Profile for Theodore P. Summers > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Theodore P. Summers RSS Feed (Marietta, GA USA)

Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount
Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount
Price: $34.36
15 used & new from $34.36

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 in landscape mode once I removed the top brace padding which was very easy to do, June 26, 2015
The Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount also works well with the Samsung Note Pro 12.2 in landscape mode once I removed the top brace padding which was very easy to do.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Galaxy S6 Edge Case, Verus [Special Edition] Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Wallet Case [Layered Dandy Diary][Wine Red] Premium Two Tone Soft PU Leather Wallet Cover - Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, International, and Unlocked - Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Early 2015 Model
Offered by Verus USA
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and Beauty!, May 18, 2015
My wife found this case, and I must say it is beautiful. I purchased the Gold colored S6 Edge and this Wine colored Verus Dandy Layer Case is the perfect compliment to the phone. The case protects the whole phone good enough for my needs, while maintains the style and beauty of the phone itself.

Bosch [HD]
Bosch [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Original Series, March 5, 2015
This review is from: Bosch [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
Bosch is a excellent Amazon original series. I really enjoyed season one and look forward to viewing more seasons of Bosch in the future.

DGT 3000 Chess & Game Clock
DGT 3000 Chess & Game Clock
Offered by ChessCentral
Price: $89.95
5 used & new from $81.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It has a larger display which I love. It also works well with my DGT USB ..., February 18, 2015
This review is from: DGT 3000 Chess & Game Clock (Toy)
I bought this clock to replace my DGT XL. It has a larger display which I love. It also works well with my DGT USB Chessboard. The clock will display the number of moves till the time limit is met, all you need to do if you want to see the number of moves is press the # button on the front of the clock and it will display the moves. Not sure if the other reviewer of this clock knew that.

Due to the fact that the DGT 3000 Chess clock has a plastic housing, I would say that this clock is better suited for casual long time controlled or tournament games.

This is a good chess clock to take to tournament chess events, that said I would not use the clock for playing speed chess out in the parks. If you are looking for a chess clock to play that type of chess then I would choose the Chronos Chess Clock or the Duel Timer Champion Touch Chess Clock. I own both of these chess clocks as well, and can tell you they are better built for park play.

Onkyo HT-S8409 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package
Onkyo HT-S8409 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on the Onkyo HT-S8409, December 9, 2011
I purchased this system to replace my Denon AVR-788 receiver. Onkyo had several models that I looked at, however I decided on this one because it is network capable, has the features I was looking for and is firmware upgradeable. As far as I can tell it uses a 10/100 based NIC. Out of the box and connected to my network I had access to few services, however after completing the update I had access to vTuner, Pandora, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM iRadio, Slacker, Mediafly, Napster iRadio, Spotify, Last.FM, and AUPEO. There is a "My Favorites" feature where you can save up to 40 Internet radio stations. The system suppoprts DLNA certified media servers, Windows Media Player 11 and 12, and Windows Media Connect 2.0.

It can handle the following audio formats, MP3, WMA, WMA lossless, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG and LPCM. I could stream audio files from my PC straight to the receiver or use a plugged in USB device such as a flash drive. I also have a LG N1T1 (1 Terabyte) NAS on my network. I use it to store my music and video files. It has a built in media server and uses DLNA as well. I can tell you that the Onkyo HT-S8409 has no problems accessing and playing files straight from my NAS.

While this package is called the Onkyo HT-S8409, the receiver that comes in this package is the Onkyo TX-NR609. The system has a total of 6 HDMI inputs, 5 HDMI inputs on the back of the system and 1 HDMI input in the front of the system. It uses HDMI Version V1.4a that supports 3D video and Audio Return Channel. The system also supports 1080p Upscaling (4K (3840 x 2160)). It also sports 2 Component inputs, 4 Composite inputs, 6 audio inputs, a standard VGA PC input as well as 2 Optical, 2 Coaxial inputs and a USB port. One more thing, the system has a Powered Zone 2 audio out and supports up to two Subwoofers. So if you had a extra sub you wanted to use that would make this setup a 7.2.

For what it's worth, this receievr is THX Certified (Select2 Plus). Supports TrueHD, DD Plus,DTS-HD Master Audio, HD-High Resolution Audio, NEO:6, and Audyssey. You also receive a Mic that is used for Auto Speaker Calibration (Audyssey 2EQ).

The system comes with 2 tower speakers, 1 center, 1 powered subwoofer, and 4 satellite surround sound speakers. The sound is great, I did not think I would hear a difference upgrading from a 5.1 to a 7.1 surround sound system, however I must admit that I am impressed. There are serveral listening modes to choose from. There is also a programmable universal remote which I am sure is pretty much standard these days.

As I stated earlier this system can be updated using firmware. There are two ways you can do this, one way is to download the firmware from Onkyo's website and place it on a USB flash drive, then plug the usb drive into the receiver. Note, you need at least 32 MB of space available. The other way is to have the device plugged into your router via ethernet cable and download and install from the Onkyo Menu interface. The process should take not loanger than 60 minutes to complete. (Yes, You heard me correctly 60 minutes and yes I thought that was a bit long.)

The system comes with a 2 year limited warranty, and the only main requirement is that it is placed in an area that has good ventilation so as to avoid over heating problems. Currently I have my cable box plugged into my Logitech Revue via HDMI. My Logitech Revue, Xbox360, and Playstation 3 are plugged into the Onkyo receiver via HDMI. Lastly I have the Onkyo receiver HDMI out going into my LG 47LES5400 HDTV. As far as I can tell Amazon had the best price on this model. I looked and could not find a better price than the $644 that Amazon was selling this unit for. My system was shipped via UPS 2 day delivery and had a total weight of 107 lbs.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2013 10:26 AM PDT

Logitech Revue Companion Box and Keyboard Controller
Logitech Revue Companion Box and Keyboard Controller
22 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars IPTV is the future of television, August 31, 2011
IPTV is the future of television. The broadcast industry needs to get on board or they will miss the boat. It will be very interesting to see where IPTV is 5 years from now.

