ARRAY(0xa6816984)

Helpful Votes: 2037

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pamela V ""MS V"" RSS Feed (Mississippi Gulf Coast)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mr. Coffee CG13 12-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, Black
Mr. Coffee CG13 12-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, Black
Price: $15.88
9 used & new from $14.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price!, April 15, 2014
I ordered this coffee maker because I needed the carafe and it made sense to order a whole new unit. Don't less the price keep you from buying this bottom line, basic, but oh-so-dependable coffee maker! No bells & whistles, but it brews coffee!!

Nutrience Grain Free Dog Food, 18-Pounds, Turkey, Chicken and Herring
Nutrience Grain Free Dog Food, 18-Pounds, Turkey, Chicken and Herring
Price: $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even My Picky Dog Loves it!, April 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nutrience grain free dog food is full of healthy ingredients and my dogs love it! I have 2 dogs that eat anything and one dog that eats nothing. Even the nothing-eating dog likes this food!

Grain-free is great for dogs with skin allergy problems. Fortunately, we aren't dealing with that particular issue right now, but have in the past. I would recommend anyone with a dog suffering from allergies that cause skin irritation, try this dog food and see if it helps.

The product is costly. If you have a tiny dog, it's probably worth it if you want to try to reduce grain intake. For large dogs, it's cost prohibitive for us.

The Perfect Score Project: Uncovering the Secrets of the SAT
The Perfect Score Project: Uncovering the Secrets of the SAT
by Debbie Stier
Price: $19.04
60 used & new from $12.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Helpful Insight Related To the SAT!, April 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Perfect Score Project details one mom's year trying to achieve the perfect score on her SAT, so that she could ultimately encourage her high school son to do well on his. Debbie Stier, a single mother of two, wanted her son Ethan to get the highest score possible on his SAT, in order to maximize college scholarships. As the parent of a junior in high school, I am in the same boat Debbie was. College savings accounts are scant, my daughter makes straight A's in school, but we need to see huge scholarships for my daughter as well.

At first I wondered why the author didn't take the funds she spent on study materials, SAT tests and tutors, and sock it away for Ethan's college funds, but after I got to know the author through her book, I understood that she was most likely living paycheck to paycheck or nearly so, and hadn't managed to squirrel away the enormous amount of money one needs to have a college fund these days. In this day and age, few people are going to be able to sacrifice enough to write checks out to pay for their kids tuition and expenses. The middle class, especially, is strapped. We don't qualify for need-grants and depend on our kids to land academic or sports scholarships and loans, to pay their way through college.

The Perfect Score Project was interesting to read, as the author went from one test to the next, using different study materials and tutors, and hoping for high results. She did have significant improvement on her scores.

The book also introduces parents to fine details related to the test, like how choosing a different testing center may make a difference, what the proctors are supposed to be doing, what your test results mean, and particulars related to the soon to be obsolete essay portion of the SAT.

I really enjoyed the book. It puts me in the state of mind I need to be in to coax my reluctant albeit scholarly daughter towards her perfect score.

Converse CT Hi Joker Black Amaranth Toddlers Trainers
Converse CT Hi Joker Black Amaranth Toddlers Trainers
Offered by Tower-London
Price: $71.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hit for BATMAN & JOKER FANS!, April 7, 2014
These Chuck Taylor Converse high-tops are so cute - a great find for Joker/Batman fans! One shoe is Batman and the other is The Joker! The shoes come with 3 varieties of shoe strings. Your kids will not wear these out - they'll become hand-me-downs!

The Joker - Batman 2013 Hallmark Ornament
The Joker - Batman 2013 Hallmark Ornament
Offered by GrandmasGiftware
Price: $8.33
60 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Joker Fans!, April 7, 2014
My daughter is the world's biggest Heath Ledger/The Joker/Dark Knight fan, and loves everything to do with him! Buying this talking ornament was a no-brainer as a birthday gift. It has actual phrases from the movie! The ornament itself is cute - as good as you'd expect for a low price, but ad the sound clips and it's a pretty good deal. I have no regrets with this purchase and the ornament is a hit!

Canon Office Products IP8720 Wireless Inkjet Photo Printer
Canon Office Products IP8720 Wireless Inkjet Photo Printer
Price: $225.68
11 used & new from $225.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Prints Great Color & Black & White Photos!, April 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had recently heard someone say how sad it is that most people are uploading their pictures to social media now and not keeping them in photo albums & scrapbooks like we used to. It makes sense that we keep some things sacred and saved for the future by crafting and treasuring photo albums with actual photographs in it.

