Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Brian K Seeley > Reviews

Browse

Brian K Seeley's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian K Seeley RSS Feed

Dark Side Of The Moon
Dark Side Of The Moon
203 used & new from $0.31

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Album of All Time, February 2, 2002
This review is from: Dark Side Of The Moon (Audio CD)
One word: Incredible! This is the most mind-alteringly beautiful album ever. Everyone should own a copy.

The Rapture Trap: A Catholic Response to "End Times" Fever
The Rapture Trap: A Catholic Response to "End Times" Fever
by Thomas Paul Thigpen
Price: $11.99
122 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a Catholic speaks out against this heresy!, December 12, 2001
This book doesn't cover every argument for the Catholic understanding of eschotology, but it does a great job of dispelling the rapture doctrine, which was invented in the 19th century. Paul Thigpen also lists Protestant resources within this book to explore. This resources are against this dangerous doctrine as well.

A Biblical Defense of Catholicism
A Biblical Defense of Catholicism
by Dave Armstrong
15 used & new from $15.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for Dave Armstrong!, December 12, 2001
As usual, Dave Armstrong plows through all the misconceptions and false notions of well-meaning, but misguided anti-Catholic polemicists. This book focuses primarily on the irrefutable Scriptural argument in favor of Catholicism. While it doesn't cover every argument for it, it is a great start. Hopefully, this apologist will treat us to volume upon volume of such treatises. Visit his website--it is even more in depth and very readable. Catholic and Protestant arguments are fairly and equitably posted. Have fun finding the truth!

The Thing - Collector's Edition
The Thing - Collector's Edition
DVD ~ Wilford Brimley
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $14.99
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible movie!, November 26, 2001
This movie is an excellent adaptation of John W. Campbell Jr.'s 1950's classic sci-fi short story "Who Goes There?"
The old black and white version is (not to my taste) and deviates from the premise in the short story, but Carpenter's version stays true to the original concept.
I have watched this movie over 70 times and every time it is still tense. Its fun trying to figure out who gets taken over first. You can never do it. Every time its like watching it for
the first time. Also, this movie is very gory and serious. Those with weak stomachs should not watch this. I have heard
stories from people I know who have seen it about two seperate
occasions of children vomitting when the guys head comes off.
This movie is great because it has all the literary conflicts present. It has man vs. nature. Man vs. beast. And man vs. man.
Watch this movie again and again and try to figure out who gets taken over first and second, etc. Its a puzzle that will last a lifetime and keeps this movie fresh every time you watch it.

The Gospel of Life (Evangelium Vitae)
The Gospel of Life (Evangelium Vitae)
by Pope John Paul II
118 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best treatise on the sanctity of human life ever written, October 26, 2001
Let me just say that I love this document. I read it with a highlighter in hand just so I could highlight every beautiful line--there are many. Never have I seen the Catholic standpoint on abortion, euthanasia, and capital punishment so succinctly and beautifully presented. This book is a must read for all Christians of all denominations. I can't begin to convey how great and life changing this book is--even if you already agree with everything in it about the present culture of death in the modern world. Pope John Paul shows himself to not only be an adept moral and theological thinker, but somewhat of a poet as well.

The Dreamthief's Daughter: A Tale of the Albino
The Dreamthief's Daughter: A Tale of the Albino
by Michael Moorcock
100 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Moorcock does it again, May 13, 2001
Yet again, Michael Moorcock has given us a great tale of adventure to keep us up until the wee hours of morning reading. I give this book four stars rather than five because the book gets a little too multiversially philosophical at times. This gets a little old--Plus, as always, Moorcock is a little too dualistic in his view of the struggle between good and evil-- Probably, though, that is just because I have read so many of his books and heard most of it before. At any rate, this book is a great addition to the Elric sage--certainly a far cry better than the "Revenge of the Rose." I also liked how we were given a more intimate glimpse of Elric from a first-person narrative standpoint. Overall, a great book.

Handbook of Christian Apologetics
Handbook of Christian Apologetics
by Ronald K. Tacelli
Price: $12.76
198 used & new from $2.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Mere Christianity on Steroids, May 29, 2000
This book is a wonderful summary of most of the arguments for Christianity today. It handles tough issues with patience and charity. I especially liked the areas that cleared up misconceptions between Catholicism and Protestantism. Hopefully, this will help ecumenism and thus evangelization. While some of the arguments are heady philosophical treatises, I think that a patient, fair reading of the material will be more than beneficial in the long run. The book concerns itself with 'mere' or 'orthodox' christianity, which I greatly appreciated. All serious Christians--Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals, Fundamentalists, Anglicans, and Orthodox--should own a copy of this book. In fact, buy two. Keep one on your book shelf and give the other to a skeptical friend.

Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic
Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic
by David B. Currie
Price: $13.47
134 used & new from $1.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The Quintessential Catholic Apologetic book, April 19, 2000
I read this book to see if it would be good for explaining my Catholic faith to my brother-in-law and others "bible" Christian friends. Only a short way into the book, I realized that this book was the greatest testimony to the Catholic faith that I had ever read. Its presentation from the perspective of a person not wanting to be Catholic and furthermore a Fundamentalist not wanting to be Catholic should dispell any doubt in those who read it that Catholicism is Christ's True Church. It is the quintessential book on proving the faith. Furthermore, I think it is the perfect Cathechism for the uninformed Catholic or the non-Catholic trying to discern what the Church actually teaches. I consider myself a very well read (theologically, historically, and biblically) Catholic who has heard all the arguments against the Chruch destroyed by countless authors and apologists. This book swept up any arguments that were left. It is the knockout punch. I think it would be impossible to not become Catholic after reading this book. I am a very devout Catholic, and even I felt like I had converted to the Catholic Church when I was finished. If you read no other book in your life, read the bible, and then read this book. Thank you, David Currie, for a treasure of a book. I would recommend this book as much as Augustine's City of God or Aquinas's Summa Theologica.