Profile for Green Smoothie Junkie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Green Smoothie Junkie RSS Feed

The Healthy Green Drink Diet: Advice and Recipes to Energize, Alkalize, Lose Weight, and Feel Great
by Jason Manheim
Price: $9.60
146 used & new from $7.47

1,057 of 1,145 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture book - BUT not much else, April 18, 2012
I am a professed green smoothie junkie and have been teaching about them for nearly 9 years. I collect information, books and recipes on green drinks. Naturally I had to get this one. I'm not much of an Amazon reviewer but felt compelled to share my thoughts since so many people have brought this book to my attention and have asked me about it.

In a nutshell - this is a beautiful picture book, well presented BUT very thin in content and new information.

I applaud Jason for making such a beautiful book. Anything published about green smoothies to get the info out ranks high in my book. Unfortunately the book reads like a website. In fact, pretty much all of the information and recipes presented in the book can be found on any single reputable website about green smoothies. I found myself thinking... this is identical to x website as well as y website and z and... If I'm going to spend money on a book I want there to be substance - at least something new that I can't easily read on a website.

Another issue I have with the book is that it is clearly geared towards green smoothie beginners, which is great, but many recipes are unusual and targeted for specific tastes. In other words they don't embody the spirit of the beginner to support them with simplicity to actually like drinking greens when they are not used to it. While I do enjoy many of the recipes I would not recommend the majority of them for those new to green drink. It also promises to deliver every health benefit possible about green smoothies but again, gives only a cursory overview of what it's really about.

Basically, if you are brand new to green drinks, don't have any other book on them, are not timid about trying green drinks and do not surf the web to learn about them, then this is a nice book to start on. There are so many better books about green smoothies/drinks in the $10 range and eBooks for under $3. If you do spend time learning on the internet (which is likely since you are doing so at this moment) then access the identical information for free on the myriad of green smoothie websites out there.

Whether you get this book or not, just be sure to drink your green drinks!
Comment Comments (73) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2014 5:45 PM PDT