Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for Zachariah Allen > Reviews

Browse

Zachariah Allen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zachariah Allen RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
[540 Days Warranty] Anker® 4400mAh Replacement Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300, T999(T-Mobile), I747(AT&T), I535(Verizon), R530(U.S. Cellular), L710(Sprint), fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet, with Dark Blue Cover
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine. But, July 9, 2015
A battery is a battery is a battery. This one gives me at least two days of my juice-gorging Android device. Thank you Google. The only problem is the thickness of the battery. It is the thickness of two batteries, hence it comes with its own back cover. Fine. But, my hands free bracket in the car is not designed for such a thick phone. Beware. It you use a clamp type holder in the car to hold the phone, hitting a bump in the road may eject the phone onto the floor of the car. There is nothing to be done about that, just be aware.

Caleb's Crossing: A Novel
Caleb's Crossing: A Novel
by Geraldine Brooks
Price: $18.65
376 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A capitivating story of our earliest, colonial days in New England., December 20, 2014
This book will capture you immediately. At least, it captured me. I have spent some time on Martha's Vineyard and I know the setting for the book well. This book brought a new perspective to me for that area and its extraordinary history. The book is a historical novel, not a history book. Ms Brooks takes the few known facts about a young native American, a member of the Aquinnah branch of the Wampanoag tribe, and creates a compelling story. It weaves her research of the customs and condition of the Aquinnah and the customs and condition of the English missionaries who settled the New England colonies into a compelling story that seems very real. When I finished the book I felt I had been there and had known the people.

Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War
Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A must read book for its insights., December 20, 2014
This is a book I hope everyone reads. That is not because it is brilliantly written but because it is very important history. Mr. Gates wrote early after leaving a very difficult job. His self assessment in the book is defensive. With time I expect he will gain perspective.
I am not critical of him or how he did his job. And that is really secondary to the importance of the book. One needs to read between the lines a bit, but his insights into how things worked, or didn't, especially how things worked at the White House under two Presidents is very helpful to us who have no contact with that other than the careful media picture we are presented. Frankly, it is troubling.

Theme From Schindler's List
Theme From Schindler's List

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful piece of music, performed brilliantly that sets the tone., December 20, 2014
One of the best movie scores ever. Of course, it never hurts to have the BSO as the "pit orchestra" and Maestro Perlman as the violin soloist. When I saw the movie, of course until the credits at the end, I had no idea of who and what the music was. All I could think throughout the movie was, this score is phenomenal. In the end, we know that the pressure on the music was tremendous as it had to come up to the standards of the movie itself. And, it does.

Octopus: Sam Israel, the Secret Market, and Wall Street's Wildest Con
Octopus: Sam Israel, the Secret Market, and Wall Street's Wildest Con
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, December 14, 2014
Worth reading to understand the modern white collar criminal. The book is engaging.

The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914
The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914
by Christopher Clark
Price: $21.15
150 used & new from $4.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Dense to read, but worth it., December 14, 2014
This book is so crammed with facts that it is hard to retain. The book is dense. The research was incredible. Taken together with The War that Ended Peace, one starts to understand how we got into WW1 and how we are committing all the same mistakes all over again.

The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914
The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914
by Margaret MacMillan
75 used & new from $6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars How we set up to fail at peace., December 14, 2014
This is a MUST READ book, just as her Paris 1918 is. She writes extremely well. The content will surprise you as to how current it is, even though describing events nearly 100 years ago.

The Loudest Voice in the Room: How the Brilliant, Bombastic Roger Ailes Built Fox News--and Divided a Country
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars how TV news got bad, December 14, 2014
A very interesting documentation of what is wrong with today's news, and how it got that way. The book is about Roger Ailes (Fox News), but MSNBC and CNN are no better. I call CNN "Commercials, Not News." The anchors recruited by Ailes and his imitators are lightweights, selected for their eye appeal, not their gray matter.
Good book. We written and engaging.

Desert Queen
Desert Queen
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the book is full of very interesting observations about Iraq ..., December 14, 2014
This review is from: Desert Queen (Kindle Edition)
the book is full of very interesting observations about Iraq and surrounding countries. Although she lived 100 years ago, the observations she makes could have been made today. Our actions in the Middle East, especially Iraq tells me that, for the price of this book, our government could have saved a lot of blood and treasure had they read about Ms, Bell.
A MUST READ.

Connectland 3.5" Drive Bay Internal Card Reader, 3 Front Panels Includes (CL-CRD20036)
Price: $10.44
15 used & new from $10.43

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend this to my worst enemy, December 14, 2014
Sorry to say, I would not recommend this to my worst enemy. It was installed on a new computer I had assembled for me. Only the Compact Flash card reader works. The rest do not. Even if they did, I find this a difficult card reader to use, although I was hoping an internal unit would work better than the external ones I had used before.
The cards go in bottom side up, which is not obvious when first using the reader. The fits are not precise. In the end, only one of the slots was functional. The rest were not. When I asked the computer tech who built the computer for me about it, he said it was not uncommon for those readers not to work. But, they are cheap, so it is easier to swap out the defective one for a new one. That, of course, begs the point. Why have a tailor made computer that doesn't work. I told the tech, get another product line. These are terrible.
And, there is no support.
Save yourself a headache and give this company a wide berth.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4