Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Josh Bosely > Reviews

Browse

Josh Bosely's Profile

Customer Reviews: 147

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Josh Bosely "jonny wishbone" RSS Feed (Dallas, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie
Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie
Price: $11.88
30 used & new from $8.46

4.0 out of 5 stars The Rockabilly Thrashers are back with their catchiest album yet!, June 6, 2016
Starting to love this album, it's really starting to grow on me the more I listen to it. But I do miss the heaviest of past albums like Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood, Rock the rebel/ metal the devil, and the Strenght/the sound/ the songs. But like any awesome band they new to grow with each release. They has starting to change with each release starting with Beyond hell/ above heaven and continue with Outlaw gentlemen shady ladies which I think this album sounds a lot like. The album starts off with the catchy single The Devils Bleeding Crown. Sounding like a really catchy Metallica song from load or reload with a more modern sound and Glen Danzig singing over it with more melody. Some of the rhythms almost sound like Cape Of our Hero from their previous album. The second track Marie Laveau rocks a little harder but doesn't turn into a full on thrash metal tune like you would expect. All the songs sort have the same vibe and rhythm. Most of the album just reminds a lot of Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies. Like these songs could almost be outtakes or b-sides from that album that's how similar they sound to that album. All the songs have sort of a 90s era Metallica vibe about them. Like a mixture of the Black album, Load and Reload mixed the Misfits and a dash of southern rock. Probably the heaviest song on the album is the last song track 13 The Loa's Crossroad. A sort of medium paced thrasher with a bagpipe solo in the middle. Volbeat on this release do two covers one of a band I've never heard of called Rebound by a band called Teenage Bottle Rocket. The second cover they do a song called Battleship by the Geogria Satellites. A guest appearance by Danko Jones on the song Black Rose. But all in all this is a solid album. Volbeat seem to inject more melody into their brand of Rockabilly heavy metal that seems to really work. Maybe the only downfall on this album is it sounds to similar to Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies. Maybe not for the die hard metal heads that prefer their old stuff. But I enjoyed it all the same banjo and bagpipe solos in all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2016 2:47 PM PDT

Unden!able
Unden!able
Price: $12.98
42 used & new from $8.53

3.0 out of 5 stars The Heavy Metal hillbillies return with another southern fried slab of metal!, June 3, 2016
This review is from: Unden!able (Audio CD)
I had to redo my first review. I had a change of heart for this album. And on top of that my grammar was terrible on the first review. Just got to say first off, I love hellyeah! Always have from the first album. I don't know if it's because I love the bands that the members came from (pantera, mudvanye, nothing face). But I think their just a great band. I think they get a lot of unwanted trolling they don't deserve. But I think a lot of metal heads need to take this band for what it is. You know what your going to get when you hear a Hellyeah album. Mostly southern fried metal tunes and maybe a couple of ballads with a country southern flare. They have the if it isn't broke don't fix mentally like bands like acdc, slayer, and black sabbath have. With a touch of have a good time band drink some beer like sort of a modern heavy metal Van Halen vibe going on. Which I love. I think people compare them to their past bands to much. I think at the end of the day they just want to make a kick a$$ metal album they can stand behind. Well off with the album review. My first opinion wasn't good and I was disappointing upond my first listen. But a couple of listens over the weekend and on the way to work I starting to like this album. It starts off with the sort of intro track just tilted !. Then burst into the second track X, which is a balls to the wall metal tune you would expect from hellyeah. With a huge Black Sabbath like riff melted together with the hellyeah sound which is a mixture of Pantera and Mudvanye on this track. And Chad Gray screaming like a banshee goes well with the roaring guitars. The next tracks Scatch a Lie and Undeniable are what you might expect from Hellyeah just in your face metal tunes with groovy guitar riffs and screeching vocals from Gray again. Their great in their own right but would get lost stacked up to other Hellyeah tunes from past albums because they sound so similar. Next is the first single of this album Human which to me sounds very similar to a mudvanye song than a hellyeah song much like a lot of this album with tracks like Leap of Faith, Blood Plague and Live or Die. All sound like they could have come from later Mudvanye albums like the New Game and their last album Self Titled. The first single Human seems like it could fit somewhere on Mudvanye's Lost and Found album. But that's just my opinion and I hate to compare Hellyeah to their members past bands. The track I was most excited about before getting this album. Was their cover of Phil Collins I don't care anymore with a unused guitar track from the heavy metal guitar legend Dimebag Darrell Abbott. But upond a few listens I was sort of disappointed and I thought they added nothing new to their cover. Furthermore I think bands from the past have done better covers of this song. Like this short lived band who only made two albums called From Zero covered it from their sophomore and their last album My So Called Life check their cover out. But all in all its a very solid metal hard rock album. The production and sound of the record or excellent. But I think the album and band suffers from lack of experimentation and more of the same. This album diffentley has the Hellyeah metal sound but with a hint of industrial throw in this time. On songs like undeniable with could be from Tom Maxwell and his influences he brings from his past band Nothingface. If your a metal, rock, hard rock or Hellyeah fan diffentley check this release out. Nothing genre changing but just a kick a$$ southern fried beer drinking mean slab of metal for you from the metal masters.

