Profile for Tom McGee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 509

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom McGee "Tom" RSS Feed (Springfield, IL USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Old Factory Candles MAN CAVE set of 3: Straight Razor, Leather, Mahogany
Old Factory Candles MAN CAVE set of 3: Straight Razor, Leather, Mahogany
Offered by Red Rover Naturals
Price: $40.00
2 used & new from $25.36

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife and I are Hooked on Natural Soy Wax Candles! They Smell Wonderful and Have No Negative Impact on our Allergies! Enjoy!, November 16, 2014
I received an invitation to try this product in exchange for my honest review on amazon.com. I am so happy that I agreed!

Here's what my wife had to say about it:

"The Old Factory Candles are wonderful. The shipment that we received came in a sturdy cardboard container holding three candles that are in glass jars with a metal tops. I liked the simple design of the label but let me tell you I love my candles. You see, I have terrible allergies and have issues with any strong fragrance. I have to avoid the perfume and make up counters in the mall stores unless I want to start wheezing and eyes watering. It is difficult for me to find candles that do not bother me. Well, these soy candles have subtle fragrances such as STRAIGHT RAZOR, MAHOGANY and LEATHER. I have been enjoying them all, but my favorite is the Leather. I feel like I am in a fine leather shoe store. The candles are to burn for 20 hours and I will have to let your know in the future. The candles burn clean."

Like my wife, some perfumes and fragrances reek havic on my sinuses, but that was not the case with this product. The fragrances are enjoyable and do not interfer with breathing for either of us.

I have read several reviews from fellow amazon.com reviewers testing different fagrances and have yet to find one who did not enjoy this product.

It is nice to use a quality product that you can be confident that friends and family would also enjoy as stocking stuffer gifts during the Christmas season! As for my family, these tried and tested gems will be used and restocked in a variety of scents all year long.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2014 5:59 PM PST

Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
Price: $119.74
7 used & new from $98.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Update: I love this product! It Works and Looks Better Every Day! Enjoy!, November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I put off using the Vorando Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier for a couple weeks after I received it because this is not the product that I expected and lost confidence when I unpacked it, put it together and tried to move it into my kitchen. Initially I did not like the way it looks; however, It works so well that I have absolutely fallen in love with it.

The dry skin and static electricity shocks that my wife and I normally put up with every winter is a thing of the past.

The negative perspective that I initially had about this product are negated by the fact that it works!

The tanks are easy to fill, the filters are easy to reorder and this is a quality product that I intend to use for years to come.

With constant use my view of the quality of this humidifier has drastically changed. This product is by far the cream of the crop!

The 15 page instructions provide easy to follow pictures and explanations of how to use, clean and maintain this humidifier. It provides operating tips and a troubleshooting guide and explains how the humidifier works and how to prevent mold, mildew and deterioration in the filter.

My initial hesitant has been replace with confidence in the quality of this product, now that I understand the Do's and Don'ts and how to operate and maintain it.

I whole heartedly recommend this humidifier without reservation and plan to use it for years to come! It is absolutely wonderful!

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 4:36 PM PST

Lonnie Gentry
Lonnie Gentry
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Giddyup! This is a Fast, Fun, Vividly Descriptive Meandering Chase that is Tastefully Written for Cowboys & Girls of all Ages!, November 9, 2014
This review is from: Lonnie Gentry (Kindle Edition)
Peter Brandvol's, action packed, fictional wild western novel, Lonnie Gentry was a quick, enjoyable and entertaining read. It was my first exposure to this author, but will not be my last!

Thirteen year old Lonnie Gentry has been doing the work of a man for several years now, since his father, Calvin, died. Life has been tough while looking after his 27 year old mother, Maybelline and their Circle G ranch in late 19th century Colorado; however, the escalating dangers he becomes entangled with put his life in peril and require him to focus on survival.

At the onset, while riding his horse, "General Sherman," Lonnie is mistakenly targeted as part of a gang of bank robbers who on the run killed the Arapaho Creek Marshal, Dwight Stoveville. Bushwhacked by Dempsey and Drake, two of the Marshal's Deputies, Lonnie fought for survival against his unidentified ambushers. After accidentally shooting a pursuer and hightailing it back to the Circle G, Lonnie learns that his mother has accepted a proposal of marriage from her abusive outlaw boyfriend, Shannon Dupree.

