Profile for Pamela V > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 765

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pamela V ""MS V"" RSS Feed (Mississippi Gulf Coast)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Through the Flames: Overcoming Disaster Through Compassion, Patience, and Determination
by Allan Lokos
Price: $18.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in Parts, Dull in Parts, December 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Through the Flames is a true story of how Allan Lokos, a teacher of Buddhist principals, and founder of the Community Meditation Center in New York, survived a plane crash that left him burned and severely injured. I adhere to many Buddhist beliefs and so the spiritual part wasn't that new to me. I was more interested in reading about the crash, the aftermath, the healing, etc. I paid more attention during the passages about the healing and when he describes what other people have been through, like shootings and disease that left them paralyzed.

The book is probably 3/4 Buddhist teachings and 1/4 trauma and healing. Again, I believe in the Buddhist teachings, too, but as a nurse, was more interested in hearing about the recovery process the author went through, than his spiritual balance.

It was this lack of interest on my part that led to me picking up the book, reading a few pages and setting it down for days at a time. It didn't keep my interest continuously.

A better book to read that addresses the challenges of a person healing from burns sustained in a plane crash is Heaven is Here, by Stephanie Nielson.

I enjoyed that book much more. It was about a Mormon woman and her healing process.

Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection
Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection
DVD ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Price: $39.99
26 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boxed Set!, December 27, 2014
My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan and she loved this boxed set! I would definitely buy this set again!

Royal Opulance Satin Queen Sheet Set, Burgundy
Royal Opulance Satin Queen Sheet Set, Burgundy
Price: $27.90
2 used & new from $27.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a Great gift!, December 27, 2014
Nice sheets. The burgundy is a beautiful color. I bought these as a gift and would definitely buy them again.

Betsey Johnson Women's Leggings, Charcoal, Small/Medium
Betsey Johnson Women's Leggings, Charcoal, Small/Medium
Price: $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter Loves Them!, December 27, 2014
I bought my daughter a pair of these leggings for Christmas and she loves them! I bought the charcoal color. These fit great and really slims your figure - looks great with a long shirt. I would definitely buy these again!

Uncharted Ultra-Lite Packing Cube 2 Piece Set, Grey, One Size
Uncharted Ultra-Lite Packing Cube 2 Piece Set, Grey, One Size
Price: $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for traveling nurses or other business travelers., December 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first saw this product, I was profoundly disappointed in the quality. Then I proceeded to pack the larger unit, and was surprised to see that it held 4 pair of ladies jeans, with room to spare! It's made of extremely lightweight parachute style material and has a canvass handle to carry with.

As I recently did a lot of traveling, going from car to hotel became a real chore lugging things in that I knew I would only need for a nights rest, before I hit the road again early the next morning. So I actually didn't even use my large suitcase, but instead, tried to prepare smaller bags with things I would need for the night, like pajamas, robe, toiletries, phone charger, change of clothes for the next day, etc. Again, this was for traveling on the road, driving hundreds of miles a day and crawling into a hotel at night just to sleep. I always tried to find hotels that would allow me to park my car near the door of my room, so I wouldn't have to drag my bag far, through a lobby and up an elevator, etc.

Anyway, this set would work perfectly for those trips. They aren't fancy by any means. They are practical. One bag for a few clothing items and a smaller bag for toiletries. I like the concept.

Great for traveling nurses, like me! It's really whats needed in some situations.

Lindt LINDOR Dark Chocolate Truffles, 60 Count Box
Lindt LINDOR Dark Chocolate Truffles, 60 Count Box
Offered by sd vending
Price: $13.99
18 used & new from $7.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliicious!, December 18, 2014
These Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffles are absolutely delicious and delectable. Smooth chocolate surrounds a chocolate center that melts in your mouth. Wrapped in a festive blue and sliver wrap, these are favorites for the holidays!

Fuller Brush Electrostatic Carpet Sweeper
Fuller Brush Electrostatic Carpet Sweeper
Price: $37.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for Carpets & Rugs., December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Fuller Brush Electrostatic Carpet Sweeper is handy to have around for light jobs or in between vacume days. It takes a few minutes to put together, literally just screwing the handle pieces onto the base.

It picks up pet hair, dust and small particles. It's easy to clean, just turn the unit upside down and press the bottoms of each side of the dirt holders, where indicated, and the chutes open up and you can clean the hair and dust out.

The carpet sweeper also comes with a cheapo brush cleaner. It is a plastic brush cleaner that is so cheap the center bristle bent almost off the first time I used it to clean the brushes on the sweeper. So I don't see that part of the gadget hanging around long.

Otherwise, this is a good little sweeper, for in between cleaning jobs. Personally, I am partial to a broom and dustpan for my hardwood floors. This little sweeper doesn't get into the corners of the rooms too well, so for hardwoods, I will use my broom.

Carpets and area rugs are the ideal place for this little sweeper.

Adventure Time Adventure Time Fan Favorite Plush - Cake
Adventure Time Adventure Time Fan Favorite Plush - Cake
Price: $11.48
27 used & new from $5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but Cute!, December 15, 2014
Cheap Cheap Cheap! Looks like it came out of vending machine. It's cute though, and I'm keeping it!

Black and Decker F210 Steam Iron With Nonstick Soleplate
Black and Decker F210 Steam Iron With Nonstick Soleplate
Price: $10.91
70 used & new from $8.54

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bargain Iron That Turns Water Into Steam!, December 15, 2014
For the price, this is a good steam iron. Yes, it drips water. Just don't fill it too full. Yes, it shuts off. That's a safety feature so make sure you use it when you need it, then turn it off, so it doesn't have to shut off by itself. It's not perfect, but it's cheap! It gets hot and it turns tap water into steam! Don't use it on fine garments that can't get wet - but cotton or cotton blend garments are fine with this iron. It's a bargain and it works!

Remington Products Lithium Powered Rotary Shaver, Gone Hunting, XR1340OUTD
Remington Products Lithium Powered Rotary Shaver, Gone Hunting, XR1340OUTD
Price: $136.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile Shaver in a Nice Gift Box!, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This awesome 3 head rotary shaver works out of the box, but I followed the instructions and charged it for a full 24 hours before my husband used it.

But wait! A word about the awesome box it comes in! Seriously, this makes one fine gift. We aren't into hunting, at all, but received the Gone Hunting shaver, and it comes in a really nice gift box. I highly recommend this as the one gift you give someone special for a special holiday, as the presentation is fantastic.

So after charging the shaver for a full 24 hours, my husband used it and described it as "the shaver I always wanted." Now this is a man with course, heavy growth after 24 hours, and shaving is not fun for him. He also really needs (and used) the trimmer to trim hair out of his ears (I know) and between his eyebrows ( I know).

My husband has tried every kind of razor from the old straight razors that came back into style a few years ago, and multiple electric razors, and of course, the disposable razors ranging from cheapos to expensive - and impossible to find or afford if you do find- the right replacement heads for said disposable razors. He says he likes this one best!

Granted, it has all the bells and whistles. It can be used wet, with shaving gel, or in the shower. I've never heard of such a thing with an electric shaver, but it says just rinse the blades with water afterwards.

This shaver gave my husband a clean, smooth shave the first time. He didn't use any gels or soaps, and yes, his face was a bit sore and he had to find his aftershave.

But, he's happy. He's so lazy, he might even start shaving in the car, as the whiskers stay in the shaver until you clean it out, which he did today after the first use, just to check to see how easy it was. It was easy.

Good product, nicely packaged, by a reputable company. A nice warranty. Gives a smooth shave dry or wet. I highly recommend it, and so does my husband!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20