The Evil Divide
The Evil Divide
Offered by AugustONEDY
Price: $11.79
43 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Thrash Metal with a modern sound! Great album!, June 1, 2016
This review is from: The Evil Divide (Audio CD)
I wasn't really familiar with Death Angel's material or albums before I picked up this one. I've always heard about them but just never pulled the trigger on purchasing one of their albums. I was sort of wanted to find something new or maybe a band I've never heard before. And on top of that something heavy that's sort of different. Well I was looking on Amazon and kept seeing the rave reviews on this album. I knew Death Angel was a classic thrash band, so I knew it would probably be heavy. I've always heard about their classic thrash albums Frolic through the park and Act III. Always heard they were thrash classics but just never seem to get around to check them out. So I really have no other albums to compare this album to but The Evil Divide. But for a metal head I wasn't disappointed. It's differently a heavy record. You could even say it's a thrash record with a modern sound. But I think on this album it's a mix of a lot of different genres of metal. Thrash, metalcore, traditional metal. Which for me was very refreshing. But I don't think they strayed to far from their classic thrash sound, coming right out of the gate with thrashers like ( the moth, cause for alarm, he'll to pay, and it can't be this Ect.). More traditional sounding metal songs like Lost which reminds me a lot of Only by Anthrax on the Sound Of White Noise album. But in a good way without ripping Anthrax off, which Lost as become one of me favorite songs on this album. But Death Angel seem to mix a more modern sound with their music on this release. Some songs remind me of a heavier Metallica song on Death Magnetic or a heavier Avenged Sevenfold song mixed with Machine Head riffs. But in a good way. There's amazing guitar riffs and solos and dive bombs by their amazing guitar players Rob Cavestany and Ted Aguilar. Some should be metal riffs of the year or decade amazing guitar playing and played at light speed! Then their singer Mark Osegueda has a voice all his own. Never heard anyone's voice sound like his. So I have nothing to compare it to. Which I think makes Death Angel stand out on its own. Mark sounds like a thrash metal Banshee Bringing a unique sound to already interesting metal band. A must have for metal heads or Thrash metal, or die hard Death Angel fans. From the reviews sounds like one of their strongest releases and a long time maybe their career. They diffentley made a fan out of me on this album.

Condition Human
Condition Human
Price: $10.00
39 used & new from $4.78

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ryche is back from the dead!!!!!!, May 31, 2016
This review is from: Condition Human (Audio CD)
Wouldn't think I would ever say this. But I think Queensryche is stronger without Geoff Tate. Sure he wrote one of the best metal concept albums of all time (operation mind crime). And other great albums Empire, Rage of Order, The Warning, Promised Land Ect. But the last few years with Tate have been very lackluster with their albums and creativity. Not saying it was Geoff Tates fault. My the vibe and magic of Queensryche and creativity seem to be back, Todd La Torre has just brought back magic left out of Queensryche in the last decade. He has amazing voice and sounds striking similar to Tate at times. Not really sure how much input in has with the making of the songs and music. But whatever he added its much needed. Starting with Todd's first album with the band self tilted. Bringing the vibe of earlier albums with a modern sound. This album Condition Human is even better. Sounding like Empire or Operation Mindcrime on steroids. This album may be Queensryche's heaviest record to date. Huge heavy metal riffs over Todd's soaring vocals. The songs all sound different but some how sound like their in the same vein. This album as more of a traditional heavy metal sound, then compared to the Avenged Sevnfolds, or Slipknots or even the Asking Alexanders out there. Which to some may sound dated but I find very refreshing. These songs have more melody than most young bands have or need. Very strong album maybe one of their best soon to be consider a modern classic. Check it out if your a Queensryche fan!

