Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Tom McGee > Reviews

Browse

Tom McGee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 512

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom McGee "Tom" RSS Feed (Springfield, IL USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin MFi Certified 4-Foot Flat Lightning to USB Charge Sync Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S /5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Red)
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Quality Apple Performance Certified Charging Cord at Half the Cost of Replacement Cords That Came With the iPhone 6!, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In the past, I have purchased longer than normal charging cables so my wife can reach the power supply to charge her iPhone at work. Her last phone got so hot that it melted the case into the back of the phone. I really never thought about the charging cable being the cause until recently.

We traded in that iPhone for an iPhone 6 and I bought her long cables for work again and finally the light went on in my sometimes pea sized brain making the connection that the charging cable was making the new iPhone hot too.

So, what is the difference in this 4 foot Belkin Charging Cable compared to the others? You guessed it! Price!

You pay more for cables that are certified to meet Apple performance standards that those that are not—MUCH MORE; however, this Red Belkin MFi Certified 4-Foot Flat Lightning to USB Charge Sync Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S /5c and iPod touch 5th Gen is about half the price of the replacement Apple charging cables.

In my experience, there are no free lunches. You get the quality that you pay for nearly each and every time. There is a good reason why some products are extremely cheap when compared to others.

We are happy with this cord. The red color makes it easy to find. The cord is flexible, thick, flat and durable, but the best attribute is that it charges quickly and the overheating problem is a thing of the past.

I recommend this quality product with confidence and without reservation. It works great for us and I bet it will for you too.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2015 10:47 AM PDT

Revlon Perfect Heat 5 Piece Deluxe Blowout Set
Revlon Perfect Heat 5 Piece Deluxe Blowout Set
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, Functional, Durable and Quality Blow Dryer That is Fast and Easy to Operate. Enjoy!, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This appears to be a durable and quality blow dryer that has many features, looks great and is easy to operate. I use it to dry my hair after showering and it does a great job.

My wife uses it much more than I do. Here is what she has to say.

“I must confess that I have not had to purchase a blow dryer for about 10 years. I was pleasantly surprised when my husband asked me to use the Revlon 5 piece deluxe blowout set with IONIC and Tourmaline technology. This light weigh easy to use dryer has triple ceramic coating that provides heat distribution which penetrates hair quickly and that cuts drying time. The tourmaline ionic technology eliminates static electricity and frizz. There are three heat settings cool, warm and hot. A new feature to me is the cool shot which I find helpful for post shower hot flashes.

The handle has a textured hand grip that helps with wet hands. Also there is a round blowout brush, a concentrator attachment and two sectional clips that aid in styling your hair. I have what I call thyroid hair, it is thin, dry and lackluster. I do find that this dryer has given my hair a little more volume and appears to me to shiner, less frizzy and less dry looking. My styling/blowout time has decreased and that allows me another cup of coffee before leaving for work. This makes me a happy lady.”

We are happy with this blow dryer and would recommend it to family, friends and those of you looking for an easy to use, quality blow dryer that is very functional. Enjoy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2015 10:47 AM PDT

Havahart CD1LB Cat and Dog Granular Animal Repellent, 1 lb.
Havahart CD1LB Cat and Dog Granular Animal Repellent, 1 lb.
Price: $14.32

4.0 out of 5 stars I have No Animal Waste in My Yard Since I Started Using This Product, August 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dogs passed away years ago. While I miss them, picking up their waste is something I am glad I don’t have to do anymore.

Our neighbor down the street has a large cat that hunts its prey in many of our flower beds and leave the remains and its waste in my yard.

While I do not want to harm this animal, I was hoping this product would keep it out of my yard.

I sprinkled it around the borders of my front yard with that in mind. Frankly I am not sure if it works or not because I saw the cat in my back yard a few days ago, but have not seen it in the front and have not noticed any unwanted surprises in either the front or back yard since using it.

