Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Tom McGee > Reviews

Browse

Tom McGee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 569

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom McGee "Tom" RSS Feed (Springfield, IL USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Country Living Havenbrook Nightstand, Hazelnut
Country Living Havenbrook Nightstand, Hazelnut
Price: $344.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Attractive, Useful, Durable & Slightly Expensive, Yet Quality Nightstand That My Wife & I love! I bet you will too! Enjoy!, June 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Hazelnut Country Living Havenbrook Nightstand is an attractive, useful, durable nightstand that I use by my bed.

It arrived carefully packed with the legs packed in the drawer ready and easy to assemble with no tools other than that provided for installation. It took me about 10 minutes to unpack it, followed the instructions to install the legs and place it next to my bed ready for a table lamp.

At 50.2 pounds and standing 26 inches tall by 16 inches deep and 22 inches wide it is perfect for my use.

It has a well-constructed drawer with a 15 wide by 4 high by 12 inches deep capacity.

It also has an opening under the drawer 20 wide by 9 high by 15.5 inches deep that my C-PAP machine fit in nicely.

While I cannot imagine that anyone would put something so heavy in the drawer that it might tip the nightstand when the drawer, a safety device is provided for attaching the nightstand to the wall if desired.

Folks, this is a quality night stand that is well constructed and I am glad I own it; however, I would never spend this much on a nightstand unless I had money to burn and if it was needed to complete a perfect match to my existing bedroom furniture or if my wife would have asked for this for our 36th wedding anniversary.

Is it worth the price? I think most people would pay that much for a product of this quality.

I would deduct a half star because of the price, but in fairness, that 4.5 star rating would be because of my price preferences and not the product's value. Accordingly I think the product deserves a 5-star rating.

I am extremely happy with the quality of this nightstand, its dimension, how attractively it looks next to my bed and most importantly the utility it provides.

I love it and bet you will too!

Enjoy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2016 10:21 AM PDT

Boar Island: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries)
Boar Island: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries)
by Nevada Barr
Price: $18.38
66 used & new from $7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-Written, Intriguing Suspense Filled Mystery Pitting Strong Heroine Protagonists Against Vile & Abusive Sociopaths! Enjoy!,, June 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Boar Island was my second exposure to Nevada Barr and her Anna Pigeon series.

Although more than over 2 years since have passed since I read Destroyer Angel, the former book I read in this series, I vividly remember that haunting tale and its memorable characters.

Boar Island, like the first is a gripping, haunting and believable tale filled with suspense, descriptive writing and flawed characters.

Like the first one, the appalling behavior of vile and abusive sociopaths add to the credibility of merging story lines; however, I was emotionally uncomfortable with these shocking antagonists that evoke and shape this suspense filled mystery.

Set in contemporary times in Colorado and Maine, Elizabeth “E” Jarrod, Heath’s 16 year old adopted daughter contemplates suicide after relentless, egregious, pejorative and fabricated sexual explicit clandestine cyberattacks by a ruthless predator alienate, embarrass and leave her seriously depressed.

In Boulder, Colorado, Elizabeth’s best friend Tiff, daughter of their neighbors, Sam and Terry Edleson is not allowed to associate with “E”.

Elizabeth’s Godmother, protagonist Anna Pigeon a Park Ranger and 70 year old Medical Doctor Gwendolyn “Aunt Gwen” Littleton come to the rescue helping Heath to find a safe place for “E” to recover—Boar Island in Maine, owned by Gwen’s longtime friend Chris Zuckerber. The relentless cyberbully is not deterred by the change of scenery and is determined to escalate the attacks now in Maine.

On another front, Denise Castle, a mentally obsessed and imploding Park Ranger, married to Peter Barnes for 11 years secretly stalks her ex-husband, his wife of 14 months, Lily Barnes and their 3 month old daughter Olivia and monitors them with hidden cameras in their home.

