Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Phaseout > Reviews

Browse

Phaseout's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Phaseout RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Cover
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Cover
6 used & new from $45.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Magnetic Cover but too expensive., January 6, 2015
Great magnetic cover with several levels of adjustable height. Fits perfectly on the tablet. Constructed well. Somewhat expensive for what it does though.

Franklin Sports NFL New York Giants Deluxe Youth Uniform Set, Small
Franklin Sports NFL New York Giants Deluxe Youth Uniform Set, Small
Price: $31.99
20 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Numbers peel off, January 6, 2015
The uniform is okay but the numbers don't stick well and fall off right away. Not worth the expensive price.

iPad Air 2 Case, LUVVITT® CLARITY Soft Skin TPU Rubber Back Cover for iPad Air 2 - Crystal Clear

1.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, January 6, 2015
If you ever wanted the the closest thing to not having a case this is it. Wonderful case that really adds almost no bulk to the device.

Nvidia Shield Tablet Case - Exact NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Case [SLENDER Series] - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet (8-inch 2014 Model) Black
Offered by Smart Shop Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case but poorly made., January 6, 2015
Good case but poorly made. Has magnetic on/off which is nice. My cover started to rip after 2 weeks so I cant recommend it.

Omate TrueSmart 3G Android Smart Watch - Black
Omate TrueSmart 3G Android Smart Watch - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars A great concept flawed by a tiny screen and poor battery life, January 6, 2015
On paper the Omate Truesmart is a dream for gadget lovers. Whats not to love about a well built standalone smartwatch running a full (albeit older android OS). Its fast and responsive and once you load google playstore on it youre all set with thousands of apps to play with on its sapphire coated 1.54" display.

The watch is well constructed with a metal casing and decent rubber strap. It's made better than the dozens of its clones out there.

Considering the tiny screen it manages to execute tasks really well. However the problems really come out when trying to type. the standard keyboard is comes with is pretty good and gets the job done but it leaves little to no room for seeing the message you're typing. Text messaging especially. On top of that the watch has a poor 240x240 resolution which is not great when looking at tiny text.

Battery life is below average. This thing wont last a day. With mild to moderate use I went to work at 8am and got home at 6. The watch was down to 6%. Standby time is also poor. I left it overnight and the batter wend down by 30% overnight.

I really wanted this watch to be great but there are too many shortcomings.

NEPTUNE Pine 16GB Smartwatch - Retail Packaging - Black
NEPTUNE Pine 16GB Smartwatch - Retail Packaging - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars A great concept executed terribly, January 6, 2015
My Pine arrived in a nice high quality box, packaged really well (unlike most android watches from China). I was impressed with the high quality plastic used for the device. The band is a high quality rubber. This thing will never break.

Unfortunately that's where the positives ended.

The device is absolutely huge. I am a big guy and I thought it was too big to wear on a daily basis. The wrist strap is so wide that it feels like im wearing 3 watches. Overall this feels like a wrist blood pressure monitor and looks like it as well.

Upon turning it on the first thing you'll notice is the incredibly lo-rez display for a screen of its size. Everything looks terrible. On top of that the touch does not have great response especially when trying to press buttons near he bottom. I had a terrible time dialing and trying to hit the "0".

Other than that it works like a typical low end older android phone running android 4.2, though I did have to load the playstore on my own by downloading an APK for it in order to download apps going forward. One other thing to note, using ATT is had to mess with the sim card carrier settings in order for the data to work.

There is deinitely a coolness factor for gadget lovers for this device. I just felt it could have been executed much better.

inWatch Z Watch Phone - Android 4.2, IP57, 1.63 Inch Transflective Sapphire Material Screen, Bone Conduction Speaker, SIM Slot

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay watch but Google Play Store crashes, January 5, 2015
This watch arrived in messy packaging. The box looked like it was opened though it looked to be sealed. Inside was the watch that looked like it was covered in packing tape for protection along with really cheap looking accessories. The watch itself is very well made. I'd say better than the Omate Truesmart.

When I turned it on it appears someone had already started the watch and changed the language to English though there are some system apps and the weather clock on the home screen which seem like they a stuck in Chinese.

