Profile for Pamela V > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 724

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pamela V ""MS V"" RSS Feed (Mississippi Gulf Coast)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Barron's ACT (Barron's Act (Book Only))
Barron's ACT (Barron's Act (Book Only))
by Brian Stewart
Price: $13.76
29 used & new from $12.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to Barrons Other ACT TESTStudy Materials, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have know someone studying for their ACT test, Barron's Guides and flash cards are top notch. We already have the flash cards, and are pleased to now own the book.

This thick paperback study guide includes 4 full-length practice tests with comprehensive answer explanations, answers to frequently asked general questions about the ACT test, Subject reviews that cover the parts of the ACT test (English, math, reading, science, and the optional writing test), and additional information for finding practice lessons and solutions on line.

The best part of this book are the practice tests with answer explanations. Advertised as being the only book you need to get the score you want on the ACT test, I would only add that a good overall general education is key, too. You can beef up your test taking skills with this book, and learn some things you maybe didn't know, but overall you need to have a good educational foundation in the main categories, to get a good ACT test score. When you know the basics, then study, study, and study some more and keep taking the test as many times as it takes to get your best score.

MPERO Collection 5 Pack of Clear Screen Protectors for LG Optimus G Pro E980
MPERO Collection 5 Pack of Clear Screen Protectors for LG Optimus G Pro E980
Offered by Empire Case
Price: $2.99
11 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes All Five To Get One On Right, September 19, 2014
I purchased these when they were at a higher price than they are now. They are pretty hard to get on your screen without ending up with multiple bubbles. Heaven forbid there is a piece of lint or pet hair in the vicinity, as it will end up on the sticky film. Good thing there are 5 screen protectors in this collection, because we went through all five before we could get one on correctly.

Unfortunately we need screen protectors for our devices and are at the mercy at the companies that sell them. I'm sure there are better screen protectors out there, but you'll pay no matte what.

Disney Princess Aurora Hooded Bath/Beach Poncho Towel
Disney Princess Aurora Hooded Bath/Beach Poncho Towel
Price: $13.19
6 used & new from $7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a Great Gift!, September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Disney Princess Aurora Hooded Bath/Beach towel is supercute and nice quality. Intended for kids ages 3+, it would make a great gift. The colors are vibrant and the fabric is soft. It comes packaged in a plastic bag with cardboard face insert, and on a temporary hanger, all tied up with a pretty pink bow.

100% cotton means easy care. The towel measures 22 inches x 44 inches. The price is right, too. I love it!

DeLonghi TRD40615E High Performance Radiant Heater
DeLonghi TRD40615E High Performance Radiant Heater
Offered by SupplyTiger
Price: $129.99
5 used & new from $109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Way to Add Warm, Radiant Heat to Small Rooms, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a long time user and fan of DeLonghi Radiant room heaters and was pleased to review this particular model, the TRD40615E.

We live in an old house that despite heating and insulation improvements, still have cold rooms during the winter months. I have been relying on DeLonghi Radiant heaters for years. Keeping one of these heaters in a room, with the doors closed, and a ceiling fan running backwards, adds a lot of supplemental heat to our bedrooms.

These heaters work well for smaller rooms, like bedrooms and offices. They do not work well in large areas, like living room and family rooms. Using radiant room heaters allows me to lower our homes main heating units thermostat down to around 60 degrees, and still feel cozy and warm in the bedrooms at night. I automatically have the house central heating unit thermostat increase the temperature just before we get up for the day, and when everyone leaves the house for work and school, we turn off the radiant heaters and lower the thermostat for the home heating system down again.

As someone on a budget, and I admit I am obsessed with keeping our bills manageable in the winter while staying comfortable, I cannot recommend these supplemental heaters enough.

This particular model is a high end unit and immediately upon plugging it in and testing it, I felt warm, radiant heat coming from several areas at the top of the unit. There was no smell and no popping sounds of the oil being heated, as used to happen with some of the older units.

I have found that I have to replace these units about every two years, because they do not work properly after two winters of daily use.

Overall I highly recommend this heater for small, closed rooms. It offers warm supplemental heat at an affordable operating cost. We currently have 3 DeLonghi heaters for our 3 bedrooms and will not go a winter without them. I have tried numerous styles of portable heaters in the past, and none offer the reliable warm heat that DeLonghi radiant heaters supply.

EMPIRE Flexible S-Shape Poly Skin Black Case for LG Optimus G Pro
EMPIRE Flexible S-Shape Poly Skin Black Case for LG Optimus G Pro
Offered by SouthBay Specials
Price: $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Grip!, September 17, 2014
This is a nice sturdy case for my new LG Optimus G Pro phone. Nothing fancy, but definitely has quality and helps your hand grip the phone, which reduces the risk of accidents and breakage of an expensive device.