Meanwhile, on yet another front, Paulette Duffy, a part time nursing assistant fears for her life at the hands of her abusive husband, Duffy who routinely beats her and threatens to kill her if she ever leaves him.

This was a skillfully written tale told masterfully from the perspective of different and opposing characters.

Suspense builds as new character, John Whitman’s grandson, Walter emerges from his hiding place in Northern Maine, while trying to solve the mystery and determine who the real culprits are that caused Walter’s father, a Lobsterman, to be killed by fellow lobsterman, Old Billy Corner for poaching.

The subject matter for a story like this is not for everyone; however, I recommend this novel to those who enjoy vivid, well-written and haunting, suspenseful thrillers that feature strong female heroine characters pitted against vile and abusive predators.

My best guess is that like me, you will remember this haunting tale for a longtime.

Enjoy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2016 10:24 AM PDT

KitchenAid KKFSS8CHST Classic Forged Series Brushed Chef Knife, Stainless Steel, 8"
Offered by Fairy Bless
Price: $45.98
5 used & new from $22.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Knife that is Durable and Perfect for a Gift for the one your love., June 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow! This is a quality knife that I am so happy with.

It is lightweight, sharp and comfortable in my hand. Tonight I cooked pork on the grill and cut it in small slices with this knife and ate it with baked beans. The cuts were lean and uniform and perfect for the menu.

I love this knife and plan to buy a complete set of these gems.

I wholeheartedly recommend this product to those who are interested in chopping, cutting and preparing thin uniform slices for a beautifully delicious meal for your loved ones.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2016 7:44 PM PDT

Jobsite Table Saw with Fold and Roll Stand, 10"
Jobsite Table Saw with Fold and Roll Stand, 10"
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $428.04
4 used & new from $394.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Value for this Quality, Easy to Use and Store Table Saw! Enjoy, but be Safe! Please Read and Follow the Instructions., May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first table saw that I have ever assembled or used.

As a beginner, I am grateful for the thorough guidelines, list and picture of parts, labeled diagram of the assembled saw, glossary of terms, step-by-step assembly and adjustments instructions with pictures and safety warnings, maintenance instructions, trouble shooting guide, a Porter-Cable Web Site to order the 3FW9 Dado Insert Plate and other available accessories, a parts list and schematic and 3 year limited warranty.

I have a healthy respect for the serious injuries that might occur if this product is not assembled properly or if used carelessly. Accordingly, I took my time reading the instructions and carefully assembled this table saw before I used it for the first time.

This saw is used for two basic types of cuts. Ripping is cutting along the length and grain of the wood and requires the use of the rip fence. Crosscutting is cutting across the width or the grain of the workpiece and requires the use of the miter gauge.

I will use it from time to time in my garage for cutting wood to build things as a hobby. My goal is to replace the boards on my backyard deck, build a picnic table and book shelve. So far I have just been testing the saw and practicing the basic cuts.

Some of my features are the convenient and easy to use elevation handwheel to raise and lower the blade and the Blade tilting handwheel for bevel cuts. Although the product does not come with a vacuum hose or bag, it does have a dust port to prevent sawdust buildup inside the saw housing. I also like the fact that the saw has convenient storage spots on the right and left side of the table saw items like the anti-kickback pawls assembly, riving knife, extra blade and blade wrench on the right and the blade guard assembly, push stick, rip fence and miter gauge on the left.

My favorite advantage about this table saw is how portable easy it is to store. It has a thumb latch and a foot peddle that enable the user to quickly close the stand to a position much like a hand dolly to easily move the saw and store it in a much smaller footprint.

I like the many safety features and the fact that it is not as loud as my miter or hand saw; however, hearing protection and safety goggles are recommended while using this product.

I am not sure if this is the quality of table saw that professions like carpenters or cabinet makers would use to make a living; however, for home use, my best guess that there are not many table saws available at this price with equal features, quality, and ease of use, design and value as this PCB222TS.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this saw to friends and family who would use it safely.