The screen display is pretty nice and does run a full android however there is no way to load apps since there is no apps store and this is where the dealbreaker happened for me. I backloaded the latest version of the google play store and guess what, the play store crashed. I tried several things in the settings and it continued to crash. This makes the watch unusable for me. I dont know if there are some techniques for getting the play store to run but I was unable to find anything on the web or in the settings.

Without a working google play store this watch is useless to me.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate camera bag with one huge exception., December 11, 2013
If you're over 170lb it probably wont fit you. The strap is tiny and barely adjustable. If you have a medium to large build forget it.

Aside from not being able to use it the bag is perfect. its made from a high grade material and offers good protection. Has tons of pockets where you want them. Has an easy zipper to provide access to the main camera compartments and really is an amazing bag if it fits you. I also loved the ipad storage it provides.

Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN- Sony E 330965
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN- Sony E 330965
22 used & new from $149.33

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value for a tack sharp lens, April 22, 2012
I have been using this lens with my NEX-7 for about a week. I am honestly amazed every time I pixel peep photos taken with this lens. It is razor sharp. For a $200 dollar lens I am getting photos sharper than my $1000 Zeiss 24 1.8. Sure the Zeiss is a superior lens in almost every aspect and equals sharpness once the aperture is stopped down a bit but it costs $900 dollars more and is roughly twice the size.

The build quality of the Sigma is decent and it has a wonderful smooth, thick focus ring, perfect for manual focus adjustment. The plastic matte finish does not look cheap and it does have a metal mount. The size is very compact making it the smallest NEX lens minus the 16mm 2.8 which is not nearly as sharp. It has average macro capabilities focusing from about a foot away so dont buy this lens with the thought of macro work. The lens feels like something loose inside the barrel but it has no impact on image quality and is consistent with all lenses. It is not superfast to autofocus and there is hunting in low light but I can blame this more on the camera. It is definitely not an action lens but I dont know many people using 30mm primes for action.

The best quality of this lens is it's image quality and in my opinion that is the single biggest factor in determining a good lens. I would love it to have larger than an f/2.8 aperture for a shallower depth of field and more usability in low light but for $200 it more than satisfies and 2/8 is still significantly large to achieve decent depth of field. Highly recommended lens.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2012 10:21 AM PDT

Fujifilm X-Pro 1 16MP Digital Camera with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor (Body Only)
Fujifilm X-Pro 1 16MP Digital Camera with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor (Body Only)
Price: $799.01
20 used & new from $389.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so great., April 18, 2012
I've now had the X-pro 1 + 35 f1.4 for about a week. I have been through alot of cameras in my life but I have never been so torn about a camera before. I really want to love this camera.

The build quality, the retro design, the size, the weight. All perfect! Short of my 5D Mark III this cameras IQ is superior to any camera I have ever used. It's high ISO capabilities are legendary. The photos are clear and crisp and look great in most cases. The autofocus, while somewhat sluggish, I find it to be decent enough and more accurate than the X100. Q menu is an awesome addition.

All these positives I mentioned would seem like enough right? Then why Fuji would you create such a mess with the rest of the camera? So close to perfection, yet so far away.

Chattering aperture blades that can drive a person mad. I shot a company party and was getting looks from coworkers asking me what was wrong with my camera. Aside from that, autofocus is extremely loud, the EVF is sluggish and slow to update. The shutter speed dial is very stiff and hard to rotate while looking though the VF. The customization is so limited. you are only allowed to customize the FN button, while the control dial which is the best dial on the camera remains dormant, unused and non programmable. The arrows buttons, also cannot be customized. Missing a live exposure preview for aperture and shutter speed like all other fuji cameras. Focus by wire renders the manual focus of the lenses virtually useless for anything other than fine tuning. Various memory card problems. Minimum shutter speed cannot be set rendering auto ISO useless.

I just dont understand how a company that creates cameras and lenses with such fine optics screws up the most basic features that so many lesser cameras get right. And they do it with one camera, and then repeat many of the same exact mistakes the following year. It's heartbreaking to have to return this camera but I cannot justify the price with so many bugs and design flaws. What a shame. Kudos to you folks that can overlook the negatives as I am truly jealous and will shake my head in disappointment every time I see someone carrying this black beauty in their hands with thoughts of what might have been.

If Fuji can address the majority of the issues I mentioned I would be glad to change my review to 5 stars and instantly buy one again. One can hope.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2012 6:39 AM PDT