Profile for Tracy Quinn McLennan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tracy Quinn McLennan RSS Feed (Shrewsbury, MA, United States)

Outwitting Deer: 101 Truly Ingenious Methods and Proven Techniques to Prevent Deer from Devouring Your Garden and Destroying Your Yard
by Bill Adler
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book got rid of my deer, November 27, 2000
I have read dozens of books on how to get rid of deer from your garden and found this one the most helpful and pleasurable to read. The author's sense of humor helps what would otherwise be a dry, boring subject. I found myself laughing and saying aloud, "Yes, he understands!"
Adler knows what a tremendous problem the overpopulation of deer has become in America, and he has gone to the best source for helping eradicate the problem in our own homes: REAL PEOPLE. I appreciated that Adler consulted with people who have tried and succeeded (or in some cases failed) to rid their yards and gardens of deer and shares with his readers how they did it.
In Maryland, where I live, we have a serious problem with deer, and I, too, was tired of wasting time and money feeding them with the best of what my garden had to offer. I employed several of Adler's suggestions and found my garden a lot more lush than ever before.
Adler hits his readers with a dose of common sense and compassion. He tells us to talk with our neighbors and try different plants to see if the specific deer in our area like to eat them or not. Deer can be as picky as your average four-year-old at the dinner table. The trick is to plant what those deer in your area will not eat.
Alder's extensive product list as well as contact information made work easy. All I had to do was pick a couple techniques I wanted to use and I was soon outsmarting these creatures.
As Adler says, no one technique will rid your homes of these ever-hungry deer, but with his helpful hints, homemade remedies, and deer-resistant plant list, I think anyone who seriously tries to outwit deer can do so with his book. I recommend buying his book today and reading it before you plant next year's spring garden.

The Literary Agent's Guide to Getting Published And Making Money from Your Writing
by Bill Adler
36 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and enlightening book with practical advice, March 24, 2000
What I really like about this book is that it provides practical, real-world advice. The section of the book with remarks by actual editors is especially helpful. This is the single best book on how to get published that I've ever read. Bill Adler also has a fluid, entertaining writing style that's a pleasure to read.