Profile for Braden1996 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Braden1996 RSS Feed

ASUS G74SX-XA1 Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Black
ASUS G74SX-XA1 Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Laptop, Incredible Value, August 27, 2011
Pros:

First off I would like to start off stating this a beautiful computer; It is just an amazing design. While the appearances of the Notebook was quite important to me, it did not take precedence over performance; this laptop performs admirably in all applications varying from Games to benchmarks to everything else. All the games I play are easily maxed by this beast of a laptop (Or should I say desktop replacement). The thermals on the laptop are by far the best I have ever seen for any notebook of this class; the average cpu temp averages around 30 centigrade idle and reaches a max of around 60 centigrade when being stressed by Prime 95(Which is between 140 and 150 degrees Fahrenheit). The area above the hard drives do get warm when being used constantly (The hard drives are under and to the right of the track-pad, but the temperature actually comforts my hand and does not annoy me). The area above the gpu does get slightly warm, but it is un-likely your hand would be placed there (Between the main keys and the numpad). The cooling system is incredibly effective while being completely in-audible. The only thing I can ever hear is the Optical drive when being used (Which is very rare for me). The keyboard is also spectacular, I have yet to experience a missed stroke (I am an above average typist at about seventy words per minute); the track-pad is also nice, but I rarely use it. The screen which is Full Hd looks amazing and is incredibly crisp. The wireless is also superb for at home use or elsewhere. This is an amazing Portable Desktop that performs amazingly. I highly recommend it to any person in search of a Desktop replacement/ gaming laptop. This presents one of the highest values in this market.

Cons:

The biggest con is likely it's shear size and weight, but that is also it's most significant positive since you have the very large, crisp screen. The speakers are generally loud except in select programs where the volume is lower (Like Assassins Creed 2 even when the game and system volume is maxed). while the Thx Trustudio software does increase the volume somewhat, those quieter programs are still quiet unfortunately. One thing that a lot of people may dislike is that the screen is glossy, I personally do not mind since I rarely notice any glare because I am generally inside with my computers. No true cons exist for myself, this is an amazing laptop.

Other:

Great Laptop/ Desktop replacement. I use it for lan parties and vacationing and some home use, but I generally use my desktop. If you buy it and intend to move it I highly recommend a large backpack to Move it (Very large, the one I got struggles to fit it). It also ships with two partitions one main one and one for a backup, for some odd reason the partitions were set up so that the backup partition was about double the size of the main so I just used Easeus Partition Editor and corrected this. This reminds me, the laptop did not come with a recovery disk, so I suggest backing it up with the included partition or making a recovery disk. I hope this review was helpful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2011 10:11 PM PST

NZXT Apollo CS-NT-APOLLO-U SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case; faulty usb., August 6, 2010
I love this case. It is the most beautiful case i have ever owned. Everything works great except the one faulty usb port in the front. It wasn't bad enough to deduct a star. I am very glad my mobo had 6 usb ports. To replace the port. I just ordered a few usb extension cables. the total fix was 15$ so I'm not complaining. Post Script: It is not a metallic finish. And the blue isnt as bright as displayed in images, but I still suggest it.