Profile for Robert Kall > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 283

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Kall "Rob Kall of Opednews.com" RSS Feed (Newtown, PA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Domination and the Arts of Resistance: Hidden Transcripts
Domination and the Arts of Resistance: Hidden Transcripts
by James C. Scott
Price: $18.92
73 used & new from $9.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Fascinating, April 13, 2014
If you want to get some insights into the power, domination and how the public and private scripts are used and how they affect the balance of power, this is an extraordinary book

Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives
DVD
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, inspiring video and information, April 13, 2014
This video led me to make major changes in my eating lifestyle. Those changes will probably add years and quality to my life. I've recommended it to many people and bought this one for a friend, since I originally saw it on netflix. (I don't think it is currently available there.

The basic message is that it is better to use diet than surgery to get healthier.

Scramble With Friends Free
Scramble With Friends Free
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to become addicted, November 25, 2013
This review is from: Scramble With Friends Free (App)
prepare to become addicted.
I like the challenge games where you compete with a lot of other people. At two minutes, it's a great short break.

Huffington Post
Huffington Post
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it every day, November 25, 2013
This review is from: Huffington Post (App)
I read it just about every day. They're fast on the uptake, covering breaking news quickly, from a progressive slant. And they have a sense of humor too.

SYNC Calorie Activity Tracker
SYNC Calorie Activity Tracker
Offered by SteelCityGame
Price: $6.84
19 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars not friendly enough, November 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The price is right for this but it's just way too much hassle. I want something really simple and seamless that flows with my life. There are too many steps to make this work right. I'm an inventor, a software architect and pretty tech savvy. This comes with directions that made me wince and the controls may be good for engineers, but not for me.

It is small, has a long batter charge and I imagine that for people who are into details, patient and willing to do a lot of steps to save a few bucks, it will work okay. I really hate to give a 2 star rating, but I just didn't like it. It was not okay. On the other hand, I am sure I'll find someone who will be happy to take it and use it-- someone more patient than I am. I'm back on the market for an activity tracker, and I'll probably pay more than this one sells for.

Vitamin D3 1000 IU, 360 Mini Softgels (GMO-free, Preservative-free, Soy-free, USP Grade Natural Vitamin D in Organic Olive Oil)
Offered by BuyHerbs
Price: $9.95
4 used & new from $6.71

4.0 out of 5 stars easy, good stuff, October 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm no expert on vitamins or supplements, but I really like the way they are made, without GMO, preservatives or soy.
These are tiny little gel pills that go down easy.
Good product!

I'd give it a five but I'm not an expert and I don't feel that confident rating it except for my personal perceptions and experience.

Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 Wireless Hi-Fi Earbud Headphones with Charging Case - Compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android, and Other Leading Smart Devices - White
Offered by ACTIONPRO
Price: $74.07
34 used & new from $58.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, October 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First the good news. The sound quality is excellent.
But I got this for a tech savvy friend whose standard iPhone ear-buds were dying, so she was really motivated to get it to work.

But we never got it to work for her. The instructions weren't very friendly or intuitive. The system, with the charger and wireless part were klugey and not as convenient as the blue-tooth single-ear devices I have. I'd talk to her and half the time there were problems, so, eventually she discarded them as more hassle than they were worth.

I really wanted this to work. We were disappointed it didn't. I can't recommend this product.

Spying on Democracy: Government Surveillance, Corporate Power and Public Resistance (City Lights Open Media)
by Heidi Boghosian
Price: $11.38
94 used & new from $6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, terrifying-- a must-read book for these times, September 28, 2013
Heidi Boghosian has written a brilliant, powerful expose, spelling out how the surveillance and police state has metastasized throughout far too much of our culture.
Each chapter details different ways government agencies and police are out of control, damaging, dangerous threats to democracy.

Every member of congress should read a copy. Problem is, too many members of congress have forgotten they represent the american people, and not the military intelligence, insurance complex.

I did an interview with Heidi on my radio show.

Smarter Than You Think: How Technology is Changing Our Minds for the Better
Smarter Than You Think: How Technology is Changing Our Minds for the Better
by Clive Thompson
Price: $19.26
115 used & new from $0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting approach, August 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a book that has really piqued my interest. It's approach to assessing and discussing how the web and smartphones, primarily, are helping us in positive ways is a useful exercise in big picture thinking. It's a good enough book that I'm planning to have the author on my radio show, Rob Kall Bottom Up Radio. Frankly, I select about five percent of the authors of the books I evaluate to have on my show. They have to bring a new perspective, write and think creatively and smartly and challenge me to make the cut. This one has done all of those.

Ansmann 1001-0005-US Powerline 4 Professional Battery Charger, Tester and Maintenance Device
Price: $40.13
10 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, fast and smart, August 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a handy, fast charger that I was able to use with the rechargeable batteries I already have. I like that it shows you as each battery is charging up. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was it was not as intuitive as I would like, since I hate reading directions. Even so, I managed to figure out how to get it to work and charge up the batteries that needed charging.

This is a very useful tool that is much better than the dumb battery chargers I was using. I am definitely going to be using this one instead of the ones I had.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20