Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Mom of Kangaroo and Moose > Reviews

Browse

Mom of Kangaroo ...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mom of Kangaroo and Moose RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Shenit Samsung Galaxy S4 Leather Case Wallet Flip Cover Dual Tone Folio with Credit Business Card Holder- Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Cool case but a dirt-magnet..., November 5, 2013
Looked attractive when in arrived and fit my Galaxy S4 well. Unfortunately, the case material is a dirt-magnet and the Orange color was repulsive to look at by day 3. Whatever fabric the case is made from should maybe only be dyed black.

(Mobile King TM) APPLE iPOD TOUCH 5th - Grey 2 in 1 Hybrid Heavy Duty Hard Back Case + FREE MK Capacitive Stylus

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case for iPod 5, November 5, 2013
Impressive looking case. Not as protective as heavy duty cases such as Otterbox, but not as bulky either. Probably won't last more than a year, but it is used daily and product was inexpensive.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Olympus BLN-1, BCN-1 and Olympus OM-D E-M1, OM-D E-M5, PEN E-P5
Price: $23.99
2 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Olympus OMD E M 1, November 5, 2013
I was skeptical about the price, but have been pleased with battery performance, Using these as backup batteries with my Olympus E M 1 without issue. I still use the factory battery, but these have been helpful to have in emergencies!

Mediabridge Dual USB 3.4A (17W) Car Charger for Apple Devices, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/3/II, HTC - (Part# PEC-USBX2-12V )
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $5.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, November 5, 2013
Works perfectly for charging iPad and android phone simultaneously in car! Worried about some reviews, but have no issues after 3 months.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16MP and 3-Inch LCD (Body Only) (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
24 used & new from $650.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking camera, even for the "photo-impaired", October 15, 2013
This review is for you if

a) you know next-to-nothing about photography

and/or,

b) if you are a parent/pet owner/sports fan/traveler wanting to trick your friends & family into believing you know more about photography than you actually do

and/or

c) you are tired of buying less expensive cameras and sacrificing quality of images because "it isn't worth it to spend this kind of money when I don't know what I am doing".

I won't lie to you. It is an expensive camera body that will make you want to buy different lenses to further improve your non existent skills. It may even make you want to learn more about photography. At least, that is what has happened for me in the past 5 days of using this camera. The price has killed me internally, but has been well-worth the amazing images out of the box. I am very frugal, so buying this camera was way out of my comfort zone.

It has a steep learning curve if you want to pursue additional features, but otherwise, you truly can use it as an automatic point and shoot. The low light performance is amazing, and I am very pleased with how in near darkness, I can get great images of my kids playing in their forts. I am excited to see what kind of images I can get on Halloween night - no more grainy shots without a flash, and no more washed out ghouls and Freddie Krugers like from the old days with my flash on the old camera. You can get a lot of results without the flash.

I am also using it to record video of performances. Again - much improved results in low light. I wouldn't ditch my video recorder just yet, but it is impressive what I am able to record.

Do yourself a favor and do not get anything smaller then the 32g removable storage if you plan on using lots of video and or shooting in sports mode with burst speeds.Trust me. - remember, I told you wouldn't lie. You are better off splurging for at least 64gb.

Sports setting - This will shoot at 10 frames per second. When shooting my son's football game last night, I realized the fast frames per second went almost faster than I could see. I was looking through the view finder and shooting the action, but was worried that the images wouldn't come out. They were crisp and perfect, and while I dumped 70% of the shots, 30% were great action shots that left this parent really pleased.

The Wifi connection is wonderful and I was able to control the camera from my phone - that will be helpful if we try to do a holiday self-portrait this year - no more setting the camera on a 10 second timer and racing to get into the photo.

One added bonus - I look better in photos from this camera then with the last camera. Not younger or thinner - just better.

We like to hike and bike, and this camera is perfectly portable. The footprint is so much smaller, so it is easy to lug it around. In fact, you won't feel as if you are lugging anything around. The weatherproofing is a bonus, and I hear that they tested the camera after it was buried in snow for 15 minutes, and it still performed perfectly. Don't take it swimming - but you can bring it out into the elements with no adverse affects.

Because of the expense, I would suggest finding out the return policy before you buy and try. You may find it isn't the camera for you, but I would hate for you to be resentful that you splurged on a camera because I recommended it!

