Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Veil_Lord > Reviews

Browse

Veil_Lord's Profile

Customer Reviews: 717

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Veil_Lord RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mybat UNIVP255NP Sport Armband Case for Cell Phones and Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Neon Green
Price: $6.12
17 used & new from $2.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Arm Size, July 27, 2016
I've been worried about finding something that would both properly fit my old LG Optimus Exceed 2 I currently use as a media player and this worked well enough for that. It's maybe even a tiny bit large for it, but nothing major. The arm band is not the best designed and if you're not careful you'll catch on the velcro pads and probably eventually pull the threads out, but it is well sized so you can fit it over big or small arms and shirts or no shirt pretty easily.

The material doesn't breath that well so you might sweat a bit under it. There are no instructions, but presumably hand washing is fine. This won't win any awards for being beautiful or the best quality, but it's not ugly and is good enough it should work as a basic exercise armband.

Acronis True Image 2015 for PC and Mac (3-User)
Acronis True Image 2015 for PC and Mac (3-User)
Offered by SavingCOST
Price: $17.00
20 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes Disk Images Reliably Is About It, July 27, 2016
Been using the software for years and it keeps going more and more downhill as they add bloat. The core functionality, a simple image you can restore even the Windows partition with, is spot on and I've only ever had one issue with an older version and that is somewhat my fault for not validating it at the time. So if you want an image you can periodically backup to an external drive or even to their nice hidden partition on your existing drive it works great. Just a note, if you do use the hidden partition make sure your files are backed up or obviously a hard drive failure will take those backups out too. The images have saved me MANY HOURS over the years and a lot of headache so I like the program just for them.

Where it fails miserably is everything else. I had it briefly doing file backups which worked well, until it started failing with an error message that when clicked goes to Acronis' help page with "no data is available for this error". Lovely. So I can't trust it for that and will have to use some other software. It's rollback stuff in the past has been unreliable at best and the interface has gotten slow, ugly, and needs more clicks to do what I want. After briefly activating the trial of online storage it now forever bugs me at random intervals to go back to using it with no way I can find to tell it to just shut up. So short version, great at it's most core functionality and miserable at most everything else.

Grey Goo [Online Game Code]
Grey Goo [Online Game Code]
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good Enough, May 10, 2016
I love a lot of the game, but the single player is the only thing I play in these games due to lack of time. The single player is short, only 5 levels each plus an extra Goo one. There should also be some DLC pack I think is in the version I got, but I don't know. The problem is the AI is so bad it was ridiculous. I got to the last Goo level and it became evident how badly the computer was cheating by sending in units it couldn't produce and warping them right on top of the take and hold targets while my units did NOTHING to defend and I had to micromanage them on three at once to hopefully keep from losing a point and starting over.

It may just be awful single player design, but that's sadly all I can really rate it on since it's the only thing that I use it for. Just became a chore to play and I'm not sure I'll ever get to forcing myself to finish it. That said, most of the single player was at least good enough if usually uninspired. The epic units were pretty good, the Goo's being especially cool dissolving things, but the Beta's being my favorite overall. If you think you'll play multiplayer, I'd suggest taking the advice of other reviewers. If you'll only be single player like me, it's still one I'd recommend barely if it's cheap, but didn't meet my expectations.

One caveat, the new DLC levels are quite well designed and mostly fun. So hoping they learned and if they do a sequel it will be like those.

Grey Goo: War is Evolving - Collector's Edition
Grey Goo: War is Evolving - Collector's Edition
Offered by InstockOnline
Price: $13.97
18 used & new from $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I Wanted To Love It, May 10, 2016
I wanted to love this game. I really did. It looked awesome. I had it in my shopping list until it dropped in price, knowing I'd never get time to play online so not worth full price. It's got a nice, if sparse, story and some good ideas, but ultimately fell flat for me. The first thing you should know is it's slower paced than StarCraft 2 for example. It's not so much twitch game play as older style slower plan out your moves style. I liked that a lot. At times it can be a little too slow, with your units creeping out or moving lethargically across the map, but overall not bad.

The number of units you have is sort of a problem. It's a pretty tiny number. You basically have fast, heavier, and air power/artillery in either strong or weak categories and you have an epic unit. That's it. So basically like or 10 per race. Still, given other games have units that just replicate the same functions it's not all that bad. Could have used a higher supply cap so you could mass stuff, but it still works.

Where it fails for me is the inept AI. Playing the single player (almost) final battle, it cheats terribly. You can kill the two opponents, which is fine, they're out of contention. Well once you grab three points, they start attacking you with units that can't possibly be built with a teleporter you already destroyed. What's worse, they'll teleport right on top of the nodes you're holding and the AI on your units is so stupid they'll stand there and ignore as the attackers take out the only units that matter to holding the nodes. Given that you're doing three at a time, the babysitting is ridiculous. It passed the point of not being challenging and fun to lazy and cheap. Single player is also only 16 levels long. Yes, you get 5 levels per, plus a bonus level with the Goo which were by far my least favorite to try to control. In an era where you'd expect at least 10 per race, it was highly disappointing.

I may or may not even bother finishing the game. The awful AI and cheating vs. fun approach the developers take have really soured me on it. It may be that it's terribly fun in skirmish or online play. I could fully see that, but at this point I'm not having fun.