Discovering saddle bags filled with loot under Dupree's bed, in the dark of the night, May sends her son on a mission to return the money to the appropriate authorities lighting a fuse for explosive actions and events to come.

Accompanied by, the Marshal's daughter, Casey and Lonnie are just as determined to returning the stolen cash to the proper authorities as Dupree and his two sidekicks, Furgo and Childress, are to get their loot back and kill those responsible for ripping them off.

Along the well-paced way, meandering events continue to provide potentially lethal encounters with many dangerous vermin, varmints and others somewhere in-between.

Tastefully written, this was a fast, fun and easy to read tale with exciting twists and turns, as well as vividly descriptive prose and intriguing characters to be enjoyed by cowboys and girls of all ages.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2014 11:37 AM PST

Eton Blackout Buddy H20 The Always-Ready Water-Activated Emergency Light, 3-pk (ARCBBH2010W_TRP)
Price: $19.70
6 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I Recommend this Convenient, Inexpensive, 72-hour plus Continuous Source of Emergency Lighting Without Reservation!, November 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The BlackoutBuddy H20 is an eco-friendly, water activated and safe alternative to matches or candles in emergency blackout situations.

At 0.8 ounces and 2.6 x 1.3 x 0.6 inches with a shelf life of at least 10 years, this very durable, portable and convenient source of low powered light is powered by magnesium-oxide module. Simply remove the cellophane from the bottom of the device and give it a quick dip it in a cup of water and the 3 small LEDs housed on top with a removable plastic cover will instantly produce light similar in brightness of a cell phone.

The one time use device has no power switch, but produces a continuous source of light for at least 72 hours. Dipping the bottom in water once a day, my BlackoutBuddy H20 is still producing continuous light after 4 days use; however, after the first 10 hours, the brightness on mine noticeably declined yet still produced enough light for me to navigate around furniture and objects without any other source of light in my otherwise dark basement.

Housed in durable plastic, unlike matches, candles or even a standard solar powered flash light this device will continue to operate for days at a time, even after being submerged in water.

Selling at under $10 at amazon.com, I think the shelf life, durability and source of continuous light for at least 3 days makes this an emergency light source that is well worth its price. For those reasons, I recommend this Eton product as does the American Red Cross without reservation.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: Today is November 23, 2014. I am having a hard time believing this, but all three LED lights on this product are still on. Not nearly the brightness as during the first 10 hours; however, the BlackoutBuddy H20 is still producing life after all these days. Folks, this is 18 days later with no water added since day number four and all three LED lights are dim, but producing visible light.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2014 4:03 PM PST

Until the Debt Is Paid (Jan Tommen Investigation)
Until the Debt Is Paid (Jan Tommen Investigation)
by Alexander Hartung
Price: $10.15
38 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This Intriguing Thriller Paints a Gruesome Portrait of a Serial Killer & Master Manipulator While Framing A Seasoned Cop!, November 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Normally, I am not a big fan of reading books that have to be translated from another language, but in this case the description looked so intriguing that I took a chance on Alexander Hartung's book "Until the Debt Is Paid" and am glad I did.

The setting for this murder mystery was in Berlin and had characters with mostly German names; however, I would not have guessed that this book was translated if Steven Anderson had not been identified on the cover as the translator. Steve is an American novelist himself and did a wonderful job translating Hartung's book from German to English.

This 266-page thriller was a quick, easy and entertaining read with detestable villains and gruesome murders, yet an intriguing story line that I thoroughly enjoyed. Red herrings abound! The author's clever writing skills left me thinking I knew who was likely the real serial killer, yet made me rethink my theories numerous times and kept searching for clues and guessing until the end.

In this tale, Jan Tommen is an experienced lead Berlin Detective who is in quite a pickle. Celebrating with his girl friend, Betty Wendsten, he wakes up with her not and later learns that he cannot remember what he had done for the previous 24 hours. During that timeframe, Judge George Holoch was ruthlessly murdered. Herr Tommen finds himself a prime suspect when his fingerprints and DNA are found at the crime scene. Historically there was bad blood between Jan and the Judge and he does not truthfully know whether he murdered Holoch or not.

Although Jan's boss, Klaus Bergman initially buys into the possibility that Tommen was framed, his rival subordinate Detective, Patrick Stein is bent on proving the case and seeing Detective Tommen in prison. As the situation goes from bad to worse, Jan realizes that he must find a way to disappear, yet hunt solve the murder himself. In the process, bodies and convincing evidence mount, putting the Detective in a seemingly hopeless battle to prove he was framed.

