Profile for kellkell024 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kellkell024 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell Cover Case for Apple new iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S, Retail Packaging with Screen Protector (Clear)
Offered by Kay's Technology
Price: $4.95
3 used & new from $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars not a bad case but hard to get on and off, December 31, 2012
I bought this case in order to be able to put thin paper inserts into the back of the case to give my phone some interchangeable designs to fit different moods/holidays/etc. While the case does work for that purpose, and is truly a clear case, I have found it difficult to get on and off my phone. Initially I thought this was due to the addition of the paper inserts, but even without the inserts it's still a very tight fit. This case would be great for someone looking for a clear, hard case, who doesn't want to remove the case from the phone frequently.

Yellow Dog Design Standard Collar, Small, Reindeer Print
Yellow Dog Design Standard Collar, Small, Reindeer Print
Price: $13.46
2 used & new from $13.46

4.0 out of 5 stars a little too big, December 31, 2012
This is a nice basic collar for my small dog. I ordered a size small for my 12lb dog, which is the same size I typically purchase in other collars. This collar was a bit too big and I needed to tighten it as much as possible so that it fit my dog. While this in itself is not a big deal, it's much harder to see the design now.

Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack
Price: $8.49
24 used & new from $1.35

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, but don't fit together with older version, December 31, 2012
As someone with a very small kitchen who tends to bake large quantities at once, I love the concept of stackable cooling racks. These racks have held up well to multiple uses so far and they fit well together. However, I also have another set of these Wilton racks from about 2 years ago and the new racks and old racks do not fit together well. It seems that the new racks have less space between layers (i.e. stands aren't as high) and the new racks are also slightly longer than the old ones. The old and new sets will still work together when the old set is stacked on top of the new set, but it's less convenient than if they were still the same size.

Kaplan New GMAT Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests (Kaplan Gmat Premier Live)
by Kaplan
133 used & new from $1.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book to cover the basics, July 30, 2012
I bought this book primarily to get a good review for the quant. section. I had previously used the 2011 version of this book (before the GMAT format change), so expected much of the same material between the versions. While many of the practice questions are the same/similar, I have found that the presentation of the review material seems to be much better in this version of the book than in the previous version.

The only thing I've been very disappointed about with this book is the iPad version (access is included with the book). The iPad version includes the full text of the book and is marketed as an alternative to carrying the heavy book with you. However, the formatting on the iPad could use some work - many questions require you to scroll over on the page to read the entire question, which is especially distracting on reading comprehension problems, and there is not an option to select a bubble for an answer choice or even to jump right to the correct answer, so it makes answering practice questions difficult. For this reason, I haven't found the app to be a good replacement for carrying the book.

While this book alone won't get you to an 800 score, it's a good start to get a basic review of the GMAT topics before diving into more complicated practice problems.

Envirocare Electrolux Upright Micro
Envirocare Electrolux Upright Micro
Offered by MoreQualityLessMoney
Price: $7.08
9 used & new from $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars good bags for price, July 5, 2012
These bags feel a bit thinner than the Electrolux brand bags, but I've never had any issues with them rupturing open. The only complaint I have is that the top of the bag has an awkward fit in my vacuum, so it requires a little bit of work to get it to sit right and the top of my vacuum to close, but the extra effort is worth it for the cheaper price of these bags. I'd definitely order these again when I need more bags.

Ateco 475 10-Ounce Meringue Powder
Ateco 475 10-Ounce Meringue Powder
Price: $12.12
3 used & new from $12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Will never use another brand again, July 5, 2012
When I started making royal icing, I used the meringue powder sold at craft stores but always had issues with it clumping. Then I tried the Williams Sonoma brand and fell in love with it. But when that was discontinued, I knew I couldn't go back to the other brand and had heard of Ateco so thought I'd give it a try. Never again will I use another brand, even if Williams Sonoma starts making it again. This meringue powder never clumps, gives me great royal icing, and doesn't have any sort of unpleasant aftertaste that I've noticed. Perfect product.

HIC Brands that Cook Essentials Stainless Steel Wide Rim Mesh Strainer, 5-Inch
HIC Brands that Cook Essentials Stainless Steel Wide Rim Mesh Strainer, 5-Inch
Offered by BIC Warehouse
Price: $10.47
4 used & new from $7.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Serves purpose well, July 2, 2012
I purchased the 5" version of this strainer to use to strain liquid from yogurt (for frozen yogurt making). I was a bit disappointed in the depth of the strainer, but admit that I should have read the description more carefully before ordering. To get an idea of the size, I was able to line it with cheesecloth and then fit approximately 16oz of yogurt into it to strain. After using it, I ran it through the top rack of the dishwasher on the highest setting with no issues. Overall this is a good product that serves its purpose and appears as if it will stand up to repeated use.

ASICS Women's GEL-Nimbus 14 Running Shoe
ASICS Women's GEL-Nimbus 14 Running Shoe
Price: $59.99 - $239.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shoe for me, July 2, 2012
I was fitted for new running shoes in a local store, but decided to look online for better pricing and color selection. The store recommended 2 different shoes to me, each a different brand. I went with this pair over the other solely due to the color options available, and ended up purchasing them in pink.

The first day I wore these shoes, I ran 3 miles, followed by another 3 the next day, and 9 miles two days later. Not only was I impressed by the comfort of this shoe on my foot, but there was very little time required to break them in and they did not cause any issues with my feet. If you like the fit / feel of Asics, I would definitely recommend these shoes to you.

ZAGGmate Aluminum iPad 1 (Case with Integrated Bluetooth Keyboard)
ZAGGmate Aluminum iPad 1 (Case with Integrated Bluetooth Keyboard)
4 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall great product with a few minor issues, July 2, 2012
When I received this product, I was amazed at the ease of synching it with my iPad and getting started. The process (including reading the instructions) took about 2 minutes. A key part for me was that the product came already charged, so I didn't need to waste time waiting for it to finish charging before using it.

There are, however, two issues I've noted with this product. The first is with the keyboard function. When using it this way, there is a "lip" on the product at the bottom of the keyboard. Even though I have relatively small hands/wrists, this digs into me and prevents me from typing as quickly/naturally as I would with a regular keyboard.

The other problem I've had is in separating the iPad from the keyboard when it's being used as a case. I may be missing the trick to it, but it requires a bit of work to get apart, mostly using my nails to pry them apart.

Still Alice
Still Alice
by Lisa Genova
Price: $9.52
645 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Realisitc portrayal, September 20, 2011
This review is from: Still Alice (Paperback)
When I first saw this book was about Alzheimer's Disease I expected it to have a hopeful happy ending. But I loved that it didn't. Too many books lately seem to end on a happy note, even when they realistically wouldn't, and it was refreshing to read a novel that showed Alzheimer's as it actually is.

Having recently lost a family member to this disease, it was interesting to read from Alice's perspective... to see how her life was gradually unraveling and there were days when she knew it was happening and others when she had no idea. Just reading this book and reading through the memory lapses had me frustrated, so I can't imagine what it would be like to live with Alzheimer's.

Overall I think this book did a great job at giving a voice to an increasingly common disease. So many of us who watch loved ones struggle with this never understand how they're feeling since they're unable to tell us. This book shares the struggle and frustration with us and gives us all a glimpse into the mind of someone living with Alzheimer's.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3