I am not sure if the beast has found happier hunting grounds or if this product is doing its job; however, I will give credit to the product and provide updates now and then to let you know if it is keeping the critters away.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2015 7:19 AM PDT

Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain–for Life
Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain–for Life
by David Perlmutter
Price: $16.38
68 used & new from $14.68

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an Enlightening Book that Clarifies the Motivation for and Alternative to Treating Symtoms Rather than Curing Maladies!, July 23, 2015
David Perlmutter’s book Brain Maker was recommended for me to read by a Physician’s Assistant that I wholeheartedly trust and respect. I am so glad that I read this enlightening book and recommend it without reservation to those who are concerned about their health and well-being.

Perlmutter is an award winning board-certified neurologist and a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition who is concerned with curing a variety of maladies as opposed to just treating the symptoms.

This is a very readable book that I found both intriguing and engrossing. Doctor Perlmutter is an open minded physician who explains complex medical studies in terms that the average reader can understand.

Many of us do not know that our stomach houses a plethora of a variety of bacteria that is called the Microbiome. These bacteria have been around long before humans inhabited the earth. In our gut, they are key to our health.

In advanced modern Western society, it turns out that what we put on and in our bodies upset the balance of that bacteria. Antibiotics, some medicines, soaps, shampoos, process foods, pesticides, and genetically altered meat negatively impact that balance.

Perlmutter provides example after example of medical conditions that have been reversed or improved upon through change in diet, use of prebiotics and probiotics.

It turns out that mental and physical maladies versus health are related more than we know to the bacteria balance in our bellies.

David introduces enlightening studies and recommendations while giving hope to those suffering from a variety of conditions that can be cured or improved through eliminating the extermination of helpful bacteria and living a healthy lifestyle.

The author teaches the reader how to make many of the foods that positively impact a helpful balance of healing bacteria that keep our bodies running at optimal efficiency.

I like this book so much that I am not only following the recommendations and losing weight, but also purchased the authors bestselling book, Grain Brain as well as books by other authors dealing with balancing gut bacteria that promote weight loss and a healthy way of life that improves our physical and mental well-being.

I whole heartedly recommend this easy to understand enlightening book that may extend your life as well as the quality of your existence.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2015 3:59 AM PDT

Belkin Pocket Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Blue)
Belkin Pocket Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (Blue)
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Quality, Affordable Product that more than Meets my Needs. Enjoy!, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do not have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, this product fits my 13 inch Windows Samsung computer perfectly.

it is an attractive light weight durable sleeve that fits snuggly with my Notebook.

While I do not rule out a surface computer in the future, this product meets my needs at a bargain price.

I am more than happy with the quality and protection this product provides.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2015 4:52 PM PDT

[Upgraded] Ohuhu® 150 Ft Super Strong Garden Hose / Expandable Hose, 150 Feet Expandable Garden Hose with All Brass Ends and Connector, Black
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Light Weight Hose that Expands to 150 feet, but Retracts to a small footprint When the Water Shuts off. Enjoy!, July 19, 2015
This is a quality light weight 150 foot hose with professional connections, is top notch and just what we needed for our deck planters and back yard.

As water passes through this hose it expands and likewise when the water is turned off it retracts to a convenient sized light weight hose that is easy to handle and roll in a small footprint.

The coupling is first rate quality and the light weight hose is amazingly easy to use.

This is a quality product that is well worth the price.

While this is a product that I received in exchange for my honest review, I intend to buy another for my front yard.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2015 3:51 PM PDT

Ohuhu® Garden Kneeler and Seat with Bonus Tool Pouch, 22.83" Long X 11.02" Wide X 19.29" Hight (Unfolded Size)
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Durable and Quality Product That Exceeded My Expectations at This Price and itt Conveniently Folds for Easu Stprage/ Enjoy!, July 19, 2015
Folks, this extremely well made Garden Kneeler and Seat can support a person weight up to 330 pounds with a kneeling and sitting area that is 21 inches wide. The heavy duty kneeler and seat pad is a comfortable 1 inch thick and 16 inches wide.

Unfolded the seat is 17 inches high. When inverted, the kneeler sits 4.75 inches off the ground with handles on both sides that extend 19.29 inches from the ground.

This product is conveniently stored, folding to dimensions: 22.83” Long x 11.02 inches wide x 5.5 inches high.