As the noose tightens potential suspects are falling like flies. Although Jan has the help of some unlikely allies who think they know who the perpetrator is and want him dead, Herr Tommen is not convinced and plods on to dead end after dead end until the surprising very end.

Although on occasion the author stretched my imagination, this was a great whodunit that I was please with. The satisfying conclusion tied up all loose strings and ended the stress ordeal with some light humorous moments that made me smile.

Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2014 4:34 PM PST

iHome Bluetooth Stereo Executive Music Station, Black (IBN10BC)
iHome Bluetooth Stereo Executive Music Station, Black (IBN10BC)
Price: $90.82
11 used & new from $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the iHome iBN10 NFC Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker System ..., November 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the iHome iBN10 NFC Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker System with Speakerphone and USB Charging. It looks great, sounds great and is easy to set up and use.

This attractive system is black weighs 3 pounds and 2.9 ounces and 4 inches high by 9 inches wide by 4.5 inches deep. It has a two inch diameter circular back lit digital display on the front that can be easily adjusted to bright or dim by simply pressing on the display button on the back side of the device. It displays the time; PM and Daylight Savings Time (DST) Indicators; as well as FM radio stations; Bluetooth/Pairing Mode, Auxiliary, FM Mode, Low Backup Battery Talk Mode (Speakerphone) and End Call Indicators.

On the back of the device there is a built in 4 foot 8 inch FM antenna wire, a DST Switch, an Auxiliary-In Jack, a USB Charging Port and a 12 Volt, 2.5 Ampere DC Jack. The system comes with a 6 foot 100 Volt to 240 Volt universal AC adapters and a 6 foot Audio cable.

There is a circular control section on the top of the device. The outer ring has a mode button at 12 o’clock, a forward/End Call Button at 3 o’clock, a Play/Pause/Preset Button at 6 o’clock and a Reverse/Talk/Answer Call Button at 9 o’clock. The inner knob can be turned to adjust the volume and when pressed is on/off powers switch, but when Press and held it is Blue Tooth Pairing Button.

Just outside of the control section located about 5 o’clock, there is a small hole that contains a built in Speakerphone Microphone and at about 8 o’clock, there is a symbol for the NFC Antenna Area to touch when pairing with another NFC device.

This system device comes with an easy to follow quick start up pamphlet and Instruction Manual, Consumer Product Safety and Troubleshooting Guide as well as a Limited 1 Year Warranty explanation.

I took my time; however, It only took me about an hour to unpack this device, read the instructions, pair the device with my cell phone, preset my choice of FM stations, get this system up and running and testing each mode.

I am very happy with this attractive system, the ease of setup and the quality of reception and sound of this iBN10 Radio and Wireless Stereo Speaker System. I think you will be too!

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 4:39 AM PST

THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE DEAD
THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE DEAD
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Intriguing Murder Mystery Tale by a Gifted Author and Story Teller! Enjoy!, November 1, 2014
This was an entertaining read by a talented author who I look forward to his next endeavor!

Michael Draper writing skills and ability to tell a gripping tale make him an up and coming force in mystery thrillers.

The best and highest paid baseball players are targeted during a baseball strike.

The hits are financed by a wealthy hater of the American way using small minded characters who are iritated with the rich and famous!

I enjoyed this intriguing storyline and look forward to Michael Draper's next murder mystery!

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 5:16 PM PST

Medi-Peds Diabetic Crew Sock Large 2 Pair Pack (Black)
Medi-Peds Diabetic Crew Sock Large 2 Pair Pack (Black)
Offered by I Luv Brands
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Diabetic and These are the Socks that I buy over and over again because they are the best! Enjoy!, November 1, 2014
I am diabetic and I have ordered these socks over and over again! They are everything that I expect. I absolutely love them and recommend them to those of you who are also diabetic! Enjoy!

The Mask of Anonymity: A Story of the American West
The Mask of Anonymity: A Story of the American West
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an Awe Inspiring, Delightful and Satisfying Tale Written for Adults! The Best Western I Have Ever Read!, November 1, 2014
Preston Malone's "The Mask of Anonymity" was one of the most entertaining stories of old western tales that I have ever read. I enjoyed it so much that immediately after reading it, I purchased all of the Amazon.com recommended books for those who enjoyed this tale.

