Profile for H. McCarty > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. McCarty RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Mohu Leaf Paper-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in USA
Mohu Leaf Paper-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in USA
Price: $35.99
23 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works good for picking up the local HD, December 10, 2013
Works great on my spare TV. About as I expected. Nothing negative to say. It isPretty hilly where I live.

#10 WINTERIZING PLUG 1 1/2 & 2 PIPE
#10 WINTERIZING PLUG 1 1/2 & 2 PIPE
Offered by Mark's Pool Store
Price: $6.98
3 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended., December 10, 2013
Worked perfect for my 24' Above ground. However I took it back out and just undid the piping like I did the previous years as I didn't trust the water build up to not break the PVC. It definitely worked though if that is what you are looking for!

-Shay

TV Lamp XL-2200U for SONY KDF-55WF655, KDF-55XS955, KDF-60WF655, KDF-60XS955, KDF-E55A20, KDF-E60A20
Offered by Exclusivebulbs
Price: $26.03
24 used & new from $22.32

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a bright TV again!!, December 10, 2013
My WEGA is about 7-8 years old. I have had this lamp sitting around and finally decided to put it in. It is seriously a 5-10 minute job. The lamp is replaced from the front of the TV, not the back so it's as easy as taking 2 big plastic screws off the front plate and then a big plastic screw to open into the housing. After that, there is an allen screw to the left, loosen that with the provided allen wrench then the lamp wiggles right out. I cleaned the glass that the lamp butts up to and then slid this one right in and replaced the allen screw. It really is stupidly simple.

As others noted, it takes a good 15-20 second for the brightness to appear. I don't recall that when I first got the TV but that was a while ago. But wow is it BRIGHT! at 30 some odd dollars, if I get a year or two, I'll be happy.

If the lamp starts getting weird like others posted, I'll edit this comment. If I don't edit it, assume all is well!

Intex Floating Comfort Lounge
Intex Floating Comfort Lounge
Price: $14.99
8 used & new from $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Deflated after about a week., August 6, 2013
Unfortunately this deflated after about a week. If it had lasted, it would have been a 5 star as it was pretty comfortable. It was left tied up in the pool(Basically my warming garden hose draped over it) but we have several other pool toys as well and they have lasted all summer without issue. We may have just got a bad Seam. I did not hassle with returning it as it is only $11 and free prime shipping. I would buy one again at the price but might just wait till next summer.

Razer Naga Hex MOBA PC Gaming Mouse - Green
Razer Naga Hex MOBA PC Gaming Mouse - Green
Price: $69.99
52 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my mouse!!! NAGA HEX, March 26, 2012
I absolutely love this mouse. I purchased the NAGA 17 button 2 months ago and just could not get used to it. I also bought the G700 and that was ok but too heavy for me. I didn't want to shell out 70 bucks for a new mouse but I finally talked myself into it and I am GLAD I did!

I tend to claw grip my mouse and pivot on my wrist bone(right side) and I have smaller hands.

I play mostly MMO's and currently back to WoW. Keep in mind I still cannot press the buttons correctly on my NAGA 17 button. With this mouse,within minutes, I was pressing all 9 buttons like I had the mouse for months! The buttons are just laid out so nice. Also the fact that they stick out more help a lot. The two buttons behind the mouse wheel are great for me to hit with my pointer finger.

I originally had the original wow mouse and LOVED it. However I could only hit the top four buttons on that and two on the side plus the side button started sticking. I would say I like this Naga Hex mouse even more than that one.

Ok back to this mouse..The mouse comes with 3 different size pads for your thumb, they really do make a difference. I ended up liking the mid size..it is pretty close to the largest size and hard to tell which one is which by looking. The small one was too thin and I could not pick the mouse up very well with it. I like to grip the mouse.

As far as the 1-6 buttons, I rock my thumb forward and easily hit #2. I rock my thumb backwards and easily hit #5. #1 and #3, I just move my thumb up or down slightly. #4 and #6 I just bring my thumb back(up/down) slightly. The buttons are all laid out just right so that you can definitely tell a difference between them all.

I really do not have any complaints on this mouse and would recommend it to anyone wanting a lot of buttons but cannot get used to the Naga 17 button mouse. If I HAD to say what I like the least, it would be that the buttons(1-6) press in very easy. So if you tried to pick it up and had your thumb on #1, you would click it. I do, however, think that over time I will be easily trained to keep my thumb on the thumb rest. I pretty much already do but I could see it being a problem for some. They would never be pushed in moving the mouse side to side IMO.

