Profile for Jill P. Kight > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jill P. Kight RSS Feed (Connelly Springs, NC United States)

Page: 1 | 2
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful game!, July 19, 2013
The graphics are wonderful. I love the way you can change the viewing angle to get a good look at things. Completely engrossing!

Ocean Waves: Rest, Relax, Unwind
Ocean Waves: Rest, Relax, Unwind

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, May 23, 2013
I purchased this app yesterday and am very pleased with it. I am using it at work as an antidote to stress. The ocean sounds are calming but do not intrude on my thoughts. And the video is gorgeous! It has a nice long loop -about 48 seconds. While you can detect the loop change, it is not distracting - one of the smoother ones I´ve seen. Very happy with this one.

Brain Gems: A fun and addictive word game mix of word jumble puzzles and crossword clues

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down., February 25, 2013
Absorbing and fun. Game is nicely thought out. Tons of games at varied levels. You can turn on hints, but I found they were premature for my plodding brain. But if hints are turned off, you will have to wait until time runs out to get a clue. Maybe a future version could have in-game hints available; perhaps one could ´buy' them with earned points. Some clues are tricky, which adds to the fun, but watch out for clues that do not use the same plurality as the answer. For example, one clue says (ie) "propel (sing.) in a long arc". The answer is "lobs" (pl.). This only matters when dropping letters. Really worthwhile getting this one.

Perfect Timing - Lang 2013 Bob Timberlake Wall Calendar (1001557)
Perfect Timing - Lang 2013 Bob Timberlake Wall Calendar (1001557)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, February 8, 2013
Worthy of framing at the end of the year. And Lang includes a wallpaper of the month for your desktop for free.

Poetic StrapBack Protective Case for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Black (Support Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: $14.95
4 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, February 8, 2013
I received this case today and am quite impressed with its design and sturdiness. This is a hardback case with a soft feel and the flexibility I want for different viewing angles. This supports my 8'9" kindle in landscape mode and has four stops for the different angles - no slipping. It has holes for the speakers, but the speakers are exposed anyway while viewing. Sound quality is naturally better with the case in an open position, rather than fully closed. The case allows access to all ports and buttons and offers the auto wake/sleep function . There is a somewhat chemical smell to the case, which I imagine will fade over time. It doesn't particularly bother me. This is a terrific case, especially considering its modest price of $9.

Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What a help!, January 15, 2013
WW says, "if you bite it, write it!" That is just one of the strengths of this app-wherever I am, I have a huge database of foods to help log my intake accurately. More important than the numbers is being mindful of what I eat, appropriate portioning, and nutritional values. I can track my progress by weight, nutritional ratios, and other measurements. This app does far more than I use. Think I'll invite a friend to join me!

King Baby
King Baby
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: King Baby (MP3 Music)
Fun, fun, fun! Jim Gaffigan is a funny guy who doesn't rely on shock to entertain. I found "King Baby" to be very entertaining (found myself laughing out loud), and he has lots of material. Take a break and have some fun!

Scramble With Friends Free
Scramble With Friends Free
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and fun, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Scramble With Friends Free (App)
Scramble is a lot of fun to play (even if my son does wipe the floor up with me!). It's fast paced and often challenging to find all the words in the time allotted. I gave it four stars instead of five, because I believe there are a couple of things that could be better. First, game play is restricted to the number of coins you have. Once you are out of coins, you cannot play anymore until they build back up. Or you can purchase coins with real money. (I'll just wait, thanks.) Also, I'd love for there to be a single player option. When playing with others, we are on each other's timetable. You play a round and may wait a day to play another round with a given player. I think it would great to play alone just for the fun of it. Other than that, this is a great game. It functions perfectly on my Kindle Fire.

Quickoffice Pro
Quickoffice Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, September 7, 2012
This review is from: Quickoffice Pro (App)
Use this app on my Kindle Fire. Great buy for the $4.99 I paid. Would still purchase at $14.99 if I had a larger tablet.

The Lost City
The Lost City

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!, July 28, 2012
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
Engrossing, infuriating, addicting! Had to use the Hints more than I would have liked, but my own notes would have helped. Example: a screen might give a clue, but it may be a couple of days before the key to the clue turns up. Now I cannot remember which screen the corresponding clue was on. A note would have helped me, as the map locations can take awhile to search once you have opened a lot of screens. Really great fun, though.

Page: 1 | 2