I read the Kindle version. It had three books (episodes) dealing with the adventures of a bigger than life character who used many aliases, but is referred to as Crockett in these stories. The Crockett stories span from 1881 to 1884 where the hero resides in New Orleans.

Following the murder of his brother, John, the mysterious Crockett, the wealthy businessman trades his business acumen responsible for his great success running his Crockett Brothers Shipping Company of New Orleans to run an equally successful clandestine business of selling his brand of justice to those who can afford him or are unable to obtain it otherwise. Based in New Orleans, his business cards appear in newspapers and attract plenty of customers throughout the west.

A deadly shot with his buffalo gun from unthinkable distances coupled with his lightening speed and accuracy with his fists and side arms are second only to his confidence, patience and drive. His trusted mentor and father like friend, Tanaka, a former samurai warrior has taught him unique skills, tactics and a way of life that makes him a formidable foe.

While cowboy tales of old are often written for youngsters, these tales are written for adults. Francoise, for example, is his loyal housekeeper and beautiful friend with benefits who loves Crockett dearly and is a regular in these episodes. Many of the bad guys are believable and realistic psychotic or sociopathic rapists, murderers, swindlers, rustlers and mean back shooting varmint stemming from civil war organized gangs from the lawless west.
Crockett's loyal and reliable sidekick, Jose Mendez is proud of his apache heritage and wears a hat band feather on his tacky hat.

The descriptive writing, exciting action, intriguing tales, mysterious leading character, despicable antagonists all make this well-told western mystery one of my favorite all time reads; however, the conclusion was so clever that I gasped with glee when I realized the final piece of the amazing puzzle was assembled with such sudden well-hidden and unexpected insight!

This was a gem that I am so glad I read. I whole heartedly recommend this to mature readers who love a colorful and intricately designed tapestry that is marvelously fashioned into a surprisingly beautiful finished product!

Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2014 3:30 PM PST

Kobi Electric  K0M4 10-watt (60-Watt) Omni Directional A19 LED 2700K Warm White Light Bulb, Dimmable
Kobi Electric K0M4 10-watt (60-Watt) Omni Directional A19 LED 2700K Warm White Light Bulb, Dimmable
Price: $11.70
5 used & new from $9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars WATT! Do You Think I am a LUMMEN-tic! Why Would Anyone Pay $21 for One Light Bulb? Here's Why I Will! Enjoy!, October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
WATT the heck would make me purchase a $21 light bulb when I can buy one for less than a dollar like I have done so often in the past!

I might not be the BRIGHTEST BULB in the pack, but that does not make me a LUMMEN-tic! LEDs talk about this to CFLs make any sense! K?

I do not want to AMPERE progress; however, there is a RESISTANCE among DIODE consumers to the CURRENT increase in the cost of new LIGHT BULBS and has some ready to reVOLT or at least complain to their representatives in DC about the cost of lighting their OHMS!

All kidding aside, when you consider the cost in long term savings in electric bills, human safety and the lifetime of these efficient LED (Light-emitting diode) bulbs versus the old incandescent ones or CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs),like me, you will be ready to make the investment.

With a lifetime of 23 years based on use for 3 hours per day using less energy, this KOBI multi-directional 10 watt LED light bulb has superior dimming ability, light quality and lasts up to 50 times longer that incandescent bulbs. CFLs have a lifetime that is 80 percent less than this LED and do not reach their best quality of light for about 15 minutes after being illuminated and are made with mercury components that surely are not biologically healthy considering the massive quantities buried in our landfills.

Lumens measure how much light you get from the bulb. The number of lumens listed on the products indicates brightness. Watts, on the other hand represents the amount of energy the bulbs consume.

LEDs are far more efficient than incandescent bulbs. In fact, this 10 watt bulb produces 800 lumens replacing an incandescent bulb that requires 60 watts to reach the equivalent brightness.

The initial sticker shock that I experienced at the cost of this bulb no longer concerns me now that I understand the long term savings and benefits of this product.

I am happy with the performance of this bulb. Over time I intend to replace all of my incandescent and fluorescent bulbs with this cost savings product.

If you are paying the light bill and replacing the light bulbs at home or your place of business, I wholeheartedly recommend that you invest in this superior cost saving LED bulb.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2014 7:54 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20