The Canon iP8720 Wireless Inkjet Photo Printer motivated us to print out some of our favorite family photos & start a new album.

The printer arrives in a huge box that contains substantial packing material, and the rather large and bulky printer. I wish it were a bit more compact, but it is what it is. My husband is an IT guy, so set up only took a few minutes for him.
We used Cannon photo glossy paper for our first prints and everything came out great. The colors were remarkably true. We also used the black and white option and it looks good, too.

There are 6 start-up print cartridges (ink tanks) that come along with the printer, and it will be interesting to find out how long they last as they usually do not last nearly as long as one expects. I always consider the cost of the printer ink when purchasing a new printer, as replacement cartridges eventually add up to much more than the original cost of the printer itself. I am kind of a fan of black only printers, to be honest, but sometimes for photographs color ink is desired.
For home photo printing, this is a nice machine to have. It’s simple to set up, prints excellent photographs and is priced right for the photography hobbyist.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 12:47 PM PDT

Nutrience Original Healthy Adult Cat Food, 18-Pounds, Chicken Meal with Brown Rice Recipe
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Cat Food They Actually Eat, April 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
All 4 of my cats are eating this cat food without hesitation. They can be finicky as most cats but will usually eat name-brand food. Generic or farm supply cat food goes untouched no matter how hungry they get, however.

The Nutrience Chicken Meal with Brown Rice Recipe cat food is made without wheat, soy, or artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. It has protein, prebiotics, vegetable & fruit antioxidants and omega 3 & 5 ingredients.

The cats seem satisfied with less quantity than other cheaper catfoods and hopefully that will mean less waste as well.

This comes in a sturdy 18-pound bag with velcro closure, which is great packaging.

My cats like it - I like it!

Elite Turkish Ground Roasted Coffee Bag, 3.5000-ounces (Pack of 8)
Elite Turkish Ground Roasted Coffee Bag, 3.5000-ounces (Pack of 8)
Price: $17.85
8 used & new from $17.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee That's Impossible To Find Locally!, March 28, 2014
My in-laws from Serbia drink Turkish coffee and it's impossible to find locally. Amazon to the rescue! I like these smaller packets - easier to store and the coffee stays fresh longer. The price is good, too. I highly recommend it!

Gama Sonic Peking 77-Inch Lamp Post and EZ Anchor with 1 Solar-Charged LED Lantern, Black Finish #GS-52SG
Offered by Deck Lighting Unlimited
Price: $149.00
5 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Solar Lamp, March 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very pleased with my solar powered lamp post & light. It only took a few minutes to assemble and install into the ground. (It does not go very far into the ground, so we will have to keep an eye on it during inclement weather). The lamp post is black with an old world charm about it.

We installed it on a cloudy day. Without sun, we were concerned the lamp wouldn't be bright, but were pleased with the brightness of the lamp once it was dark outside. We live in the country and there are no other outside lights around, so our property is dark. This lamp emitted a beautiful, white, soothing glow all night long.

I wish I had 2, 4 or 6 of these lamps as I can imagine how lovely our property would look with several of these lamps placed around. The solar power source is wonderful because there is no cost and no electric hassles. No wires to mess with.

This light offers a nice ambiance & character. It's not bright enough to read by, but sure adds character to our yard at night. I love it!

Nutrience Natural Healthy Adult Dog Food, 18-Pounds, Seven Fish Medley
Nutrience Natural Healthy Adult Dog Food, 18-Pounds, Seven Fish Medley
Price: $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dogs Love This Fishy Food!, March 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have three dogs (rescues) and two of them will eat anything, so they aren't good judges for dog food. The third dog is my problem child as she only wants to eat cat food and people food. At first my picky dog snubbed her nose at this food, but eventually she did become hungry enough to try it. Since then she's been eating the entire bowl. I am very pleased.

The fish medley has a pretty fishy odor, and that does attract my picky dog.

This is another dog food that has added coconut oil, which is the trend now, even with human diets. It's good for digestive, cardiac and even brain health, reportedly. The poultry products in this dog food are free range, and the fish are farm-raised. This indicates quality control as well as more humane conditions for the animals before they are slaughtered for dog food. All of the products are well traveled, from Australia, France, Canada, the United States, etc. Nutrience put a lot of thought and effort (and marketing) into this dog food.

The price is steep for those on a budget. Delivery to your door from Amazon is obviously a plus. The bag has a velcro closure system that I like.

I'm not sure an older dog or a dog with bad teeth could chew this food, as the pieces are pretty large and hard. Those are not issues for my dogs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 11:59 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20