My wife loves to garden, but had a total knee replacement in May. Although she cannot kneel yet, she was able to sit on this product and garden for the first time in years.

This light weight product has a heavy duty Velcro attached pouch that holds up to 3 garden tools.

I was surprised by this durable, heavy duty light weight product and am more than happy to recommend it for those of us who need a bit of assistance kneeling and sitting while gardening.

I received this product in exchange for my honest review.

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2015 1:04 PM PDT

Ohuhu® 6-slot Leather Watch Box with Metal Lock
Ohuhu® 6-slot Leather Watch Box with Metal Lock
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $12.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Have A Lot of Jewelry or Watches? This Handsome Leather Windowed Box is Only Limited by Your Imagination! Enjoy., July 18, 2015
I don’t really have a need for a jewelry or watch box of this size, but that is not what I use this attractive, sturdy, leather box for.

The older I get, the longer it takes me each morning to find my glasses, wallet, change, watch, keys, cellphone, tie bar and collar stays. I took out 5 of the 6 pads from their corresponding slots. I use the pad to store my watch. All the small stuff fits in the empty slots. My wallet, cell phone and glasses fit snugly when laid flat on the top. Close the lid and magically I have a container that holds all the things in one spot that I need with a see through window.

As long as I remember to put everything in the box, retrieving the items I need before leaving the house is easy now.

I am sure that this product will meet the needs of those who have the items it was intended to house; however, I am perfectly happy with my improvisation.

I received this product for test and review purposes

I recommend this useful and quality watch/jewelry box for those who need a functional place to store items.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2015 5:38 PM PDT

Ohuhu® 20 Pair Shoe Rack/ Shoe Organizer, 35"(L) X 10"(W) X 19.3"(H), White
Ohuhu® 20 Pair Shoe Rack/ Shoe Organizer, 35"(L) X 10"(W) X 19.3"(H), White
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Assemble, Light weight, Functional Shoe Organizer that is Sturdy Enough to Hold 12 of my Size 12 Wide Shoes. Enjoy!, July 18, 2015
I chose not to repeat dimensions and information already listed on the product page.

This is a light weight, easy to assemble shoe rack works well for me. Assembled, it is the perfect size for our closet near the entrance from the garage.

I can store up to 12 pairs of my size 12 wide shoes on this rack.

Although it is not the sturdiest shoe rack that I have owned, it works fine for me.

No tools are required to put it together; however, I have a rubber mallet that I used to tap the 8 rods into place.

I received this product for test and review purposes

I am not sure what the current price is on amazon.com, but I would imagine that it is inexpensive compared analogous yet heavy duty products.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2015 1:58 PM PDT

Ortho 0475010 MAX Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Ready-To-Use, 24-Ounce
Ortho 0475010 MAX Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Ready-To-Use, 24-Ounce
Price: $6.49
8 used & new from $6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A Powerful Pesticide That Really Works; However, Your Safety Depends on Taking Care to Follow the Instructions. Use Carefully!, July 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ortho Poison Ivy and Tough Brush Killer worked great for me in and around my flower beds. A couple hours after thoroughly spraying it on poison ivy, weeds, grass and other uninvited floras in my flower beds I could see that this spray was going to work well. I then waited for a couple of weeks before removing and disposing the dead vegetation. The directions say to use rubber gloves and dispose them and the dead plants in tightly sealed garbage bags and not to refill the container.

Folks, the active ingredients in this pesticide work well; however, it is poison that is harmful to people and animals as well as the plants you intend to exterminate, so do not use it on or near plants that you intend to eat.

The directions recommend using it on a calm non-windy day where rain is not expected for at least 24 hours. Also, the safety instructions explain that the liquid is not safe to touch for at least a couple of hours after spraying.

I do not recommend this product for use in killing weeds on your lawn. Although it has an adjustable spray head, I learned the hard way that it kills the grass around the weeds too.

This is a powerful pesticide that really works well to get rid of poison oak, poison ivy, Kudzu, woody plants, vines and brambles; however, I would only recommend it to those who read and follow the directions closely.

Be safe.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2015 6:08 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20