John Deere Gear Force Harvest Action Combine
John Deere Gear Force Harvest Action Combine
Offered by RunGreen Online
Price: $49.99
5 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Fashioned Fun With a High Price Tag, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Gear Force Harvest Action John Deere Combine is a large toy that will keep a child playing for hours, the old fashioned way! Made by Tomy, it's designed for kids ages 3+. The combine is large and has multiple levers that allow the toy to pick up things like the corn accessory that comes with the kit.

The combine has lights and audio bytes that can be utilized when buttons are pressed during play. Also included are 2 plastic worker/farmer type male figures, 3 tools, cow and dog figurines.

Everyone loves John Deere and the green and yellow design is instantly recognizable to most Americans. I give this toy 4 stars because the manufacturer's suggested retail price is $59.99, which is pretty high for a plastic toy, even if it does come with several bells and whistles. If the combine were made of metal, like they used to make outside play toys, then the price tag would be justified. For a plastic toy, I'd think forty bucks would be more appropriate.

Parissa - Wax Strips Mini Eyebrow 32 Ct
Parissa - Wax Strips Mini Eyebrow 32 Ct
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $9.16
42 used & new from $5.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll buy these again!, September 9, 2014
These wax strips are easy to use and really yank off a lot of hair. The bottle of oil fell out of the package and shattered all over the place, but thankfully, using it wasn't essential to getting a good wax with these strips. One purchase will save me hundreds of dollars spent at the beauty shop for eyebrow waxing - never mind the time saved not having to go to a salon for something I can at home.

With a little practice, I think I'll get good at using these.

Private Rx Private External Vaginal Moisturizer, 1.9 Fluid Ounce
Private Rx Private External Vaginal Moisturizer, 1.9 Fluid Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Put Some Heat Back Into Your Marriage., September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Private RX external vaginal moisturizer does produce a deep heat, which is not indicated in the reading materials provided with the product, which I read through. It's comical that the product is not intended for internal use. Why lubricate the external parts, if you ultimately aren't intending to lubricate the internal parts? And, as someone else mentioned, the container the product comes in is shaped EXACTLY like a vibrator.

I'm post-menopausal and also take oral hormones. After menopause, your vagina atrophies, becomes thinner and shorter, and basically dries up like the prune it's intended to be post menopausal. It's expiration date has come and gone. It's not intended for further use. Still, we modern women (and our husbands) still want to feel sexy and attractive, and on good days, urges are still there, despite vaginal atrophy. That's where your gynecologist comes in. Run to their office and get on hormones immediately. You need serious hormone replacement to try to halt the damage that having no hormones has already done to your private parts.

Moisturizer alone will not be enough, ladies. You need hormones. Months and months of hormone replacement therapy. And after your hormone levels are where they need to be, you can experiment with vaginal lubricants, because chances are you will need them too. Your doctor will recommend all kinds of products, but oil based products work best for most women.

So back to Dr. Blatt and his vaginal lubricating products. Yes, it produces intense heat. Burning? Not for me. In fact, the heat feels so good, I am wondering if it might help my backache, which also comes with age. The whole concept of an external vaginal moisturizer is kind of silly, really. We don't need to moisturize the outside of our vagina.

I like the warmth this product produces and so does my husband. I intend to use it, again and again.

Belkin Air Protect Case for Chromebooks (B2A069-C00)
Belkin Air Protect Case for Chromebooks (B2A069-C00)
Price: $48.19
26 used & new from $39.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Air Protect Case For Your Chromebook!, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Belkin Air Protect Case for Chromebooks is a nice case with a unique concept. The Chromebook is positioned inside the case and held in by canvass straps and a suction cup. The Chromebook can be used while in the case, then zipped up for storage and carrying from place to place.

It's not too heavy and comes with a carrying strap. It has decent cushioning to protect the device.

I recommend it!

Furniture of America Fairfield Classic Style Vanity and Stool Set, Cream White
Furniture of America Fairfield Classic Style Vanity and Stool Set, Cream White
Price: $224.61
5 used & new from $219.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My Third Vanity Set From Furniture of America, August 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the third vanity set we have from Furniture of America. The first one was a darker wood stain and was a perfect gift for our daughter when she was 10. She used it every day until we upgraded to a larger, more adult vanity set, more appropriately sized for a teenager.

This two piece vanity set is a lovely ivory color - very delicate and feminine looking. It takes about 30 minutes to assemble. It has 3 mirrors, and the 2 side mirrors are adjustable. The vanity has 3 small drawers for storage.

The accompanying bench is adorable with an embroidered-look circular pattern/design on the padded seat.

The set has a slight Queen Anne style leg design, also.

This is appropriate for a young girl, grade-school age through preteen, then a larger set will be needed.

As the owner of now 3 of these vanity sets, I can recommend them.

I give the set 4 stars because the quality isn't made to last forever. The top of our first vanity is scratched & stained from items being pushed across it, and if you aren't careful, you will have broken or damaged parts from assembling the set. We actually did damage the first set we purchased while assembling it, but was able to make a repair ourselves. It's delicate particle board and you have to be cautious while assembling it, or damage can easily occur.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20