross BUT Monstrously Great Story, October 23, 2009
What makes "The Monstrumologist" great?
1. Believability
- - Building plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat, great "science" presented as believable. charming and interesting characters
2. Gore and guts were not so terrible that it kept you from wanting to read more
3. Great story that is just short of causing terror-provoking nightmares
4. Young Will Henry - you just want to adopt him
- -
5. Leaves you waiting for the next novel in this (hopefully) series!

*I purchased this book.
DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED!

BioSpot Active Care Just Born Nursing Bottles 2 oz
BioSpot Active Care Just Born Nursing Bottles 2 oz
Offered by Geroy's
Price: $3.70
13 used & new from $3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars GREATEST NURSER KIT EVER!, June 7, 2009
I have raised 1000s of rabbits, and adopted or hand fed up to 100 babies, and after trying every bottle and nipple known to man, I found the greatest hand feeding kit ever!

The Just Born nipples in this kit are shorter and softer than any other I have found. After fighting to get other brand nipples into their tiny mouths and then coaxing them to suckle, my little babies eagerly grasped the nipple and began to feed. I used a razor blade to make a "cross-cut" on the nipple for the perfect flow. As for other brands, I went through 4 or 5, trying to cut them just right to avoid aspiration from choking on the milk.

These nipples are great for baby rabbits, kittens, puppies, or other small animal. For newborns or animals smaller than kittens and puppies, I put the nipple on the end of a syringe to monitor how much milk is taken (the type with a "luer lock" works best to hold the nipple on).

When I had finished feeding, I tried to coax my little triplet babies to take more milk - they chewed and gnawed on that nipple like there was no tomorrow, but you couldn't tell the used nipple from the new ones! Very durable!

I give this product 5 Stars! and an A+. The additional nipples and bottle brush are a bonus. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Stoneman Sports QSP-610 Sparehand Adjustable Bike Bar Adapter, Black Finish
Stoneman Sports QSP-610 Sparehand Adjustable Bike Bar Adapter, Black Finish
Offered by Internet Shopping Club
Price: $35.99
7 used & new from $27.06

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TOOL - Wish I'd Seen This One First!, June 3, 2009
GREAT telescoping, adjustable length "crossbar" for the bike that doesn't have one. Women's bikes and kids bikes many times cannot be placed on a standard bike carrier if they are not equipped with a crossbar, or if the crossbar is too low or too short. This is great! The locking carabiner-type opening on BOTH ends makes this much easier AND safer than other brands.

MUCH BETTER THAN THE OTHER BRAND:
I just wish I would have seen this bike frame adapter before I bought the "other one." My first experience was poorly designed Allen Tension Bar Bicycle Cross-Bar Adaptor that has a "safety" cable attached. On the first use, the cable slipped out of its clamp and when I checked it, the main clamp holding it together would push open with little pressure. I could have lost my brand new bike on the first outing!

When I opened the box for my NEW SpareHand Bike Frame Adaptor, it only took 3 seconds to recognize the superior workmanship and design.

DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED!

The Last Leopard (African Adventures)
The Last Leopard (African Adventures)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, But Not as Captivating as Previous Works, April 3, 2009
Following "The White Giraffe" and "Dolphin Song" - "The Last Leopard" is the third book in the adventures of 11-year-old Martine, who lives on an African game preserve with her grandmother. "The Last Leopard" has a strong animal-conservation theme and takes place in Zimbabwe, where Martine and her friend Ben travel to become involved in a search for the elusive Leopard, whose capture is linked to a lost treasure. Poachers and treasure hunters are the villains in Martine's world, where she is fearlessly willing to risk her life in her quest to save the last leopard.

In keeping with St. John's earlier works, this story is full of African mysticism, legends, and hocus-pocus events, which were used to give the plot a convenient save, or to advance the plot by magical events, drawings, visions, or people.

Characters in this story were not as well developed as in the two earlier works, which could definitely stand alone. Of course, this may be a more important factor for those who have never read the White Giraffe or Dolphin Song, and didn't "know" Martine and Ben.

Some portions of the book are slow, and others could use better transition. It seemed it was put out in a rush with not enough time spent in revision.

Whole sections of the book nearly lost me several times, when the plot wasn't flowing well, or when too many foreign names and their strange spellings were used (too many too close together) to give the African names and meanings for people, places, and things. This was like studying the language and took me out of the story several times to the point that I could have laid the book down and forgotten about finishing it. It was a love for Martine's character from the previous works that caused me to want to reread some sections to try to get back into the story.

"The Last Leopard" is a good story, and I did enjoy reading about little Martine and her knowledge and supernatural abilities with wild animals. The descriptions of the African landscape, wildlife, and people were informative and added to the adventure.

Milady's Guide to Lymph Drainage Massage
Milady's Guide to Lymph Drainage Massage
by Ramona Moody French
Price: $57.95
39 used & new from $5.46

1.0 out of 5 stars CONFUSING - INCOMPLETE - POORLY LAID OUT, September 8, 2008
After purchasing and reviewing several books, I have found this one to be the poorest. I train estheticians in LDM, and cannot use this book for my text. Flipping back and forth through the book, I had a hard time finding the information I needed in one place for a specific topic, such as the major nodal groups and their names - I gave up - no diagram, missing nodal groups. On page 11 (diagram)- some nodal groups are noted, but many are missing - aren't there lymph nodes in the legs? and in the arms?? Many people with lymphedema (or just edema) have swelling in the legs, feet, or ankles, and in the arms... How will this help them? The instructions for "massage" are easy to understand with great pictures for each step, but much of the instruction leads one to use their own personal definition of massage rather than skin stretching.
A good picture book, but not a good reference or study book.
But - I will say it is a good step-by-step instruction for anyone with a family member that needs LDM - with caution: follow the instructions carefully, step by step.
Personally, I like the "Foundations of Manual Lymph Drainage" - by Michael Foldi and Roman Strossenreuther much better. A little scientific for the novice, but has much more information for better understanding, and the chapters are more complete, which saves much time flipping back and forth searching in the Milady's book. Also, the DVD by Sean Riehl is very educational.