I love it and bet you will too.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2016 10:54 AM PDT

Will Tanner: U.S. Deputy Marshal (A Will Tanner Western)
Will Tanner: U.S. Deputy Marshal (A Will Tanner Western)
by William W. Johnstone
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.98
55 used & new from $3.94

4.0 out of 5 stars "If You Climb Into the Saddle, be Ready to Ride!" Enjoy!, May 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Growing up, cowboy shows were a common genre on television that I really enjoyed, but in this era they are scarce. Nostalgia undoubtedly elicits my desire to revisit that entertainment.
Accordingly, I am always on the lookout for an appealing “Old Western” tale so satisfy my itch.
I was hoping that William W. Johnston with J. A. Johnstone’s, Will Tanner, U. S. Deputy Marshal would satisfy that craving.
It was a classic quick and easy 305-page tale of the Old West and frontier justice set in the latter half of the 19th century featuring young Will
Tanner, raised by Jim and Jean Hightower and now foreman of their J-Bar-J ranch in northeast Texas.

Circumstances led him to leave the ranch, travel to Arkansas and end up in Oklahoma Indian Territory finding himself in an unexpected situation at the Morning Glory Saloon that would alter his life path.

Legendary U. S. Deputy Marshal Fletcher Pride sparks Will’s interest in trying his hand working for the U. S. Marshal Service.
Pride’s boss, U. S. Marshal Daniel Stone pairs Tanner with Pride for training and a mission find ruthless outlaws Max and Billy Tarbow and gang, end their string of robbery and murder, arrest them and bring them before Judge Parker for trial and sentencing.

In the meanwhile, Pride helps Will find a place to call home during his probationary training period. He introduces him to Ruth Bennett, the proprietor of the local hotel and restaurant and her beautiful daughter, Sophie who takes mutual interest in young Marshal Tanner in spite of her growing attachment to suitor Garth Pearson.

Action builds, danger mounts, bullets fly and bodies mount during Will’s on-the-job training and perilous encounters with devious outlaws.

The author obviously intends to create a series about the life and times of U. S. Marshal Will Tanner and I am interested in reading more in this series.

At the conclusion of this tale, the author’s introduce the reader to another Western, providing the first two chapters of Rimfire, their Jensen Boys series.

I quickly became interested in the development of the Will Tanner character and his developing relationship with Sophie Bennett and look forward to the next book in this series.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2016 9:22 AM PDT

Dremel VC60-01 Velocity 7.0 Amp Hyper-Oscillating Ultimate Remodeling Tool Kit
Dremel VC60-01 Velocity 7.0 Amp Hyper-Oscillating Ultimate Remodeling Tool Kit
Price: $179.00
6 used & new from $179.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Bargain on This Site for This Durable & Useful Tool. Please Read & Follow the User Manual for Safety & Proper Use., April 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A several years ago an impressive young man installed hardwood floors in my living room and tile floors in my kitchen and dinette. He was meticulous and often used a tool that I have never seen before called a Dremel.

Since that time I have wanted one. At 7.0 Amps, this tool kit is even more powerful than my new friend’s Dremel.

Before I go any further, I would like to give a shout out for the thorough easy to follow 19-page Operating/Safety instructions and recommend that your read them several times and heed the advice there.

Those instructions answered all of my questions concerning safety, warnings, use, functional description and specifications. These instructions describe how to safely assemble the blades and operate this tool in detail. They describe each cutting and sanding accessory in detail including the dial speed setting that is appropriate for each. It provides the correct and incorrect angle for cutting wood, cement board and drywall as well as grout removal, scraping, grinding and sanding. Useful maintenance information including the use of the proper extension cord, as well as warranty information are provided.

I recommend safety goggles and hearing protection while using this product.

