Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Pamela V > Reviews

Browse

Pamela V's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1012

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pamela V "PamelaV" RSS Feed (Mississippi Gulf Coast)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Nutro Company Indoor Senior Cat Food with Chicken and Whole Brown Rice Formula, 3-Pound
Price: $10.79
6 used & new from $10.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for Cats 7+ to Maintain Ideal Body Weight, February 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have five indoor cats; all rescues. They vary in their degree of pickiness in regards to cat food. My pickiest eater was the first cat to try The Nutro Company Indoor Senior Cat Food with chicken and whole brown rice and she enjoyed it. She ate her fill while the rest of the cats stood in line for theirs. She's finicky, but liked the taste of this food.

This food is intended for seniors cats ages 7 and up . We only have one cat in that age range, and he likes the food, too. This food is supposed to keep cats at their ideal body weight. Our cats range from a bit too thin to overweight. It's really their personalities that determine how much they eat. Our only thin cat is also blind (born blind) and doesn't care about food that much. Eating is not a priority for him. It's not about food maintenance.

I recommend this cat food to anyone with a cat over the age of 7 that may be a bit finicky, but is also overweight. The only way I can imagine that scenario would be if someone were feeding canned food to a cat, which we try not to do with our inside cats. It just creates chaos in the house. Canned cat food is like crack cocaine for cats. We strive to be a drug free household.

Cosco Simple Fold Deluxe High Chair, Monster Syd
Cosco Simple Fold Deluxe High Chair, Monster Syd
Price: $49.99
7 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Folds Easily To Be Stowed Away Between Uses, February 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Cosco Simple Fold Deluxe High Chair is not fancy but it is practical. It's lightweight at 12 lbs and easy to clean, fold, and stow out of sight. It's cute design is unisex. The tray has a cup holder, which is nice. A 3-point harness is included to keep baby safe while in the seat (and in the seat). This unit can be used until your baby reaches 50 lbs if you need a high chair that long, which would be unusual.

It's easy to clean, just wipe down the seats, clean the tray, and fold it away between uses. I recommend it to parents on the go or for Grandma's house - babysitters, etc. It folds down easy and is compact.

Lenox Butterfly Meadow Dish Initial E
Lenox Butterfly Meadow Dish Initial E
Offered by Lijo Decor
Price: $20.00
3 used & new from $12.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Butterflies & Pansies on a Collectible Lenox Dish, January 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Lenox Butterfly Meadow trinket dish is a nice gift for anyone that appreciates pretty things. Mine has the initial "E" on it and has a Monarch similar butterfly and blue pansies on it. In looking over the designs of all the initials, it looks like the butterflies are either blue or yellow, and the flowers are either blue, pink, or yellow.

The initials are fairly faint but add a personalized touch to this 5 inch collectible dish. Lenox is a good brand to collect, too. I recommend this little dish - it's good for gift giving.

Expandable Garden Hose - 150 ft - Expands Up to One Hundred and Fifty Feet Long - Great For Gardening or Car Wash - Easy to Store and Easy to Use
Offered by Silver Fox Sales
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $50.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Lightweight & Practical For Outside Watering Purposes, January 29, 2016
This blue expandable garden hose is very lightweight, which makes it idea for elderly people or kids. No lugging around a heavy hose when you have this one. It's bright blue - almost looks like a ribbon. You put one end on the faucet outside and screw the sprayer onto the other end and you're in business. You turn on the water and the expandable hose fills with water - slithering slowly like a snake as it fills up.

The accompanying sprayer has several settings to play around with. They are all different and have good and bad things about them. My favorite setting for washing the car is called "center".

After you turn the water off, there is still a lot of water stored in the hose, and you have to drain it out by using the sprayer to empty the hose. It actually took about ten minutes to empty the hose of water. After the water was gone, the expandable hose was light as a feather and easily coiled up for next time.

My only complaint about this hose is that we had a continuous problem with dripping around the sprayer attachment. We kept tightening it, and it would stop dripping for a minute, but then start again. As all the parts are plastic, including the washer, I am not surprised about the drip. So using this hose - expect to get a little wet.

