Profile for T. T. Ming > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. T. Ming RSS Feed

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Lime Green
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Lime Green

5.0 out of 5 stars light clicks and smooth wheel, September 27, 2011
Initially I can't get used to the light clicks but subsequently find that helps relieve the tiredness on my fingers. The smooth wheel is also a good feature. Its fast and precise. This mouse is pretty silent given its soft click and smooth roller.

Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Green) (Old Model)
3 used & new from $129.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for butter finger, July 20, 2011
I was attracted to this camera because it has waterproof and shock proof. I got this for my daughter and takes video of her in the swimming lesson. The videos are very useful for stroke correction.
The shock proof feature is also useful for children as they tend to drop whatever they hold. With the 6020 I can be sure the camera would come back working after going field trip. After using this green 6020 for a month, I bought another blue 6020 for my son.

The image quality is what one would expect out of a normal point and shoot camera. Jpg artifact seem pretty strong and picture quality is only acceptable up to ISO 800. As far as P&S image quality is concern, I still prefer my old 6MP Fuji F31fd.

One irritating point is that the LCD and metal surface tend to get scratched easily. My plastic body Fuji Z33WP seem to attract less scratch.

Battery+Charger for Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 8000 8010
Battery+Charger for Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 8000 8010
Offered by OptimumSolution
Price: $8.57
8 used & new from $3.55

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprises, July 20, 2011
There is no surprises. It works as expected.

When I receive the product, the battery adapter was not properly assembled onto the body of the charger. Simple sliding in-out action solve the problem.

Panasonic 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6 Lumix G Vario MEGA OIS Zoom Micro Four Thirds Lens for Panasonic and Olympus Micro Four Thirds Cameras
Price: $269.00
26 used & new from $184.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lens at affordable price, February 13, 2010
I have been using this product frequently for my recent 3 weeks visit to California. I'm satisfied with the product because:
1. I have been using film cameras for almost 20years and had recently switched to Panasonic G1 because I want to maintain compatibility with my bunch of Leica M lenses and Nikon lenses. The smallness and lightness of the system impresses me.
2. Never have I dreamed of holding a 400mm FOV with my hand and tracking birds in the air and capturing candid shots. I tried fixing the G1 to the monster 400mm F2.8 Nikon and find it totally not feasible for hand held shots. I must admit a more direct comparison would be to 80-200mm f2.8 which I also tried and dreaded the weight.
3. The pana 45-200mm is compact and could fit into my jacket. There is no need to use a camera back during my recent trip to California since the camera + kit lens can be slung and one pocket holds the 45-200mm lens and the other holds the spare battery which I also purchased from Amazon.
4. The built in OIS also helps me capture shots at lower shutter speed. This is an present surprise since there isn't any OIS function during the old film days.
5. I'd shot birds, scenery, candid and sports (ICE hockey) and find the image to be sharp. Most of the unacceptable image are result of high ISO (more than 800), using OIS during panning and low shutter speed (In my opinion, setting it to 1/500sec at Shutter priority for this lens is safe enough for most situations)
6. The small aperture is a downside of this lens, I would not because penalize this because this is a calculated decision as I wanted a portable system. Furthermore, there is nothing to complain about for such low price.

Panasonic DMW-BLB13 Battery for G10K, G1K, G2K, GF1, GF1C, GF1K, GH1K Panasonic Micro Four Thirds Cameras - Retail Packaging
Offered by danicamera
Price: $14.99
18 used & new from $4.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery life, February 13, 2010
I'd purchased this for few weeks and had used it for few cycles of charges. To my surprise, the battery life is more than I expected. I shot and save picture using jpeg+raw mode and uses 14-45mm and 45-200mm lens interchangeably. With these combinations, I managed to get more than 500 short per charge (or more than 1000 saved files). I'm very satisfied with this product.