Now as for the Logitech Revue. First let me say that I also own a WDTV Live, and Roku XD, however at it's $99.00 price tag the Logitech Revue is the best product at this price point. It handles Flash video at 1080p very well. That said I do believe that you should have updated networking equipment in your household or else your experience may suffer from buffering issues.

I do wish it had support for more video file formats however, for video streaming it does not support MKV or Divx and I even had problems with some mpeg formats. I had to convert allot of my video files to MP4 format so that they would work on all my devices. The device handles Flash, MP4 and MP3 formats very well.

Some will find that they either love or hate the keyboard. I for one love it, however for those that hate it you can either buy a smaller keypad or if you have a Android phone you can download and install the GoogleTV app for free which will also control the device.

The device has two usb ports and you can purchase the Logitech TV Cam to connect with one of them. I perfer to use them for my external hard drives. Currently I am using it with a 500GB USB hard drive. The drive has to be formated in Fat32 format in order for it to work with the Logitach Revue. There is a Windows GUI tool called "Fat32Format" that you can use to do this, but the author also has a command line tool to do this as well. This tools allow you to format hard drives larger than 32GB in Fat32 format.

For those of you who enjoy hacking around your devices, there is currently a Beta on the web that will allow you to try out the Honeycomb Android build on the Logitech Revue. I would not advise it since you would at this time lose the abilty to run Netflix. However this could be done via the USB port and a Flash drive. I think it's better to wait for the next update which will bring the Android market place and hopefully a greater number of video file formats to the device.

I use the device for watching Twit.TV, Revision 3, Justin.Tv and somtimes even Youtube. I also use it for Netflix, Pandora, Web browsing, and Streaming my Video and Music library. The Device works well with my LG HDTV (47LE5400), Denon AVR-788 Reciever, and Comcast Cable box (DCX-3400). I have had no issues accessing or viewing my DVR content either.

In closing, at $99.00 (USD) I feel this is the best device for IPTV on the market and with the expected firmware update I expect it to get better.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as Stated., May 31, 2011
Wow, I had my doubts, however this really is a OEM HTC battery (Complete with HTC logo, Part Number, and Serial Number) for my HD2 cell phone. I ordered it on Friday afternoon and received it on Tuesday the day after Memorial Day. I am very happy with the service. PS: Oh and Yes it works as advertised.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cello for Students, August 14, 2010
Hi, I just purchased this Cello for my son who is in his first year of Middle School Orchestra. I found the price very affordable and the condition/quality of the instrument to be excellent. This is a good Cello for students who are taking lessons. When I did the math, I found this purchase to be a better value than renting a Cello with insurance from the local music store. Here is a example from my local music store's rental prices. Rates were $67 for the 1st 3 months, then $50 per month there after. Plus insurance of $8 per month. Therefore if school is in session for 9 months, I was looking at $367 for the school year (Not counting Insurance). Mind you that's just for the Cello. No extra's like extra case, strings or rosin would come with your rental. However that's just my opinion, what do I know? So I made a appointment to meet with my son's Orchestra teacher. She confirmed it was the correct size (4/4), setup the bridge, tuned the instrument, and stated that it met her standards for the class as well as informed me that it was a great value for the price we paid, plus the instrument had great sound. With proper care, it should last him the rest of his school years. Well at least till college. :)

Flexpod Click N' Stick Suction-cup Monopod (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Flexpod Click N' Stick Suction-cup Monopod (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefect!, December 16, 2009
I bought this suction cup mount after 1st buying the "Panavise 809" suction cup mount for my Kodak Zi8 video camcorder and finding out that it would not work due to the angle of my front windshield.

This "Flexpod Click N' Stick Monopod" suction cup mount on the other hand worked like a charm. The snake like structure of this monopod mount was very flexible, yet stiff and strong enough to support the weight of my Kodak Zi8 camcorder and well as my other camcorders that weighted three times as much.

If you own a Zi8 or similar camcorder, then I would highly recommend the "Flexpod Click N' Stick Monopod" suction cup mount by "Sunpak".

HP Pavilion DV7-2180US 17.3-Inch Entertainment Laptop
HP Pavilion DV7-2180US 17.3-Inch Entertainment Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value For Your Dollar, August 6, 2009
I bought this system direct from HP because I was able to use my wife's HP corporate discount which allowed me to get this notebook for $1100.00 USD.
The system runs cooler than I expected and that's a good thing as it shows good ventilation of this unit design. I also noticed that it has a extra open bay for a second hard drive that can be installed. On the other hand I did not like the location of the CMOS battery as it is very easy to remove thus making it very easy to over ride any BIOS password you may enable. That said I wish it came with Vista Ultimate installed by default so you could enable Bitlocker drive encryption for a extra layer of security.

The unit is really designed to be a Desktop replacement, but mobile users should not have any real issues using it as a portable laptop. The mobile Q9000 CPU and 8 cell battery provide good field performance as well as runtime for normal business uses.

Overall however I would have to say that the unit has a nice combination of features and performance to keep most users very happy, no matter if they are getting this notebook for business or entertainment purposes.

The free upgrade to Windows 7 when it is released just might improve the overall performance of the system as well when using windows applications.

If you decide you want to install a second hard drive you will need to purchase the caddy in addition to the SATA hard drive size you wish to install. You can buy the caddy online, the best price I found was $40(USD) dollars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2009 6:38 AM PDT