I love how lightweight it is. It is simply perfect for washing the car, watering your plants, or whatever else you use a hose for. I think it would be great for an apartment owner, or someone with limited storage, because it is so easily folded up and stowed in a small space. I like all the choices of spray you get with the sprayer attachment. I think kids would have fun with this hose.

I don't see this as being real high quality but I do see it being an asset to have around. Nobody likes to lug around a heavy garden hose. I know I don't. This hose is perfect for me. I am going to take care of it because it's obviously a little fragile.

I was offered this hose at a discount in exchange for an honest review. I like this expandable garden hose!

Haydee Baby Bandana Drool and Dribble Bibs with Adjustable Snaps | Unisex 4-Pack | Soft, Organic Cotton
Offered by Haydee Baby
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bibs Are Essential Baby Wardrobe Pieces, January 29, 2016
Bibs are a must for protecting your babies clothing from stains. Formula, breast milk, baby food, etc., all stain baby clothing. I'm about to be a grandmother and these bibs are perfect for my new grandchild. When I had my youngest baby, she was never dressed without a bib. Every picture taken of her in her baby days, she was wearing a bib to protect her clothing.

These organic cotton bibs are high quality and super soft. Little triangular shaped squares of organic cotton material with polyester lining, and 2 snaps in the back - adjustable for when baby grows larger but still needs a bib to protect his clothing. Bibs should be worn all the time, and not just during meals, to protect clothing. Once you get in the habit of your baby wearing bibs during the day, you will see how much stain protection that concept really offers. Your baby clothes will make it to your next baby or to the consignment store for resale without stains.

The pack of 4 bibs I received are unisex but really have a masculine feel to them. I can't find anything feminine about gray, black, maroon, and yellow. The designs are abstract, with a Southwestern feel to me.

Snaps are easier than ties, and these bibs have snaps. Soft as can be, a definite plus. I was offered these bibs at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review. I do recommend them. I know this group of 4 bibs will get a lot of use.

Fast into the Night: A Woman, Her Dogs, and Their Journey North on the Iditarod Trail
by Debbie Clarke Moderow
Price: $18.14
45 used & new from $7.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Memoir About Running the Iditarod Trail in Alaska, January 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fast Into The Night is a memoir about 47 year old Musher, Debbie Moderow. It describes preparations and experiences had with her team of huskies on the Iditarod. She made her first attempt at the 1000 mile Alaskan event in 2003, which she was unable to finish. She and her team of dogs tried again in 2005 and successfully completed it that year.

This book is about Moderows family, marriage, childhood, parents, her team of huskies, and the race. It's about her life in Alaska, to a point. It's about finishing something that you start. It's about solitary mushing, mountains, snow, and the incredible personalities and spirits of huskies that live to pull sleds.

The book drags in places and you really have to be interested in the content to stick to it. I had to put the book down several times and pick it back up again to try to continue on. Like the author, I couldn't finish the first time I tried. As another reviewer mentioned, this subject has been written about quite often. Considering that the Iditarod race goes on every March, it's not hard to believe there have been many books written on the experiences.

I think I would have enjoyed the book more if it had been more about an average person living in Alaska that did this race. The author comes from a privileged background and sounds like she's had everything she ever wanted - a life of comfort, adventure, and opportunity, and that wore me down from the beginning. It's nothing personal, but I have a hard time getting into struggles that people create for themselves for sport.

Thus the 3 star rating. I couldn't identify with the author.

SZTLAE Christmas 17cm Rainbow Alpaca Soft Stuffed Animal Plush Doll Toy For Kid Birthdays New Year Gift
Offered by YunFeng Fast
Price: $19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuteness Describes This Little Rainbow Colored Alpaca Plush, January 27, 2016
This little plush Alpaca is cute as can be. He's about 7 inches in length and 3 inches wide. He looks just like the picture - pastel rainbow stripes. He has cute little pink ears and a nubby tail. He's soft and looks like an Alpaca should. His buttons are made of hard, round, plastic and I wouldn't recommend giving this to a baby. Recommendations on the ad said ages 12 months and up but I wouldn't recommend a toddler having this toy, only because of the choking risks related to the button eyes.