Have fun :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2013 11:04 AM PDT

Raising My Rainbow: Adventures in Raising a Fabulous, Gender Creative Son
Raising My Rainbow: Adventures in Raising a Fabulous, Gender Creative Son
by Lori Duron
Price: $13.12
112 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Lesson in Accepting Children Where They Are..., September 4, 2013
I received the book yesterday and just finished it. The story is more than just the challenges that this family has faced...it is a call to parents everywhere to really allow their children to be who they are. So often as parents, in an effort to minimize social pressures or teasing, we advise our children on how to hide...rather than celebrate...who they are. This goes for me...with embarrassment, I realize the times I may have unknowingly prejudged a child who does not fit a particular mold, or the times I may not have been as accepting of my own childrens' quirks or differences from me. I do not have gender non-conforming children, but I realize my bias towards my sons when they may want to color something pink or want to get another stuffed animal. Why should I squelch what they embrace?

Whether you agree - or not- with the way C.J. Is being raised, you will find an inspirational and sometimes heartbreaking story of raising a child to be who he/she is, regardless of societal expectations. The journey of the family is very touching, and the parental development is as intriguing as they are.

Not a hippie book. Definitely one to help us all learn to break through boundaries and accept and love one another, as we were intended.

Targus Truss Leather Carrying Case with Stand for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G  THZ02201US (Beige/Green Interior)
Targus Truss Leather Carrying Case with Stand for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G THZ02201US (Beige/Green Interior)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works (Almost Really Well) With New iPad (2012), March 16, 2012
Just unboxed my new ipad, and unboxed this cover as well. The fit was initially tight, but the straps that hold the ipad are leather and gave a little. There was some slight difficulty getting the camera holes aligned, but again, that was due to the tight fight. After 5 minutes the leather had stretched enough and now photos without flash are not a problem. Nothing about those straps will damage the ipad, since they are soft. This case is thick - if you are trying to maintain the slim lines of the new iPad, then do not purchase this.

I like that the cover folds completely back so the iPad becomes an ipad again, and can be used in multiple positions.

Not a smart cover with magnets, but it certainly protects the ipad when my kids are playing with it, and it gives them something more substantial to hold onto, especially in those driving games. They still use the ipad only on the carpet - just to be safe.

Update: As the leather has stretched, the camera holes do not line up any longer. Either I have to take the iPad out to take a photo, or spend 60 seconds lining up the holes. Still a great case, but the hole issue has shown me that I need an updated case. No one ever said this would work with the new iPad, but it has still been pretty decent!

Folkmanis Brown Bat Hand Puppet
Folkmanis Brown Bat Hand Puppet
Offered by Act II Books and Puppets
Price: $23.39
11 used & new from $23.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Some information I wish I knew when I ordered this bat..., December 13, 2011
Our five year old loves bats and puppets, so this was a must have. I am a big fan of Folkmanis Puppets, and this is one of their best animals.

Some things you cannot tell by looking at the picture is that the bat is several different shades of brown, giving it a very realistic look. The ears are well placed, which we have noticed is not always so with stuffed bats. This bat has the classic "creepy" look, but it's cute enough to make you not want to vomit (I have had a hard time seeing any bat as "cute").

Another feature that I appreciate are the four hidden loops, so if you ever want to hang the bat from the ceiling, you can accomplish it by using heavy fishing wire through the loops.

The fur is soft enough to cuddle, but the structure of the wings has held up even though this bat has been subjected to lots of hugging, and night flights as he is tossed from the bed often! Therefore, the body remains soft and the wings spring back to shape constantly.

The mouth can be manipulated with fingers so it can appear that the bat is speaking - but, it is a tight fit even with my small hands. Not a deal-breaker ---after all, bats don't speak!

Would give it more stars if possible!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 9:28 PM PDT

Erasermate Stick Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, Black Ink, 5-Pack
Erasermate Stick Ballpoint Pens, Medium Point, Black Ink, 5-Pack
Price: $3.94
30 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible pens for adults, worse for young students..., October 6, 2011
4th grade son complains that he has to hold the pen differently than normal to get the ink out which impacts his cursive work. Other 4th grade students and parents that have these are also looking for other pens.

Definitely not the right pen for children with fine motor skills issues - pen is thin, has no weight, and the ink-flow makes any writing issues worse.

Ravensburger A Sudden Gust - 300 Piece Large Format Puzzle
Ravensburger A Sudden Gust - 300 Piece Large Format Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great family puzzle!, September 28, 2011
This 300 piece puzzle was a joy - there are some little hands in our household and therefore the larger pieces made it easy for everyone to participate. We are, by no means, puzzle masters but this was a relatively easy puzzle to do...so if you like a challenge, this is not the puzzle for you!

It is very well made - thick and sturdy, with high quality art work that does not peel off.

I think it would also be useful for adults with visual or fine motor challenges.

Highly recommend!