Oh...and this mouse rocks in D3 as well. yes, I am in love.

Other notes- I run everything at stock 1800 dpi etc. I am not very technical but as far as I am concered the mouse tracks as good as any other mouse I have had. This review is mainly for comfort and ease of hitting all the buttons.

-Shaymon
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2013 11:57 AM PDT

Aleratec Female to Female 3 RCA Connector
Aleratec Female to Female 3 RCA Connector
Offered by Century Accessory
Price: $3.02
6 used & new from $3.02

5.0 out of 5 stars It works ;), November 18, 2011
This adapter worked just fine. Not much more to say other than I would recommend this purchase to anyone looking for this item.

Sony VMC20FR AV Cable
Sony VMC20FR AV Cable
Offered by EZ Electronic Mall
Price: $5.49
3 used & new from $3.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy choice, November 18, 2011
This review is from: Sony VMC20FR AV Cable (Camera)
For the price it is an easy choice. These work just fine :)

I purchased two of these and a female/female adapter to create an AV cable for my dual screen DVD player in our minivan. worked like a charm!

Philips PD9016/37 9-inch Portable LCD  Dual DVD player
Philips PD9016/37 9-inch Portable LCD Dual DVD player
Offered by DiscountsJungle
Price: $169.95
16 used & new from $107.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very glad I bought these! Some tips for connection, November 18, 2011
Installed in a 2011 Dodge Caravan

I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to put an above DVD player or the seats. I ultimately decided to go with the seats as it was WAY cheaper. I am glad I did.

-Install-- Install was very easy. I have yet to adjust these since I installed them 4 months ago. the only dumb thing is the AV cable they include with it..it is WAY TOO SHORT! Easily remedied though(see below)

-Clarity-- These look ok but definitely not superb. Very pixilated. I knew that when I bought it and the kids don't know any different.

Pros
-Dual players. It is SOOO nice to be able to play 2 different movies. I wouldn't have it any other way.
-We have both units on our front seats and our son in the back watches them just fine.
-Sound is sufficient and not too bothersome up front. They can get pretty loud if you need them to.

Cons- VERY MINOR CONS
-Short av cord baffles me.easy fix
-Not being able to control them up front kind of stinks but if your kids are old enough, you get used to it.
-No remote controls are a bummer. I would have paid extra to have them.
-They do kind of get in the way when your kids get into the van but they are very durable and the kids learn.
-Our two year old sometimes likes to push the buttons on the front with her feet.... A different location would have been better.

I would definitely recommend this player to anyone.

For those who do not like the short AV cord...here is what you need to get the "trip" wire fixed. I could not find a long AV cable so this was my solution. Your second screen may dim a bit more due to the length but it's not bad at all. I never did compare the two but I do know one of my screens is a bit more dim.
Total cost- Approx. $8

QTY 2 - Sony VMC20FR AV Cable
[...]

QTY 1 - Female to Female 3 RCA Connector
[...]

-Shay
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2013 12:00 PM PDT

Diztronic High Gloss Smoke Flexible TPU Case for Motorola Droid Bionic 4G (Verizon) - Retail Packaging
Offered by Diztronic
Price: $5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job, November 18, 2011
I have never been fan of phone sleeves/cases. I don't drop my phones and I keep them in my pocket. I didn't like the feel of my bionic so I purchased this for some more grip. Well it actually makes the phone more slick as in it will fall off my lap easier :) not a big deal.

The case fits great. One reason I dislike cases is I often take my battery out(daily). This case comes off and goes on so easy that there is NO issues.

-Durable--- the case is very durable. It is soft to the touch but pretty solid. Ironically I did drop my phone after having this case on :) The case didn't even get marked..
-Size-- The case does not make the phone much bigger. it is pretty slim. maybe 3/16"-1/8" thick.
-Functionality-- it fits well and all the bottuns are easily pressed. No issues.
-Color-- I really like the smoke color on the Bionic. it looks great IMO.

I would definitely buy another one and recommend anyone on the fence about putting a case on to purchase this one.

OES Genuine W0133-1847765-OES Antenna Mast
OES Genuine W0133-1847765-OES Antenna Mast
Price: $34.92
2 used & new from $33.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, November 18, 2011
I put this on my 2001 2.8T Passat. It works just as well as the stock and looks the same. Can't beat the price!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2013 12:45 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2