Profile for Pamela V > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 740

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pamela V ""MS V"" RSS Feed (Mississippi Gulf Coast)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Glyco-Flex III Soft-Chews for Dogs, 120-Count
Glyco-Flex III Soft-Chews for Dogs, 120-Count
Price: $38.99
32 used & new from $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Love The Taste!, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have 3 dogs and they all love these joint support dog snacks! These bite sized chews are made to promote joint support in dogs, by providing them with glucosamine and other amino acids and supplements they wouldn't normally get in their food or other snacks.

While expensive, we only give each dog one chew per day. Larger dogs can have more. As recommended and designed for working dogs and dogs that need extra support for their joints and connective tissue, I can recommend these treats.

First Alert PA100 Personal Security Alarm with Flashlight
First Alert PA100 Personal Security Alarm with Flashlight
Price: $25.21
32 used & new from $17.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Device to Carry on Your Key Chain, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The First Alert PA100 Personal Security Alarm with flashlight has 2 different alarms to use in case of distress, and a flashlight. It's small enough that it be easily be added to your key chain. You can deactivate one of the alarms so that it doesn't go off accidentally. My 17 year old daughter has this device on her key chain to use in case of an emergency.

Walking Home: A Pilgrimage from Humbled to Healed
Walking Home: A Pilgrimage from Humbled to Healed
by Sonia Choquette
Price: $16.63
45 used & new from $14.55

3.0 out of 5 stars A Famous Authors Trek Across the Camino de Santiago, November 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had never read any of Sonia Choquettes books before, or had even heard of her, until I decided to read and review this book. In Walking Home: A Pilgrimage from Humbled to Healed, the author suffers the loss of her father and brother, and is separated from her husband of 30 years, and is inspired to walk The Camino de Santiago, a 500 mile path over the Pyranees and across Northern Spain.

She loads up on the best hiking gear, boots, and equipment and pays a trip planner to book her a hotel with meals included, for the end of each of her 30 day trek. She brings two bags with her: Cheater is the heavy bag that someone else has been paid to transport from hostel to hostel while she walks during the day, and Pilgrim is what she nicknamed the day pack she carries with her while walking. She walks each day through various weather conditions, staying at her hostels, eating their meals that are often described, and every morning has a delicious cafe con leche, which is also described, a long with whatever else she has for breakfast. On most of her daily treks, she is able to stop at cafes and get snacks, hot drinks, etc., so the path is quite commercialized and the author, while suffering with sore feet, messed up toenails from her feet falling forward in her boots and a spell of sore throat and chest cold, doesn't rough it as bad as one might imagine.

The ancient path is about solitude and walking, and is supposed to be magical due to being full of spirits that may have walked a long the path over the years. The author also feels certain her spirit guides are with her, as well as the spirits of her deceased father and brother. Over the course of the months journey, the author experiences what she describes as a healing, forcing her to rid herself of bad karma she still has from previous lives, and to forgive the negativity that has brought her down in this life. As others have mentioned in their reviews, it's pretty obvious she did this write a book, or I doubt she would remember some of the trivial parts of each day, like how the rooms looked and what she ate for breakfast, etc. There's not much in the way of local terrain described. Some climbs were steep, sometimes it rained, sometimes it was muddy, etc. Not much description there.

I read the book from beginning to end just to see how it played out and if the author had decided to stick with her 30 year marriage or end it. Seriously, that's what I wanted to know and the answer does come at the end of the book. For some reason, the first half of the book put me in a depression that I haven't experienced in years. It would be nice if I could walk the Camino, and heal myself, but alas, I have no money for such things.

I don't believe this pilgrimage will contribute anything long-lasting for the author. I think it helped her during the time she was walking, but back in the real world is always a different story. And as others have mentioned, there's nothing in this book to help the reader. While I'm sure some of the readers can afford to hike Camino, most of us can't. We'll have to have our delicious cafe con leches at home.

Balance Bar Bare, Sea Salt Caramel Nut, 34 Gram (Pack of 15)
Balance Bar Bare, Sea Salt Caramel Nut, 34 Gram (Pack of 15)
Price: $24.23
2 used & new from $24.23

4.0 out of 5 stars For Fans of Nuts & Caramel, November 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Full of nuts and tastes like caramel. Not too sweet. Pretty filling. If you need a quick burst of energy for hiking, biking, or skiing, this would be a great bar to put in your jacket or pocket for later. It'll hold you for a few hours until you can get some real food. If you like nuts and caramel - this is a good bar!

TP-LINK Archer C20i AC750 Dual Band Wireless AC Router, 2.4GHz 300Mbps+5Ghz 433Mbps, Stand Design, 1 USB Port, IPv6, Guest Network
Price: $49.99
45 used & new from $37.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Router For Novice or Advanced Users, November 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The box comes with the router, a 3 foot ethernet cable, mini installation disc, and instruction manual. I hooked my DSL modem to the router, and the TP-LINK router to the main computer using a lan cable. In less than 5 seconds, my main computer was working. I then ran the router configuration disc , set the SSID and passkey, choosing the strongest security encryption.