That said, this is not a toy. It is a unique tool designed for specific jobs and could cause significant injury if it is not used safely and as intended. It is not a circular saw, a jig saw, a miter saw or a table saw. It is not meant to be used with one hand, in unsteady or awkward positions or while arms are extended over your head.

Two hand are required for this bulky and relatively heavy tool.

The accessary blades that come with this Dremel are labeled and provide the proper use they are designed for. The manual provides a table that describes the appropriate accessory and speed setting recommendation for the type of material you are cutting or sanding.

Whether you are a novice or a professional who intends to use this tool, I recommend that you use the appropriate tool for the job at hand and take the advice and precautions and warnings to heart to safely get the job done without getting shocked or cut.

This product does not require any special tools to quickly install the accessories and has a retractable footing to that helps support straight line cutting.

I find this product particularly handy and useful in cutting for quick or smaller jobs where mobility is handy. It is also efficient while sanding around windows, in corners and areas where a hand sander is too big for of a tool for the task at hand.

The storage bag is just the correct size for grab and go portability for the tool and accessories.

Finally, I think if you shop around, you will find that buying this product amazon.com is the best deal.

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2016 1:07 PM PDT

Redemption Road: A Novel
Redemption Road: A Novel
by John Hart
Price: $19.01
73 used & new from $12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars John Hart's Best Work Todate! A Spellbinding, Haunting and Fast-Paced 417-page Murder Mystery! Enjoy!, April 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
John Hart’s murder mystery, Redemption Road was a gripping fast paced 417-page novel that held my interest from beginning to end.

The author superbly developed merging storylines and memorable flawed characters drive this spellbinding novel while keeping the reader engaged and guessing who the serial killer and other perpetrators are and what motivates their deviant and sometimes diabolical behaviors.

This yarn begins with an unknown deranged kidnapper who terrorizes, ceremoniously murders and displays the bodies of his victims.
Former veteran North Carolina Police Detective Adrian Wall was convicted of one of those murders. Released after 13 years in prison with communications from neither his wife nor friends and surviving beatings and torture from the prison warden and guards who continue to pursue him after his release, he returns home and finds that he no longer owns the now abandoned burned out home and property that has belonged to his family line for centuries and he has no idea where his ex-wife is.

Quickly becoming a suspect as the serial killing resumes, only one cop believes in him. Detective Elizabeth “Liz” Black, the flawed daughter of a local preacher has believed in and platonically connected to Adrian since he saved her from committing suicide following her rape before she became a cop.

Liz has a connection to damaged children and is drawn to, Gideon Strange, now a teenager whose father has been has been a neglectful parent and hopeless drunk since the murder of his mother, Julia and the conviction of Adrian for that crime.

Liz is on suspension and facing possible charges for torture and double homicide of two drug dealers while rescuing 18 year old Channing Shore from the two evil rapists.

Liz and Channing share a secret and a special bond that each is willing to die to protect.

This is an engrossing tale that takes the reader on a roller coaster ride, twisting, turning and squirming in the terrifying nightmare that the protagonist endure and the hands of soulless antagonists from a variety of sources.

This is not the first John Hart novel that I have read, but it is clearly his best work to date and one of the most haunting murder mysteries that I have ever read.

I recommend this wholeheartedly and without reservation to mature readers who are drawn to this genre.

Enjoy!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2016 1:43 PM PDT

Ohuhu Real Hand-free-washing Microfiber Floor Mop
Ohuhu Real Hand-free-washing Microfiber Floor Mop
Offered by Ohuhu Direct
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Product & the Mopping System when Compared to a Conventional Mop is Quicker, Cleaner and Much Less Expensive! Enjoy!, April 7, 2016
I have considerable experience using microfiber mops over the years, using them while operating a commercial cleaning business that I closed in 2009. The first ones had cleaning solution in the handle that the user could squirt on the floor and detachable microfiber flat mop on the bottom.

The idea was to be able to quickly mop hard floors and when the mop got dirty to replace it with a clean mop. It required many replaceable mops, but got the job done quickly.