I would recommend this cutie pie as a gift for a little girl of about 3+. I also know that a teen daughter would love this little Alpaca. Even a grown woman will be delighted with this cute plush toy. He's so cheerful and soft. He smells good, too. No odd plastic smells like some synthetic products have. He's squishy and cute and I think he's adorable.

I was offered this little guy at a discount in exchange for an honest review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter, Natural with Honey, 15-Ounce Jars (Pack of 6)
Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter, Natural with Honey, 15-Ounce Jars (Pack of 6)
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $27.28
8 used & new from $26.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Skippy Peanut Butter!, January 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I always buy Skippy peanut butter and prefer Peanut Butter with Honey, so this is a win-win combination! No need to stir this style of peanut butter because it contains no oil. It's smooth, creamy, and everything I want peanut butter to be.

Peanut butter makes everything better. I am, at the moment, eating it on homemade pecan pancakes. It's the perfect topping for pancakes & waffles! It goes great on any kind of bread, bagels, or crackers, too. I grew up eating peanut butter, it's been a staple my entire life. We used to eat it on saltine crackers when we were kids. In my opinion, that's a satisfying snack.

I prefer to buy Skippy Singles , because here in the south, the humidity seems to get to peanut butter almost as soon as its opened, and makes it smell less fresh. So I buy the singles.

Delicious, tasty, and high in protein. A great snack or topping. I'm biased about the Skippy brand, because I am already loyal to it. I have tried all the other store brands like Peter Pan and Jiff, and they just don't taste as good as Skippy. I highly recommend it.

Best Hearing Amplifier - Set of 2 - BTE Digital Hearing Devices - Batteries Included - Aids With Hearing Impaired & Loss - Premium Hearing Amplifiers Higher Quality Than Lyric, ITE, NewEar, Siemens, Phonak, Oticon, Starkey, & Beltone
Offered by Triple Cloud
Price: $769.99
2 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For People That Need Sound Amplification For Events, January 24, 2016
These sound amplifiers work well for the price. Compared to hearing aids, which can cost in the thousands of dollars range, you cannot beat the price.

I am a nurse and work with the elderly. I have a particular patient that needs sounds amplification and has used over the counter products like these with success in the past. He has also paid upwards of $1500. for a pair from his audiologist that he refuses to wear, because, as he says "everything is distorted".

I was happy to review this product at a discount, and provide these as a gift for my patient. The sound amplifiers come in a nice plastic box with batteries and different sized ear fittings included.

After the batteries are installed and the right size plugs are chosen and applied to the magnifiers, the sound magnifiers are worn by inserting the eartip of the earphone deep into the ear canal. The plastic wire loops comfortably over your ear and helps to hold the units into place.

As there are 6 levels of volume control, you need to start at the lowest level. I started at the lowest level, one ear at a time. My patient was in church the first time he wore these and he said level 3 allowed him to hear the pastors sermon. This is a big deal for him!

These are not intended to be worn all the time, but only when you need them for something specific, such as watching a movie or going to church. To ensure the batteries last, make sure the units are turned off after use.

I would say, for the price, these are good to have. I know my patient appreciates them.

Mam Papaul's Black Velvet Cake and Frosting
Mam Papaul's Black Velvet Cake and Frosting
Offered by Mam Papaul's
Price: $10.49
3 used & new from $10.49

1.0 out of 5 stars There Has To Be Something Wrong With This Cake Mix, January 23, 2016
This is disgusting. I bought it to make because I have purchased other cake mixes by Mam Papaul's that were delicious. This one - there is a problem. First, the cake mix. It didn't rise in the oven much. It also smells funny.

The frosting is the worst. It tastes like oil. It has butter, shortening, and cream cheese in it, and all I can taste is oil. I checked all my ingredients for freshness dates and everything checks out okay, but this cake is a disaster.

I wasted hours making it, and now have to throw it out. Washing dishes all day long, cleaning spring form pans, and running my mixer all day for this disgusting thing? I wasted 4 eggs, a package of cream cheese, 1 1/2 sticks of butter, 1/2 cup of oil, and 1/2 cup of shortening, never mind at least 2 hours of my time - to have a cake I have to throw away because it tastes like bad oil.

Something must be wrong with some of the batches.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20