Profile for C. Gerniottis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Gerniottis RSS Feed (Corpus Christi, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
KRUPS KM9008 Cup on Request Programmable Coffee Maker with Precise Warming Technology, 12-Cup, Black
Offered by Portlight
Price: $258.36
8 used & new from $194.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I think I prefer the Cuisnart version better. At least the coffee is acceptably hot and ..., November 6, 2014
It's not so much the coffee maker as it is Krups customer service. I had a unit that failed and was instructed to send it in to one of their repair facilities. I did and received it back about three weeks later.....still not working properly. To add insult to injury, the repair shop basically just threw it in a box, tossed in some packing peanuts, and shipped it. Very unprofessional. When I contacted Krups again, they said I had to send it back the same repair shop....AGAIN. I did and it's been nearly two months now and still no coffee maker.

As for the coffee maker itself, I think I prefer the Cuisnart version better. At least the coffee is acceptably hot and if you run into a problem, they address it in a timely fashion. I thought Krups stood behind their products but I think they count on making it just difficult enough to make customers give up on getting their unit fixed.

subCCultured: the rise of DIY rock in corpus christi  (1985-1995), The Definitive Edition
subCCultured: the rise of DIY rock in corpus christi (1985-1995), The Definitive Edition
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 27, 2014
This is a great window into the punk scene of Corpus. Richard Guerrero's film making talents are top notch!

23 Watt - 100 W Equal - Full Spectrum 5000K - CFL Light Bulb - GU24 Base - Global Consumer Products 175
Offered by saturn products
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can See Clearly Now, March 6, 2014
This bulb gives you more than ample clean "daylight". Since I couldn't find this specific bulb at any of the local stores, I ordered it from Amazon - and am glad I did. Like a lot of fluorescent bulbs, it takes about 10 seconds for it to ramp up to full luminosity but fantastic light quality once it gets there.

Starbucks Reserve Coffee Jamaica Blue Mountain - 8 oz. Whole Bean
Starbucks Reserve Coffee Jamaica Blue Mountain - 8 oz. Whole Bean

2.0 out of 5 stars Toast of the Town, December 18, 2012
I've always been of the mind that Starbucks is one of the best coffee companies around. However, I'm now having second thoughts about that presumption. This Starbucks JBM I purchased was roasted more than it should have been - giving it almost a burnt taste. In addition to this, I also found quite a few splits and pieces in the beans themselves. Any seasoned JBM aficionado knows that most of these higher end Jamaican coffees are hand-sorted and generally medium roasted. That being said, I believe I'll just stick with Wallenford or Mavis Bank products.

Goody Styling Essentials Brush (Pack of 3)
Goody Styling Essentials Brush (Pack of 3)
Offered by Everyday Low Prices Co.
Price: $13.60
6 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars More than average, May 28, 2012
I had been looking for this particular Goody brush but had not been successful until I decided to look for it on Amazon. While it may not be the ultimate brush for some, it's perfectly suited for me. I've owned Denman's more pricey version of this model but Goody delivers better results in my opinion.

Island Blue 100% Jamaica Blue Mountain Whole Beans Coffee (8oz)
Island Blue 100% Jamaica Blue Mountain Whole Beans Coffee (8oz)
Offered by jamdeals
Price: $30.00
2 used & new from $29.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Top shelf, May 7, 2012
This is absolutely the smoothest tasting coffee I've ever had. I've had other JBM blends but there is no comparison to this 100% certified product.

DeLallo Traditional Breadsticks, 4.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)
DeLallo Traditional Breadsticks, 4.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)
Offered by Nutricity
Price: $37.65
8 used & new from $28.29

4.0 out of 5 stars bits and pieces, January 20, 2011
These breadsticks are the real deal. They are exactly like the ones I remember growing up with. The only downside is they don't travel well so expect about half of them to be broken in half. Nevertheless, I don't think there's a better breadstick available online.

Magnum Exotics Kona Blend Coffee, Whole Bean, 16 Ounce
Magnum Exotics Kona Blend Coffee, Whole Bean, 16 Ounce
Offered by Magnum Coffee Roastery
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Primo Kona blend, December 1, 2010
Magnum is one of the best tasting Kona blends I've had (and I've tried a few!). The medium roast is close to perfection and delivers a smooth tasting brew that makes me think I'm drinking 100 percent Kona at times. You really can't go wrong with this coffee.

Magnum Exotics JBM Blend Coffee, Whole Bean, 32 Ounce
Magnum Exotics JBM Blend Coffee, Whole Bean, 32 Ounce
Offered by DAC Food
Price: $24.00
5 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue Mountain fan, October 31, 2010
This is one of the better tasting coffees I've recently had. It rivals most Kona blends in every category but the price seems to flucuate depending on which seller you buy it from. Nevertheless, the 2 lb. bag seems to last for quite awhile. I still enjoy Kona coffee a little more though so I've made a compromise by using a 30/70 ratio of Blue Mountain to Kona blends. Regardless, it sure beats anything Starbucks can offer you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2011 12:34 PM PDT

Paderno World Cuisine Butter Curler, 8 1/2"
Paderno World Cuisine Butter Curler, 8 1/2"
Price: $15.37

5.0 out of 5 stars "I can't believe it's butter", September 11, 2010
This is a very well made butter curler - superior quality to the ones I used back in the 70s. I searched all of my local restaurant supply warehouses for this tool but could only find it sold in a chef's set of small kitchen tools. Although it's "politically incorrect" to serve butter at every meal nowadays, this curler will stretch a block of butter for good while. And if you have little ones, they'll love the curls this tool makes.

Page: 1 | 2