Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for John Frederick Garrett > Reviews

Browse

John Frederick G...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Frederick Garrett RSS Feed (Renton WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
AmazonFresh
AmazonFresh
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad ap for good service, May 17, 2016
This review is from: AmazonFresh (App)
Downloaded the app on my galaxy s7 to order groceries and it kept telling me I loved in LA and to use the website. I actually love in Washington. Very confusing UI.

My Pillow Premium Series Bed Pillow, Standard/Queen Size, White Level
My Pillow Premium Series Bed Pillow, Standard/Queen Size, White Level
Offered by My Pillow, Inc.
Price: $59.95
6 used & new from $44.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my pillow, April 2, 2016
Wife bought me this after my old pillow gave up the ghost and other pillows were not working. I have seen the commercials on TV and was intrigued and hopeful this would work. I am a stomach sleep who used to sleep on his back but now sleep on my stomach because of sleep apnea (cpap didn't work). I did as they instructed put pillow in dryer and fluffed it and had the most uncomfortable nights sleep that I eventually threw pillow on the floor and slept without one. I then came on here and saw that over people said you needed to sleep with it for a week to "break it in". I gave that a shot and moved my rating from a 1 star to a 2 star. I have never heard of having to break a pillow in before but I made it slightly (ever so) more tolerable. The issue is that you feel like you are sleeping on corn/soft gravel with the crumbled foam fill of the pillow. As you sleep it pushes out to the sides and top (away from head) so you need to fluff it again to make it "comfortable". The problem I had was that my head would sink and I would have my nose covered so I had breathing issues. Another other issue is that the "interlocking" foam fill does not allow air to flow easily like they claim to help keep the pillow cool. I found that the pillow got hotter and hotter about 5 minutes into trying to sleep. I have since given up and gone with another pillow that is half the price and works a little better. I only wish I could return it for my wife's money back and we could try and Casper pillow at the same price. Don't buy into the hype of the national sleep foundation endorses this pillow I searched their sight and found nowhere do they endorse or recommend the mypillow. The only mention was in the adds on the sight generated by tracking cookies (after searching for other things the ads changed). I doubt that the sleep foundation even cares about this pillow. Save your money don't get this pillow.

The Beating of His Wings (Left Hand of God Trilogy Book 3)
The Beating of His Wings (Left Hand of God Trilogy Book 3)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but not what you expect in the end., March 7, 2016
Overall I enjoyed the series but the last book ended kill kind of flat. I will say it ties thing up but not in the way one would expect from the first two novels. That being said if you are looking for an off beat fantasy trilogy this series is for you.

Wireless Headphones,Sufum In-ear Earbuds Bluetooth Headset Sport Bluetooth Earpieces for Cell Phones (Black)
Offered by Tonglu Bomai Dianzi
Price: $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, should have know better for $20, December 30, 2015
They work as advertised and sound pretty good for the prices. The box they come in is a little bigger than needed but I appreciate not having to cut through a bunch of plastic just to get to them. The tin they come in does work well for storing them in my workout bag so they don't get lost or broken in-between workouts.
Pros- Price, ease of use, simple design, sound quality
Cons- control module, magnet not very strong.
Honestly I would have rated it a 4 if the control module wasn't as big and bulky as it is and the picture doesn't do it justice. If you are sitting or doing a lite workout they are ok but if you move, or jog/run, or workout vigorously the module pulls/drops to the side and pulls on the earbud. Another reason for a 3 is the weak magnet although I don't see a reason for it as if you just take the ear buds out they say in place around your neck quite well.

Genuine HP 564 1st or Old Generation Ink Cartridge 5 pack will only work for HP Photosmart C5300, C6300, D5400, Photosmart Pro B8500, Photosmart Premium C309 printers. Please check printer list.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer be ware check your printer model number before buying., August 7, 2015
Buyer be ware! Check the model number of printer carefully with list of printers in the full description. Just because your printer uses 564 ink cartridges doesn't mean these will work with your printer. Case in point my 7520 take the 564 cartridge but a newer generation than these. Luckily my c309 that takes 564 can use the cartridges.

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and reactivity with a few quirks., June 29, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
I am enjoying the use of this tool more and more. Have it set up in the Bathroom so wife and I can listen to music while getting ready in the morning. It takes some getting use to how to request things from it but once you get that down it is pretty good at getting what you want. I like that I can get iheartradio.com stations as well as tunein radio. I am not into paying for music or storage for my music so haven't used the prime music service yet. I like the IFTTT connection as well so I can control parts of my nest etc. It is pretty good at getting the answers to questions you ask from the internet but there are a few times that I have asked and it responded either with nothing or with a simple brush off like I can't find that answer. Sometimes it was to simple questions like who played a certain character in Star Wars. Only down side I see is that it takes a bit getting used to the speech commands and learning 2+ peoples voices. Wife had a bit of a time getting it to play music she wanted. All in all I can't wait to see what comes out next.

Carhartt Men's Long Neck Wallet With Bottle Opener Money Clip, Black/Tan, One Size
Price: Click here to see our price
6 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Started strong but ended with a bust, April 26, 2015
This item was great throughout the summer holding cash and cards. Little hard to get license out of license pack and a little bulky for front pocket but was sturdy. Then in the fall it all of a sudden broke where the clip hinge was. The pin popped out and was not repairable. I tried putting the pin back in but it just slide out. I expected more than 6 months of use from something with the carhartt name on it.

adidas Performance Men's adissage SC Sandal,Black/Grey/Green,12 M US
adidas Performance Men's adissage SC Sandal,Black/Grey/Green,12 M US
Offered by F I Z A A R O
Price: $21.99
16 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great shower and gym slide, March 22, 2015
Good fit and great quality. Little liter than I expected would have given 5 stars but concerned about durability

Original Nuun Active: Hydrating Electrolyte Tablets, Citrus Berry Mix, Box of 4 Tubes
Price: $24.81
7 used & new from $24.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, March 22, 2015
Good stuff

Men's Swiss Army Style Watchband - Color Black Size: 18mm Watch Band - by JP Leatherworks
Offered by The Watchband Store
Price: $11.95

3.0 out of 5 stars The band is great and fits the watch but gave it three stars ..., March 22, 2015
The band is great and fits the watch but gave it three stars because no pins included. One would think think they would make that clear in the description.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3