Scotts EZ Seed 17446 Tall Fescue Dog Spot Repair
Scotts EZ Seed 17446 Tall Fescue Dog Spot Repair
Price: $13.49
2 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Patching, April 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Do not buy this if you're planning to seed an entire lawn. These packages are crazy expensive for that. However, they're also the best we've ever tried at fixing holes in the lawn with the most minimal of effort. Literally, break up the ground a bit, dump it on, use the color to tell you when it's dry and keep it moist. That's about it.

We have a couple dogs and worse a drought going on, so we were pretty much letting the lawn get by on minimal water until the winter. Due to both, we had a few holes and this was the minimal amount of effort to fix them. It's been a few days and the little bits of green are starting to show. I have no doubts it'll be successful since we've used very similar (non-dog type) last year. Great product for fixing small areas.

Samsung HM1950 Wireless Hands Free Bluetooth Headset - Black Leather
Samsung HM1950 Wireless Hands Free Bluetooth Headset - Black Leather
Offered by Noble Planet
Price: $32.85
6 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, April 10, 2016
Found this at a bigbox store while I was on vacation and my parents bought it for me. I'm holding onto a 4 year old flip phone because I don't need the hassle of the smart phone and I like something that only needs charging every 2 weeks instead of every couple of days. Anyway, had a cheaper one from another brand that worked, but only for calls. It died so I got a new set, but they only played music. Bluetooth compatibility and versioning really stinks. Stuff should be backwards compatible or at least very clearly marked somewhere.

This one not only worked perfectly with the older phone, it let me listen to either music or make calls. Big improvement. It was pretty comfortable and gave a couple of options like the rubber in ear thing that holds in in better or the plastic around the ear (comes with a spare one too) which I generally prefer even though it's less comfortable since it's nearly impossible to have it fall out. Very happy with the purchase.

--Edit 05-10-16--

So far I'm still really liking it. Talk time I think is supposed to be something like 4 hours, but I've not come close yet. If you press the power button and down volume it will flash either blue for > 80%, purple for 20% to 80% and red for < 20% which is handy. I usually just charge it for next time when I'm done with a long call. Seems to charge pretty quickly.

Wireless Bluetooth Earphones
Wireless Bluetooth Earphones
Offered by TaKeoretail
Price: $12.97
5 used & new from $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, April 10, 2016
Was a little nervous about these. Craig is a known brand with my family, but generally of borderline cheap stuff, though borderline cheap stuff that does run as intended if not as well as expensive ones. First set I got were defective, but that happens with anything. I can confirm 4 of the 5 following sets I bought worked perfectly with the 5th not opened yet. If you have an older phone, they may be useless. They didn't work with a 4 year old flip phone (only played music calls wouldn't work), but were fine on android devices from a year or two back.

They don't fit great in my ear, not held in that well, so in a noisy place I have to up the volume more than I'd like. You could probably replace the plastic rubbery hear parts from another set if you have better and use it. Supposedly 3 hours of play time, but I've not pushed to the max. I can confirm at least 90 minutes were fine. Charge was quick. So as very basic low end ones, in my case ultimately to make an awesome media player setup for < $25, they are awesome. For a heavy use daily type of purpose, you may want to spend a bit more for better ones.

Magicfly Mini Penguin Massager, White, One Size for Neck, Shoulders, Face
Magicfly Mini Penguin Massager, White, One Size for Neck, Shoulders, Face
Offered by Magicfly
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Facial Massager, March 25, 2016
My wife uses two of these to massage her face at night after she puts on her oils, creams, or whatever. They both run just fine on two rechargable Nimh AA batteries, so the cost to operate them is literally pennies. I don't think they'd work well for any kind of serious massaging, but then not much will at that size and using 2 AA batteries so can't really fault it for that. She's happy so I'm happy. We'll probably buy more of them for gifts around Christmas.

Lasko 6462 Full Circle Ceramic Heater with Remote
Lasko 6462 Full Circle Ceramic Heater with Remote
Price: $58.99
109 used & new from $35.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Problems, March 25, 2016
Got one to warm up the bedroom. The thing works pretty well, though it'd be handier if we could get an off timer to work with it instead of just reaching a temperature and keeping it there. The parts are durable and the coverage is great. We've been using for several months and it's doing a great job.

It does pull too much power though. It managed to trip the breakers once when my wife was using a hair dryer at the same time. Never had that happen with our old heater so this one must pull more energy or something. All things considered, that's a minor thing. Would happily recommend.

Garmin Portable Friction Mount - Frustration Free Packaging
Garmin Portable Friction Mount - Frustration Free Packaging
Price: $14.35

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Pricey But Worth it, March 25, 2016
Got one of these for my parents. They'd received a GPS and lost the cradle part. Unfortunately, this unit does not come with that, so we had to buy them another suction cup mount to get the piece, then we were able to use this one. It's great for keeping the GPS at a good eye level. I haven't seen it slip out of place, so that's great. I don't use it primarily, but I'd feel safer with that than the suction cup since the suction cup for my GPS has come loose before and made it fall down. It's also great since you can very easily stash it when parked so it's not a visible target for thieves. Looks to be a little cheaper than the Tomtom version for their units, though not enough to be a make or break on which brand to buy.

Good purchase. They are VERY happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20