Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Kids Halloween
Profile for BigMommaD > Reviews

BigMommaD's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BigMommaD RSS Feed (fort lauderdale, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DJI Phantom FC40 Quadcopter with Wi-Fi FPV Video Camera (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Camrise
Price: $549.00
8 used & new from $420.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned this product due to bad customer service from manufacturer., August 7, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my husband's 40th birthday. When I received it, it seemed like it may have been one that was previously returned as the packaging seemed like it had been opened before. The gift was received well, but the second issue was no user manual or instructions of any kind. So we searched online and figured out what to do with it. When we put it together, there were 7 screws missing. We cobbled it together anyway and took it for a fly around the neighborhood; the thing was pretty cool. However, the real problems began when we attempted to contact the manufacturer to get them to send the missing 7 screws. As several other reviewers have indicated, customer service was a joke! We just assumed they would send out the 7 measly, tiny screws without any problems. They argued and argues with as that, as we did not buy it directly from them, that they would not send us anything. So we decided to vote for their customer service with our pocket book, and just returned the product. There's no way that we were getting stuck with a $500 toy that the manufacturer refuses to provide any level of support for!

Modern Chandelier Rain Drop Lighting Crystal Ball Fixture Pendant Ceiling Lamp, H39 X W25 X Depth 10, 3 Lights, Free Shipping
Offered by KT21568
Price: $147.00
3 used & new from $146.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a steal at the price we paid., July 15, 2014
This product is not without it's flaws, but I'm giving it 5 stars because for the price it can't be beat. Flaws and all!

The light is absolutely stunning. It probably took my husband about an hour to install the brackets and such, then about 2 hours for me to attach the crystals. I did not use the pins to connect the crystals. Instead, I attached the crystals directly to the metal circles at the bottom of the wire. Much like you would attach a key to a key ring. Probably not the easiest way to do it, but it looks great. We have it on a dimmer switch and I have found myself turning it on very low when I'm not in the room just so I can catch a glimpse of it shimmering out of the corner of my eye.

The flaws that I would mention are:

1) Several of the crystals had a orange solid clay-type material stuck inside the holes where the pins go. I scraped it off of one of the crystals but didn't bother with the others. It didn't affect the function, and doesn't detract from the overall look, but someone that's more particular than I might not like it
2) One of the wires for the bottom row of crystals was slightly shorter than the others. Again, doesn't detract too much but it is noticeable. I'm sure the manufacturer will send a replacement if we ask.
3) We do not like the appearance of the top of the fixture (the kind of mesh-looking part). When the lights are on, you can see inside to the bare mechanism and sockets and such. We plan on fixing it (eventually) by flush-mounting the fixture to the ceiling.

Over all, for the price we paid, it's fantastic. My son and a friend were awestruck when they saw it. My son asked how much it cost so I told them to guess. He went with $1,000. His friend guessed $800. I'd say that makes $150 quite a steal.

Integra Plastic Sharpener, Oval, 2-1/8-Inch, Assorted (ITA42850)
Integra Plastic Sharpener, Oval, 2-1/8-Inch, Assorted (ITA42850)
Price: $3.75
14 used & new from $1.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of garbage, August 15, 2013
The first time my son tried to use it, the sharpener and the lid came apart. Piece of trash, don't waste your money.

Wishful Drinking
Wishful Drinking
by Carrie Fisher
218 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A memoir from someone with little memory?, January 16, 2009
This review is from: Wishful Drinking (Hardcover)
I expected this book to have some insight into fisher's childhood, what led her down the path of alcoholism and shock-therapy treatment, and what those experiences were like for her. Instead, it's a short series of often not-funny disconnected one-liners. At the end of some paragraphs I expected a short-drum-roll, followed by "Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week, ladies and gentleman". It appears to be, as some people have already noted, a transcript of her one-man show which does not translate at all well to paper.

Fisher reveals at the start of the book that the shock-therapy treatment left her with little memories and that the purpose of writing her book was an attempt to try and recapture some of them. Well, that's fine as a therapy exercise, but don't then try and pawn it off as a revealing autobiograpghy. It took me about 2-hours to finish this extremely short book and gained nothing from my experience. That's $20 and 2-hours of my life that I will never get back; don't waste your money or your time on this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2009 12:08 PM PST

Matchbox Mega Rig Space Rover
Matchbox Mega Rig Space Rover
Offered by Amazing Plush
Price: $19.99
12 used & new from $17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful toy; great even without its batteries!!!, January 9, 2009
My son and I love ALL the mega rig toys. This one comes complete with an astronaut and an alien; the alien has little sucker pads enabling you to stick him to any surface which is cool. You can push the rocket down so that it's horizontal and pointing forwards; a simple push of the button on the side flips the rocket to its upright position ready to launch. Your child can then stomp on the attached 'moon rock' (actually a squishy air-filled rubber part) to launch the air-powered rocket (no batteries required for this). It goes so high my 5-year old has hit the ceiling several times (the rocket is light enough and foam-tipped to prevent any damage). The toy does take batteries, but when I suggested to my son that we put some in he told me that he didn't want them. Hallelujah; no batteries. I almost cried for joy!!!