The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser
The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser
Offered by lola's dream
Price: $10.99
68 used & new from $7.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the album I was hoping for but still a solid album., May 21, 2016
First I would like to say how I've loved Rob Zombie's music since I was a teenager. One of my first metal albums I ever bought was his first band White Zombie's 1995 album Astro Creep 2000 - songs of love destruction and other systhentic delusions of the electric head ( hope I got that album title right). So standards for metal albums were set pretty high as it was. So the latter ninties came and Rob Zombie goes solo putting out solid classics like Hellbilly Deluxe and the Sinster urge, hellbilly deluxe 2, venomous rat regeneration vendor ( which is one of my favorites) and my least favorite American Horses ( which shocked me with John 5 being his first album). So I was excited when I heard he was coming out with the follow up to venomous ratt regeneration vendor album ( which I though it was his best since the Sinster urge). The album finally comes and I listen through the whole album all the way through and I have to say I wasn't really impressed the first time I heard it. So I listen to it on the way to work one day. All the way through again and it starts to grow on me. The songs are solid and catchy as hell. But the cool thing about the album is it's got sort of a classic rock vibe going on about it. Like some old Kiss records or old Alice Cooper records from the seventies or even Ted Nuggent. Only complaint I really have is there will be these solid songs that are awesome right next to songs to me are duds. John 5, Ginger Fish are awesome as usual. John 5 shreds and sounds amazing as always. I have had this album long so it may continue to grow on me and could become a Zombie classic one day in my mind. Still love Rob Zombie's music and movies. So glad there's a artist out there that's making original music and not making mindless drivel of pop and rap music right now. But in conclusion I think Zombie was trying to do something different and experiment a little bit with his sound. Which is totally understandable. Check it out if your a Zombie or metal or hard rock fan.

Gore
Gore
Price: $11.99
92 used & new from $4.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Deftones always put out solid albums!, April 30, 2016
This review is from: Gore (Audio CD)
Loved the deftones since 1997 when I first heard the song bored on their first album adrenaline. They always change their sound and evolve with each album like a good solid band should. Gore is no exception. A little bit more on the mellow side than their last album. But there's plenty of headbangers to keep the metal head happy. Like acid hologram and doom user. But a lot of their songs on this album are moody and change from mellow to heavy which I like a lot. There's sort of a darker mood on this album like sort of a goth vibe I like too. Chino's vocals are better than ever. Do things I didn't think he could do or hitting notes I didn't think he could hit which is a nice surprise. Stephen is a great guitar player playing more of a atmosphere then showing up his shredder chops. Some of his guitar player surprised me a lot of this album too in a good way. Good solid album by the deftones. Sort of charting in a new territory for them but still sounds like the deftones.

For All Kings
For All Kings
Price: $14.75
61 used & new from $7.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Anthrax Always keep the metal torch going! And release another killer album!, April 7, 2016
This review is from: For All Kings (Audio CD)
Anthrax is one of my favorite metal bands of all time. Or one of my favorite bands period. They always put out solid albums all through their 30 year plus career. I love their classic thrash albums from the eighties (Among the living, spreading the disease.). To the nineties albums with John Bush (Sound of white noise, Volume 8: the threat is real). To their newer classics we've come for you all or their amazing come back album with Joey Belladonna Worship Music. Worship music was sort of a return to Anthrax's classic thrash metal sound with modern production. Every song I though was killer and it was probably their best album since among the living. Which is saying a lot I love all their albums especially with John Bush. So I had pretty high expectations for For All Kings. While the album keeps growing on me with each repeated listens like Worship Music has to. I don't think it's as good as Worship Music. Which is a hard album to top. But for all kings is a solid metal album and is in sorts a continuation of worship music and anthrax's classic thrash metal sound. It still has the thrash metal songs their know for ( evil twin, breathing lighting, monster at the end.) and more recent album sounding songs(suzerain which sounds like it could be on volume 8 with pantera riff). A lot of surprises too. There's a lot going on on this album which it grows on you with repeat listens. Still a monster anthrax album any fan would love or metal fan would love. I hear their not going to wait to long to make their next album hope it keeps heading with this direction and keep making solid Anthrax albums.