I connected to my android phone and laptop, and did a quick walk around a 3000 square foot space, checking for coverage. Since I have another router that overlaps seamlessly with the TP-LINK, I had no trouble staying connected without breakage. There was still 3 bars 30 feet outside the house, which is the reason why I use the strongest security encryption and passkeys.

The best part of the router is the easy set up right out of the box. The only thing less than wonderful about this set is the cable that is included is only 3 feet, so you can't put the router on a desk and have your modem on the floor, for instance. I used a larger cable I already had, to make this adjustment.

It's a good basic router for the novice or advanced user!

bliss Micro Magic Microdermabrasion Treatment, 3 fl. oz.
bliss Micro Magic Microdermabrasion Treatment, 3 fl. oz.
Price: $48.00
9 used & new from $48.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Exfoliates Your Skin Using Volcanic Pumice Granules!, November 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am fanatic about exfoliating my skin, usually on a dally basis, so it was a nice opportunity to review this product. I truly believe exfoliating my face makes it looks better and younger. It certainly makes my skin smoother by sloughing off dry skin.

This bliss Magic Microdermabrasion treatment uses teeny tiny volcanic pumice, conditioning vitamin E, and soothing aloe as part of its complex ingredient list. Yes it does make my face feel soft. I love the menthol smell, too. It did its job of sloughing off dead skin.

I like it. However, since I regularly exfoliate my face, I already know that the cheapest store brands of facial scrubs can do the same job, at a fraction of the cost of high priced cosmetic counter products. I would say that the exfoliating process is one area that I can economize on, but have to pay more for the moisturizers that are used after the skin is clean and clear of dead skin cells and other muck.

I would purchase this product if I were wealthy. I'm not, so I'll enjoy the sample and recommend it to those that can afford it.

Ted and I: A Brother's Memoir
Ted and I: A Brother's Memoir
by Gerald Hughes
Price: $19.25

3.0 out of 5 stars A coming of age story of simpler times between brothers in England, November 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book is written by poet Ted Hughes older brother Gerald. It describes the life they shared growing up in England, roaming the countryside and growing up together. It's written also from letters Gerald received from his brother after Ted married famous poet Sylvia Plath.

It could be about any two brothers, as it's a coming of age story. It's also a tale of simpler times. The author reflects on his mother, too.

It's a short book, an easy read. I gave it three stars because it was nice but not remarkable to me.

Now Designs Zoe Apron, The Great Catsby
Now Designs Zoe Apron, The Great Catsby
Price: $25.89
3 used & new from $25.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Retro Design Apron!, October 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received the adorable "Great Catsby" apron, which is an orange/red background with all over black and white cat design. Anyone looking at my profile will see that I love black and white cats, so this one was a great choice for me! The apron features a peter pan style collar and is made to look like a dress. It even has faux white buttons up the front, which adds a real retro feel to it.

I love all the designs, but would have a hard time choosing between the cat design and the bird design, which also looks fantastic. This unique apron will definitely get me comments and compliments during holiday meals.

Russian Tattoo: A Memoir
Russian Tattoo: A Memoir
by Elena Gorokhova
Price: $19.26

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Memoir & Family Story!, October 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Russian Tattoo is a memoir written by Russian/American author Elena Gorokhova that outlines the period in her life when she raised a daughter and brought her mother and sister from Russia. She describes her move to the states, rough at first, but she quickly landed on her feet by meeting her future husband, Andy.

This book hits home personally for me in many regards. I am married to a Serbian man and we have one daughter, as spoiled as Sasha is. She and Sasha could really be the same person, in fact. My mother-n-law visits from Serbia once a year, but unfortunately, was penalized for a decade by Homeland Security, and not allowed to see her only grandchild for ten years, unless we visited Serbia. We have not had the good fortune the author and her mother and sister have had. Anyway...this is not my story.

This is a large book, well over 300 pages and I read it over a weekend. It's well written and interesting to me, but again, there are so many parallels between the authors life and mine, it's uncanny, which increased my interest in the book.

I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading about other cultures and learning how multi-culturally mixed families live together, often without common languages, and make it work because they love each other and are connected by blood. I truly enjoyed this book.

Kaboom Continuous Clean System
Kaboom Continuous Clean System
Price: $12.57

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bathroom Smells Clean, Too!, October 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We like this KABOOM Scrub Free Continuous Clean System for our toilet. We did clean our toilet first, then applied the system and it smells so clean and nice - the whole bathroom smells clean! Lucky for us it's safe for septic tank systems, as that is what we are on. Anything that minimizes clean up for me and my family is much appreciated. I'll buy this again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20