This is a wondeful toy; durable, educational (my son now wants to visit NASA), and fun for all ages. He played with his 9-year old cousin for many hours with this. Would highly recommend.

The Dark Knight Wayne Tech Mega Cape Accessory
The Dark Knight Wayne Tech Mega Cape Accessory

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for little budding batmans; I just hope they hold up., November 24, 2008
Our son (almost 5) has been asking santa for these for a couple of months now. Given the exhorbitant price tag ($40) we held off thinking that he would forget about them. It's now the only thing he's asking santa for so we figured we'd better get him a pair ($28 at TRU with a 20% coupon which we didn't think was so bad). Given all the negative reviews, mom thought she'd better check them out first.
When taken out of the box, the only assembly required is for both ends of the wing; there is a plastic rod that inserts into the joint that forms the top part of the wingspan. It seems sturdy enough but whether it will hold up to repeated openings/closing, I don't know. You put the backpack on and it seems pretty secure with a strap around the waist and a strap coming down each shoulder to connect. On each shoulder strap there's a cord; to open the wings you pull down on the cords at the same time and hey presto, they snap open to their full 5-ft wingspan. I have to say, that it's pretty impressive and I know that my budding batman is just going to think that he is the business with these things on! To retract the wings again, you pull on the cords until they are closed; for me it took about 4 pulls until they were completely closed. Whether my guy will have the patience to do this, who knows! I suspect they'll maybe do one or two pulls until it's 'good enough'; problem is they'll probably get broken from them running into something that's too narrow when they thing they've pulled the things all the way in. So, the mechanism would have been better designed with a single pull to close.

I think my son will have a blast with these on christmas day but I don't expect them to last too long. I didn't mind paying $28 for these, but think they're probably worth around $20. I made sure that I bought them from somewhere with a liberal return policy as I fully expect to be returning them broken at some point after the holidays.

Castle: Medieval Days and Knights (A Sabuda & Reinhart Pop-up Book)
Castle: Medieval Days and Knights (A Sabuda & Reinhart Pop-up Book)
by Kyle Olmon
52 used & new from $4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the great pop-ups of my childhood, November 17, 2008
I purchased this for my 4-year old as an accompaniment to the castle he's getting for christmas. I am astounded by the quality of this book; it's just like they used to make them. The popups of the castle and the knight are fantastic. The prize however belongs to the interactive pages where the child can pull on tabs to see the workers in the castle at work (hammering nails, weaving, etc), and see two knights jousting.

My son has several pop-up books but this one is the best by far. I am amazed at the quality and for the bargain price of $10 it just can't be beat. The description said that these books are essentially 'seconds' but I can't find any flaws anywhere. An overall excellent buy!

Star Wars Exclusive Limited Edition Lego Set #7681 Separatist Spider Droid
Star Wars Exclusive Limited Edition Lego Set #7681 Separatist Spider Droid
Offered by toyowl collectibles
Price: $88.00
36 used & new from $80.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun to build, not so much fun to play, November 17, 2008
From a parent's perspective this is a cool lego toy; some intricate details and good to build. However, there's not too much play factor when assembled. The droids are tiny and difficult to get to stand. The spider droid also is difficult to stand/walk unless you position the legs just so. It would be nice if there were some kind of hinge to allow the figures inside the spider droid when assembled, but alas no.

So, it was fun to build this toy. Once built, my son got about an hour's worth of play before getting bored. Now he just plays with his Commander Cody figure. V. expensive toy for 2 hours worth of play.

Finally, the price here is extortionate. I got it at TRU (which is not the cheapest store either!) for $35.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2010 4:08 AM PST

Spy Gear Ultimate Spy Watch
Spy Gear Ultimate Spy Watch
3 used & new from $92.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for boys even outside the age range, November 10, 2008
This review is from: Spy Gear Ultimate Spy Watch (Toy)
My 4-year old picked this watch out at the store. I thought it was way too old for him but it was his money, so what the hey? He wore it to bed for about a week and still likes to wear on occasion a couple of months after the purchase. He has figured out how to read our time (pressing the said button several times until it displays 'NYC'). The best feature by far for him is the secret message capsules; he loves getting me to write something for him and then giving the capsule to his Dad or sister. The capsules are too stiff for him to insert/get out of the watch by himself, but it is meant for older kids.
He has had so much fun with this watch that I bought one for my 9-year old nephew for Christmas.
If you have a budding spy in your family, don't hesitate to get this watch. In my opinion this is the kind of thing that all boys just love!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great costume except for the mask, October 9, 2008
The costume quality is great with its molded chest and belt. The only problem I have is with the mask. My son has so much difficulty in seeing out of the mask (even in daytime, and this is his halloween costume so will be trick'or'treating in the dark) that he's unable to wear it. Which is probably a good thing because the 2nd bad thing about the mask is that the bottom of it, as it's solid plastic, forms a fairly sharp edge which is pretty dangerous for a 5 year old.
If I had to do it again, I'd go for the cheaper costume with a different mask.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2015 9:40 AM PDT