Profile for kennyszub > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kennyszub RSS Feed

The Wolf of Wall Street
The Wolf of Wall Street
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rate the story, not the man, March 15, 2014
I feel that many of the lower-star reviewers here just complained about how bad of a person Jordan Belfort was, and how they found his lifestyle disgusting - thus a one star review for his deceit and hedonism.

However, I think it's better to judge this book based on the story he tells - Jordan doesn't hide the type of person he is, and you can tell from his writing style he probably hasn't changed much. I think this is better than some sort of remorseful story - he tells it how it was for him (although apparently, nobody ever called him "The Wolf.")

Overall, a very entertaining read, and a ridiculous story.

Hitman: Absolution - Xbox 360
Hitman: Absolution - Xbox 360
Offered by EA Electronics
Price: $10.93
197 used & new from $4.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it...disappointed. Little to no replay value, December 17, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
My first Hitman game was the last one, Hitman: Blood Money. Fantastic game, absolutely loved it.
However, I feel that Absolution took away almost everything that made Blood Money so fun.
Yes I do a lot of comparing to Blood Money, but I think it's fair to hold the game to that standard.
I'm just going to talk about my complaints since there is a lot written on what makes the game good:

-Not being able to customize/upgrade your loadout before playing. While it may sound minor, I came to realize that this is something I really loved about Blood Money. The fact that you can carry so many weapons and upgrade them really made the game a lot of fun. In Absolution, all you ever get to start with are the Silver Ballers. While other weapons are throughout the level, they are usually not too varied and lacked the cool attachments and such that you could use in Blood Money. In Contracts mode, you can only select one starting weapon to replace your Silver Ballers.

-Linear level design. This is a HUGE downer, probably my biggest complaint. The levels are split into sections, are smaller, and only a few of them allow for the exploration that you could do in Blood Money. This greatly decreases the replay value - you can't wander around the huge levels like you could in Blood Money, so how many times can you replay the level in the same way before getting bored? While there are varied ways to approach an assassination, they all feel similar and limited.

-Emphasis on sneaking around. In Blood Money, you had to be stealthy but once you got a disguise you were in pretty good shape. As you've probably heard, disguises are nearly useless and you have to spend a lot of time just sneaking around the level, instead of striding confidently around like you could in Blood Money. This means you're going to spend the whole level sneaking instead of planning your kill. Also, there are many levels that the only objective is to "escape" the level, instead of killing anyone.

-Levels I couldn't relate to. By this, I mean that many of the levels were big industrial settings filled with guards instead of the suburbs, busy city, steam boat, hospital etc. of Blood Money. In my opinion, I think levels that mimic everyday environments with civilians are better than the guarded complexes (very few civilians) that Absolution has.

-Gloomy graphics. This goes hand in hand with the point above - it's always raining or nighttime or some such in most of the levels and I just didn't really like this gloomy aspect of the levels.

-Because of all of the above, no replay ability. I still had fun playing the campaign, but the points above, especially the loadout and linearity complaints made it so that I didn't want to play anymore after the campaign. Contracts mode disappointed me too, it was hard to find good contracts and those that existed just weren't that enjoyable.

OVERALL: Rent this game, play through the campaign, and then make the call. Don't make the mistake of buying it first..I think there's a reason this game is already only $40 so soon after the release.
5/10
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2013 12:43 AM PDT

Canon PIXMA MG2120 Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier
Canon PIXMA MG2120 Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier
Offered by Expert Sellers Inc.
Price: $45.99
30 used & new from $28.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware! Could not print!!, September 18, 2012
Very annoyed with this product - after following the directions exactly, I could not get this thing to print and kept getting 'Communication Error', despite having the printer plugged in the USB port, with the correct drivers installed. Please note before you discredit this that I am very tech savvy (I'm a CS student), and did not make some simple, stupid error. My laptop is virus-free and up-to-date.

I called Canon Tech support and spent at least an hour on the phone with them. Still no luck, they told me to contact Apple.
Not going to bother with that because I doubt Apple would have a solution.

Anyways, if it works for you, great - but as a Mountain Lion Mac OSX user, this printer has been a waste of money, and I probably can't return it since I've installed the cartridges...
This thing has wasted my money and hours of my time unsuccessfully. ONE STAR.

