Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Odena T. Smith > Reviews

Browse

Odena T. Smith's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Odena T. Smith RSS Feed (Connecticut)

Sing Along with the Weather Dude
Sing Along with the Weather Dude
by Nick Walker
Price: $15.98
17 used & new from $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Educational, December 26, 2007
I ordered this book and CD when I was homeschooling my children and we were studying weather. They loved it. We listened to it over and over and they learned a lot of fascinating facts. The wonderful thing about this CD is that they still want to listen to it even though we finished our weather unit almost a year ago.

On Becoming Baby Wise, Book 1: Learn How Over One Million Babies Were Trained to Sleep Through the Night the Natural Way
by Gary Ezzo
221 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book describes Interactive Parenting, March 22, 2001
When my son was born I was taught to feed him when he was hungry. We were told not to wake him up if he was sleeping. Consequently, we didn't feed him enough because he slept too much at first. Babies do not know what they need, it is our job as parents to supply their needs in appropriate quantities. We did not read BabyWise until my son was a month old. By this time we had gone through the first stage where he slept and did not eat, then he started eating all the time and I was nursing constantly. I was a wreck. When I read this book, I learned to put my son on a schedule. This does not mean ignoring him or not responding to his needs. It does mean taking the active role of a parent and supplying the babies needs without over supplying these needs. After we started using this book our sons temperament changed to one of a happy baby who knew that he would be fed and taken care of. Consequently, he did not have to fret and cry because he knew we were there for him. He is now 16 months old and loves to go to bed and eats very well. He is very healthy and was always a super chubby baby (even on a schedule). This book did not make my life easier by letting me ignore my child. In fact, it made it harder by having to stick to a schedule myself and find other methods of soothing the baby instead of sticking a bottle in his mouth.