Profile for K. Bala > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Bala "K. Bala" RSS Feed (Cincinnati, OH)

Reunion: How We Heal Our Broken Connection to the Earth
Reunion: How We Heal Our Broken Connection to the Earth
by Ellen Gunter
30 used & new from $1.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, September 9, 2010
I have been gradually educating myself on spiritual & environmental topics for years now but sometimes have felt confused or defeated as to explanations & solutions. Reunion: How We Heal Our Broken Connection to the Earth gives us simple action steps to take as individuals & communities; it motivated me to write this review & begin conversations about the signs going on all around us. Watching the news is a whole new experience for me now, recognizing signs like pumpkins not growing the way they had in years past; all these little things that add up & have been more & more in recent years. It also gives a history as to how we have come to be in this eco-predicament in the first place. Since the first World War we have been fighting over oil; I was finally able to wrap my head around history taught to me for years in school that I just memorized but didn't understand. Everything is documented & even opposing points of view are noted. Another great part of this book is identifying & explaining the spiritual connection to ourselves & how it is mirrored on the Earth. By the end of this book you will be motivated to take action yourself instead of waiting on someone else (or some corporation/government) to do something about it. This will book will give you your power back if you have lost it; I highly recommend!!

Step-By-Step Wedding Photography: Techniques for Professional Photographers
Step-By-Step Wedding Photography: Techniques for Professional Photographers
by Damon Tucci
33 used & new from $3.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Choice!, April 27, 2009
This is a good starting point for wedding photography; it touches on an overview of the ins & outs of the basics. I read this before my first wedding shoot (an informal, almost "practice" wedding -the brides 3rd time around) & I noticed things like the "Aunt Edna" syndrome coming into play, where everyone thinks their a photographer & wants to "help". By far planning is key & this book helps you to do so! That being said, this book would be most helpful for the beginning wedding photographer (but not necessarily for the beginning photographer).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2009 5:42 AM PDT