Airwalk  Skate Tool
Airwalk Skate Tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent construction, but screw driver not usable, September 4, 2011
This review is from: Airwalk Skate Tool (Sports)
I purchased this tool for my longboard because I wanted a skate tool that didn't have breakable plastic parts and was entirely metal.

The Airwalk met my expectations here, the sockets are correctly sized and you can tell the tool is well built.

My only complaint is that there is no way to use the screw driver...in the picture you can see the screwdriver, but where are you supposed to mount the end so that it's actually usable? I tried placing it perpendicular to the Airwalk tool in the indentation, but to no avail. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure you need another tool to use the screwdriver.

Otherwise, a good purchase. I just bought a cheap screwdriver separately to use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2012 10:04 AM PDT

Schwinn Aluminum Frame Pump
Schwinn Aluminum Frame Pump
Offered by A&A Stores
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Works..to a certain extent, September 4, 2011
This product is mediocre at best.

Construction - solid, metal and plastic parts. Won't break easily.
Usability - poor. Pumping is awkward because the handle that folds out to allow you to pump does not lock into position, therefore it is difficult to pump.
Pressure reached - low. I haven't tested it with a gauge but you won't be able to get your wheel nearly as pumped up as a upright pump.

Overall - good as an emergency road pump. Would not recommend for general use. Somewhat poor design, but solidly built.

Xbox 360 60GB Hard Drive (Not compatible with Xbox 360 Slim)
Xbox 360 60GB Hard Drive (Not compatible with Xbox 360 Slim)
Offered by Piranha USA
Price: $87.95
65 used & new from $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly, September 4, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
No problems with the hard drive. I'm using it now months later and it works like new. Highly recommend.

One note: You will need to purchase the transfer cable separately.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, awful comfort..., January 9, 2011
Durability: 5 Stars
They are really solid, almost completely made out of metal. Very well designed as far as durability, I feel that these could last me years and years of use versus plastic headphones.

Sound: 5 Stars
Great sound. Contrary to what others have said, there IS a huge difference in sound between these and the Beats Studio. The sound in the Studios is more subdued and sounds more canned. The sound in these is more powerful and you can really hear each of the individual instruments. As expected, bass is booming and powerful, but doesn't overpower. I listen to all genres of music from Hip-hop to rock to jazz to classical to pop...you name it, and the Beats Pro sound great for it. Despite not being battery powered, I still get a powerful sound when using them with my iPhone 4.

Style: 5 Stars
As you can see from the pictures, they look fantastic. Probably the most stylish headphones I've ever seen.

Bass: 5 Stars
Punchy and responsive but not overpowering.

Comfort: 1 Star
This is the deal breaker...as others have said these headphones really are not comfortable. The circular pads sort of squeeze your ears into the headphone, leaving them sore after a short period of time. The headband is very tight as well. I've been bending the headband to try to make them fit less tightly, but the circular pads still make your ears sore no matter what. It's really a shame they are so uncomfortable...

Padding: 4 Stars
The padding is good and thick, but it's the shape of the pads that makes the headphones so uncomfortable as stated above.

Sound leak: 4 Stars
They leak sound alright, but it's really not bad at all. When they're on your head sound leakage isn't bad unless you're really blasting the music.

Overall: As you can see from my review, I think these headphones are great in every aspect except for comfort...after trying them out for a few weeks I think I might go back to the Studios. Although the sound isn't as good, at least they are comfortable, unlike the Pros. Hopefully they fix this problem soon with a new version of the headphones. It's really a shame because of the great styling and sound...but I just can't justify holding onto $400 headphones that hurt to wear.

Ear Force X11 Amplified Stereo Headset with Chat
Ear Force X11 Amplified Stereo Headset with Chat
11 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, can hear details well. Hurts my ears after a while though, January 2, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
These headphones work well, and are a great deal for their price on Amazon. I like the individually adjustable chat and game volume levels. My only complaint is that the headphones are a little small and tight fitting, and after wearing them for too long my ears begin to become sore (note this is after an hour or so of use).