Later models gave up on the squirt models and came with a bucket that held 6 or 8 mop heads. These were real time savers, but the part I really hated was wringing out those mops used in commercial building and washing them in my washing machine.

Since closing the business, I use these mops on my tile floors at home and am happy with the job they do; however, I still hate wringing out dirty mops.

When Ohuhu offered me the opportunity to test their microfiber mop in exchange for an honest review I was happy to do so, because they have an option that I had not experienced before with other microfiber mops.

Their product does everything that my other microfiber mops do, but this one has a gadget that wrings the mop out without having to touch it with your hands. You still have to peel the microfiber mop head off to wash it; however, the head has a lock that prevents it from swiveling while cleaning. Accordingly, I can rinse the mop head under the sink with clean hot water, wring it out and continue using it.

This mop is perfect for home use and storage or for transporting to a commercial building work site.. The Ohuhu mop head is only 13 inches as compared to the 24 inch ones I used for my business; however, the lock and wringing device more than makes up for the larger mop head.

The Ohuhu mop has a 4 foot wand as compare to the 5 foot wand on the professional ones I used in commercial cleaning. I am 6 foot tall and do not find a significant difference in the length of the wand, and I am happy that the Ohuhu mop is much less expensive than the ones I bought for my business.

I recommend this mop for either home or commercial use. If you have not used one of these mops before, treat yourself. You deserve it and will be happy with the quick and easy cleaning, cleanup and storage that it provides.

This system paid for itself in saved man hours and wear and tear that I experience with the traditional mop and bucket method and did a better job.

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2016 4:44 PM PDT

Ohuhu Matte Aluminum License Plate Frame with Screw Caps (2 Pieces)
Ohuhu Matte Aluminum License Plate Frame with Screw Caps (2 Pieces)
Offered by Ohuhu Direct
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Durable Plate Covers that are Easy to Install, Advertisement Free & Don't Interfere with Your Registration Sticker, April 5, 2016
The older I get, the more little things tick me off—for example, you pay an arm and a leg for a new car and the dealer gives you cheap plastic license plate covers with their advertisement on it.

Just thinking about it gets my dander up. You have to barter, argue, threaten to walk away and spend an incredible amount of time at the dealership in a stressful situation and when you finally come to an agreement the dealer profits and you leave with a car payment and cheap plastic plate covers made to advertise the dealership for the life of the license plate frames or I until you get rid of that automobile.

Well folks, I may be living on the edge, but I like the idea of having a set of license plate frames that are attractive plain black, made of medal, do not have advertising and allows space to see my registration plate renewal sticker.

I timed myself and it only took me 9 minutes at a leisurely pace to remove the plates from the front and back of my Gray Nissan and replace them with the sleek new license plate frames.

The plates come with a plastic snapping device that you place around the screw before screwing the plate and cover into the car’s plate attachment. Once the screws are tightened down a small cap the same color as the plate can be snapped over the screw.

Ohuhu must have been reading my mind when they offered me these license plate frames and black screw caps in exchange for my honest review.

I am now the proud owner of nice looking advertisement free durable license plate covers that blend perfectly with the color of my car.

I love them and think you will too. Enjoy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2016 9:41 AM PDT

Ohuhu 50 Feet Expandable Garden Hose, 2016 Newest Version, High Performace
Ohuhu 50 Feet Expandable Garden Hose, 2016 Newest Version, High Performace

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product at a Reasonaboe Price! Enjoy!, April 4, 2016
I have had a lot of experience with these types of hoses. The last two that I bought broke in short order. Not the case with this one. It expands and retracts when the water is turned on and off respectfully. The spray apparatus is first class.

This bright orange hose is ideal for my needs. I am happy with it and thankful that I had the opportunity to review this product in exchange for my honest review.

If you desire a quality retractable hose at an affordable price--THIS IS IT!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20