Incarnate
Incarnate
Price: $11.99
70 used & new from $6.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this band! Always put out solid albums!, April 7, 2016
This review is from: Incarnate (Audio CD)
Been into this band since they released alive or just breathing. Always stayed with them, buying their albums through Jesse leaving and Howard taking over then Jesse coming back with the last record. Just love their style of crushing metal riffs with death metal growls through the rhythm and infectious melodies and chorus in the middle creating something fresh and only Killswitch can do. Their sound has pretty much started a whole metal genre. But they always remain the best and sound fresh and new with each release. I never thought they ever phone it in on any album with Howard which Howard said he did with the 2nd self titled album. Still loved it anyways. But with Jesse coming back into the fold on disarm the descent. It's like a new energy has been tapped back into the band that I didn't think was missing but glad it's there. Disarm the descent was probably their best album since alive or just breathing in my opinion. So I had high hopes and expectations for Incarnate. And it delivers on every level even adding progressive elements into their music. Jesse is singing more on this album then screaming which I kinda like. I feel like his voice keeps getting better with every album. He's got sort of this punk rock vibe he brings with him to the table. On top of that he sings these amazing melodies. Adam D and co. Always bring these amazing metal riffs that are brutal and catchy at the same time. Sometimes they even get a little heavier on this album if you can believe it. Check it out if your a Killswitch fan or metal fan. It's metal ear candy.

The Astonishing (2CD)
The Astonishing (2CD)
Price: $14.88
80 used & new from $9.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems Like Dream Theater are trying to write their Wall!, January 30, 2016
This review is from: The Astonishing (2CD) (Audio CD)
First off I want to say I love Dream Theater their one of my favorite bands. Got into them a couple of years ago. Slowly collected their albums at used cd stores and Amazon. My favorite albums by them are the albums (Train of thought, systematic chaos, black clouds silver linings, and awake) that were their a little heavier (because I'm a metal head). But saying that I love all of their albums and just love the diversity in the music. I do think the quality of the music has gone down a little bit since Mike Portnoy left but that's my opinion, even though they still put out solid albums. So I'm always excited when they put out a new album. So get the Astonishing. I've only listen to it a couple of times so I'm giving this review without it growing on me over time so my mind might change in a couple of years. Well I'm a little disappointed but it's still a very solid release. It is a concept album telling a story. It really reminds me of a modern The Wall (Pink Floyd) mixed with 2112(Rush) and throw in some heavy thrash (Metallica, Pantera) here and there mixed with some cooperate rock (Styx,Journey) and you have the feel of the album. There's a lot of instrumentals and ballads. But I understand stand it's suppose to tell this story. I guess the metal head in me wants to hear John Petrucci crushing metal riffs and blazing solos. Don't get me wrong there's some on here and they are amazing. But I understand as a artist you want keep doing things different and refreshing and that's what they were doing on this album. It continues to grow on me and it is actually getting addicting to listen too. Differently check this album out if your a dream theater fan. I'll check back and a couple of years after it has a lot of time to grow on me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2016 8:41 AM PST

Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (Bluray / DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]
Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (Bluray / DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Craig Sheffer
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $18.89
29 used & new from $16.66

4.0 out of 5 stars A very refreshing and original movie by a horror legend!, January 30, 2016
Heard about this movie for years. Never seen it though till a few years ago! Love it. A original story and concept. Don't want to give to much away if you havnt seen it. It is a little out there if you don't like weird movies. But if you do like me you'll love it. The movie was directed by and wrote by Clive Barket (Hellraiser, Lord Of Illusion). And the score was done by Danny Elfman ( Batman 89, Batman Returns, Simpsons, Beetlejuice, Spider-Man and a whole bunch of other crap) giving it a bigger epic feel. If you like out there movies or monster or horror movies check this out. It sort of as a Stephen King novel mixed with a 80s slasher with monsters feel to it. David Croneberg (Scanners, The Fly, Videodrome, A history of violence, dead Zone) the film director is it and does a decent job of acting. Check it out its s solid horror or out there film. It's sort of it's own genre in a way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15