Profile for C. Mirza > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Mirza RSS Feed (Portland, OR USA)

AmazonBasics Clear Back Cover for the iPad mini - Compatible with the iPad mini Smart Cover
Price: $9.69

3.0 out of 5 stars An adequate case, but not great..., February 27, 2013
I found the AmazonBasics iPad mini cover adequate in providing decent protection to the back side of my iPad mini, but, after receiving this case I found myself looking for alternatives, because I didn't find the fit to be all that great. The case is kind of tricky to snap on, the cutout for the camera is misaligned (no matter which way I snapped it into place), and when I squeeze the case against the iPad I can feel the case rubbing against the device, which makes me worry that rub points may show on the iPad over time. I've owned 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen iPads and bought cases of various brands for all of them, but I never noticed any such issues with any of those cases. The iPad mini isn't a cheap device, and I think it deserves a better case that this.

Atlantic Satellite 77305018 2 Speaker Stands (Black)
Atlantic Satellite 77305018 2 Speaker Stands (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
5 used & new from $36.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Best stands for the price, April 14, 2005
First of all, a decent pair of speaker stands usually cost far more than these. Shopping around I couldn't find anything comparable to these for less than $50 a pair, and most ran closer to $75 a pair. Now the downside, I ordered two pairs of these stands for my front and rear satellite speakers. On one of the stands the indentation on the base for the logo sticker was stamped crooked and two of the clips that hold the bracket down had paint flaking off. The stamping error isn't a big deal and you can't notice unless you look at it close, and the flaking paint on the clips was quickly remedied with some Rustoleum paint. These are small problems, nothing that I mind too much, and certainly not worth detering you from buying these stands. Also, my speakers (Polk Audio RM6750) aren't perfectly flat on all sides and don't mount properly to the stands. The bracket had to be pulled back, and even then the speakers don't sit perfectly flat on the base. But they feel secure enough and I'm not worried about them falling off or anything. Speakers that are more rectangular in shape would probably mount perfectly on these stands though. So just don't expect the world with these stands, if you want something cheap that will hold your small speakers, these can't be beat.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2011 6:16 PM PDT