Profile for visionmaster > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

visionmaster RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Ryan Lock Bundle (Books 1-3)
Ryan Lock Bundle (Books 1-3)
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I came across these and liked some of the reviews, September 15, 2014
I purchased these because I've read all the Lee Child Jack Reacher books and was in withdrawal. While researching similar series, I came across these and liked some of the reviews. The first and third books were all but unreadable. There were so many OMG moments. Ryan Lock is supposed to be the best body guard EVER and made too many elementary mistakes. It seemed to me that the author had to set the stage for his plot to work so he wrote in whatever just to move the story along. There were no surprises other than the shock of having included some of these cliches.

The second book was much better than the other two. I would have given 3.5 to 4 stars for Deadlock. Certainly not Lee Child caliber, (several reviews compared the two, including a comment by the author himself), but I did finish the book and actually was looking forward to reading the third. Unfortunately, the second book seems to be the exception.

Starwest Botanicals Organic Pepper Black Medium Grind, 1-pound Bag
Starwest Botanicals Organic Pepper Black Medium Grind, 1-pound Bag
Price: $15.75
9 used & new from $15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a quality pepper, April 10, 2014
Somehow it just seems fresher and more flavorful than many other brands I have tried. If you like pepper, you can't go wrong with this product.

Simply Organic Onion, White Powder Certified Organic, 3-Ounce Container
Simply Organic Onion, White Powder Certified Organic, 3-Ounce Container
Offered by VitaCafe
Price: $6.09
25 used & new from $4.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 10, 2014
The flavor is great and it doesn't clump up like some other brands I have tried. If you don't have time to chop onions, or you just don't like the onion in your mouth but love the flavor, this is a great solution.

Almost Invisible Frame-less Computer Reading Glasses Gaming From 0.00 to +3.00
Almost Invisible Frame-less Computer Reading Glasses Gaming From 0.00 to +3.00
Offered by Florida Glasses
Price: $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Fuzzy, April 10, 2014
I have been wearing readers for almost twenty years and I know glasses. I buy glasses like other women buy shoes and purses. (Of course I am addicted to those too!) These glasses did not work for me.

Besides being distorted and fuzzy, they are heavy and uncomfortable. At first I thought they were just not good for the computer but they are fuzzy while reading, even outside in the shade on a bright day.

I gave them two stars because they were delivered promptly.

ScreenPals Computer Reading Glasses with Spring Hinges - Antiglare Computer Glasses - Reduce Eye Strain (+1.75 Power, Black)
Offered by Ideal Eyewear
Price: $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars These work much better than the super expensive ones!, April 10, 2014
I have purchased at least 1/2 dozen computer glasses in various strengths for various prices and these are by far the best in quality.

I purchased a similar pair at the same time from another vendor for twice as much because these didn't come in the other strength I wanted. I use one strength for the computer and another for TV viewing. These glasses are fabulous...they really help my eye strain and are actually soothing! The others I got are trash.

The glasses are comfortable for hours of wear and they don't leave marks on the bridge of my nose like others do.. Sometimes I forget I have them on. There is no distortion in the lens like many other glasses I have had.

Highly recommended!

Mr. Coffee CJX21CP 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
Mr. Coffee CJX21CP 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
Offered by TheNewMall
Price: $39.00
6 used & new from $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away!!! Fire!, April 14, 2013
Thankfully I was home when this thing started smoking. At not quite 6 months old, I certainly expected it to last at least as long as 1 year. In all fairness, It's not only the Mr. Coffee brand. It seems like all the coffee maker manufacturers got together and decided to drive sales by designing their coffee makers to last only a year so we would all have to keep buying. Over the past 5 years, I've had 6 new coffee makers and now I have to buy a 7th.

I agree with all the annoying complaints everyone else had in their reviews, excessive moisture inside the tank, the dripping of the carafe, the difficult to read display, the confusing buttons, etc. The complaints are all valid. I have not seen my main complaint though. Maybe I got a lemon, but fire?

I put my coffee makers through their paces. They are used daily but I clean them at least once a month just like recommended. I am a coffee addict and take excellent care of my machines but having to buy a new one every year, sometimes more than one a year, is ridiculous. Even more, having to worry about having my home burn just so I can enjoy a cup of coffee is terrifying.

Five years ago when my 5 year old coffee maker died I figured it was time. That was a $17 dollar Mr. Coffee. I've had cheap and expensive since and they all die an early death. The only coffee maker I've had that continues to work for longer than 1 year is the percolator. Wish I could find better filters for it. I'd attach it to a timer and be done with it.

Bottom line: buy something else. You might not get anything better, but you certainly won't get anything worse.

Earthly Delights: Corinna Chapman #1
Earthly Delights: Corinna Chapman #1
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth my time, March 26, 2013
"Hands are on my shoulders. Someone is lifting me to my feet. I stagger up and see, blessings upon them, a pair of ambulance drivers..."

The whole book is like that. Very choppy. Typical plot.

Sakkas 305BC Jessica Wool Newsboy Cabbie Hat with Rhinestone Buckle - Black - One Size
Offered by Sakkas Store
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish they would have used a different decoration, March 26, 2013
The hat is wonderful. The rhinestones look a lot cheaper than the hat. I'll probably replace those but I LOVE the hat. I have a big head but it fits great, looks good, is stylish and warm. What more could I want?

Board Dudes 12" x 12" Dark Cork Tiles, 4-Pack (82VA-4)
Board Dudes 12" x 12" Dark Cork Tiles, 4-Pack (82VA-4)
Price: $12.66
8 used & new from $12.39

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, it's cork tile, March 26, 2013
It was a little messy as others have said but not overly so. I used it on a floor that doesn't get much traffic, ( a half bath), but it was down in a day and looks good. I've had it down for about a month and is holding up so far. The color is great and the thickness is perfect. I had little cork pieces everywhere when I cut it but it cut well I thought and a few minutes with a vacuum and voila! I like it!

Thea Gallas Always Gets Her Man
Thea Gallas Always Gets Her Man
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty predictable, March 26, 2013
The plot offered no surprises and I didn't find the main characters very likable. I finished the book but found myself putting it down frequently in favor of other entertainments...like TV which I don't watch very often.

It was a page turner...but only to get through the slow parts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6