Profile for Sheriff Armando > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sheriff Armando RSS Feed (Hartford, CT United States)

Melissa & Doug Suspend
Melissa & Doug Suspend
Price: $16.99
73 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty!, May 29, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
A great, engaging game for (most) ages. This can be played cooperatively (let's see whether we can hang all of the pieces working together) or competitively (who will successfully hang all their pieces first?). And after you have all of the pieces hung, it's just as much fun to see if you can remove them one at a time without disrupting the entire sculpture. While it's recommended for 8 and up, a 3-year-old was able to hang pieces with a lot of help. Nevertheless, its challenging - and whimsical enough - to keep teens and adults engaged as well. Patience, concentration, a steady hand, and a little creativity are all key.

One minor critique - the packaging isn't very strong, and this is such a weird shaped bundle of pieces, you definitely need some sort of container to store it in.

Also, a wish - it would be great if they would come out with an extension pack with more odd shapes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2014 7:51 PM PST

Griffin Technology Wristlet for iPod nano 6G (Black)
Griffin Technology Wristlet for iPod nano 6G (Black)
Offered by airbuckle
Price: $6.79
6 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, December 21, 2011
Pros:
- Fits well, easy access to buttons and charging port.
- It's easy to pop the nano in and out of the stretchy silicone. I was a little concerned that it would get loose over time, but so far (1 year later) it has kept its shape.
- The loop gives me something to grab on to. When I'm juggling my wallet, keys, and a couple bags of groceries, I just slip this around my wrist and know it isn't going anywhere.
- Somehow, the loop also helps me keep track of this tiny gadget. I find that the nano is almost TOO small - just the right size to disappear between couch cushions, slip out of pockets, or end up in the wash. But this case adds just the right amount of bulk (not that it's bulky, it isn't). Nonslip material probably helps too.

Cons:
- The case doesn't cover the clip, so it may get scratched up.
- The clip still works with this case, but just barely. The case slips underneath the clip - so the hinge is now pinching a layer of silicone in addition to whatever else you're trying to clip on to. I can still get it to grab onto the hem or sleeve of a t-shirt, which is all I need. And maybe due to the coziness of the fit, it never slips off (even when I'm jogging).
- I don't like to wear the nano on my wrist most of the time - the loop fits loosely and gets in my way. Typically, I use the loop for carrying/grabbing, but clip it to my clothes if I want to listen to music while I do something else.
- I remember paying $15-20 for this in the store a year ago, which seemed like a ridiculous price for a piece of rubber. I'm pleased to see that the price has dropped a bit .

How to Become Ridiculously Well-read in One Evening: A Collection of Literary Encapsulations
by E.O. Parrott
118 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous, Indeed., December 17, 2003
150 pieces of classic literature distilled to limericks, letters, and in one case, a children's story (N.J. Warburton on Great Expectations: "Here is Pip. Here is Pip's big sister. Pip's big sister is married to Joe the blacksmith. See Pip's big sister frown...", etc). Parrott (the book's editor) solicited the entries from 30+ authors, requiring only that they be succinct and "entertaining as well as enlightening". A warning: despite the book's title, these parodies are more fun if you've actually read the works described. A great gift for an English major with a sense of humor!