Profile for Jennifer Medlock > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 390

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Medlock RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kaboom Continuous Clean System
Kaboom Continuous Clean System
Price: $12.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad - too early to tell which will win out..., November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The good, is that like others have said this is very easy to install. I like the fact that because the disc sits in the cylinder it does not leave gunk behind in the tank. In the short time that we have had it set up, it has kept the toilet clean. The bad, is that you must be able to look past the bleach smell! We have a very small bathroom, with no windows, and a small vent. I put a stronger honey suckle scented plug in to help with the bleach smell. I think only time will tell if this is worth the price!

Safe Keeping
Safe Keeping
by Barbara Taylor Sissel
Price: $11.68
61 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars the man they supposedly love, to protect Tucker, August 16, 2014
This review is from: Safe Keeping (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Emily and Lissa are both desperate to protect Tucker when another woman goes missing. Emily knows in her heart that her son was not guilty of murder before and he is in no way guilty of anything now. Lissa just pictures the brother that she grew up with and will do anything she can to protect, even if it means putting her life and her
marriage on the back burner. In Safe Keeping, the evidence just keeps mounting against Tucker. And the women in his life...his mother and sister keep steeping out and lying to their men to play detectives and try to solve Tucker's problems on their own. For heaven sakes, every time you turn around one of them was lying to their husband...the man they supposedly love, to protect Tucker...Tucker who seems to constantly screw up and do nothing to help himself. As much as I Iiked the storyline this one constant theme just became so irritating to me. I wanted to shake both of these women.

I liked the author and the concept for the story, so I am glad I read the book as I would certainly read other books by this author

Micra Digital 4-Pack Anti-Glare Screen Protector for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c
Micra Digital 4-Pack Anti-Glare Screen Protector for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had to leave this screen protector on for awhile to see what I thought of it, as the protector I had before this one was a privacy screen protector. The privacy one was darker and much thicker, but it didn't last. So, I got this one and new that it would not be as thick so it would probably bubble going on...and it did, but not as much as I thought it would. I think this was a good quality protector. It has a very clear screen which took some getting used to after my previous one. I have a tendency to throw my phone in my purse and my old phone cover scratched quickly. This one I have had for awhile and no scratches, so that is a good sign. I do miss the privacy feature of the old screen, but I believe this protector will hold up better in the long run. It came with several in the package which is nice in today's world where your getting 1 protector for upwards of $25.

Cop Town: A Novel
Cop Town: A Novel
by Karin Slaughter
Price: $15.51
191 used & new from $3.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite...., June 11, 2014
This review is from: Cop Town: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Cop Town is set in Atlanta, Georgia in 1974. I completely struggled with the book and the review. I love Karin Slaughter and have read all of her books. Yes, I have liked some more than others, but overall I have enjoyed them all! Cop Town has three main points of view Maggie and Kate who are partners on the police force. Kate is brand new to the department and Maggie is her "mentor". The problem is Kate picked a really bad time to join the force as Maggie has issues, the police department has issues, and the city of Atlanta has issues...including a killer that is targeting the police department. Oh yeah, that third point of view is told by the killer..interesting. There was just so much hate going on in this book: homophobia, racism, domestic battery, hatred of women cops, minorities, etc. The list seems to just keep getting longer. I just need some positive to help balance the negative and I did not get that with Cop Town. I hate to say that about a Slaughter book , but there it is. I still love Slaughter and will continue to buy her books!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2014 4:14 PM PDT

Otterbox Clearly Protected Privacy Screen Protector for iPhone 5C - Retail Packaging - Clear
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Took some getting used to, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had a screen protector on my phone, but it was pretty scratched up so I wanted something more durable. I have had this one on my phone for weeks now and although it has one tiny scratch on it from my keys seems to hold up better than your average screen protector. It does a wonderful job of blocking others from seeing the screen, but in some cases it is even hard for me to see it. Yes, it is that dark. It took some adjustment, but in all honesty I do really like it. The protector is thick and I have no doubt will protect my screen. Because it is thicker it went on so much easier than any screen protector I have ever put on. The only thing I didn't care for was the price, if this was not part of the Amazon Vine program I don't know that I would pay the high price for it. In the end I think I would still stick with the less expensive screen protectors.

Update 7/20/2014... I actually came to really love this screen protector. But after having it a few short months it started to peel around the fingerprint button. This is not acceptable for a screen protector as costly as this one. I was extremely disappointed as the less expensive protectors I have had in the past have lasted much longer!

Do or Die: Reluctant Heroes
Do or Die: Reluctant Heroes
by Suzanne Brockmann
Price: $16.15
152 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Still enjoy her books, but..., February 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I literally did not know where to start with this review. I have read all of Suzanne Brockmanns books..all of them. I paid an incredible amount of money for those hard to find books. I pre order everything that pops up and I grabbed this from the Amazon Vine list as soon as I noticed it. Read it. Couldn't write the review for the longest time.

Ian worked with our former Navy Seals teams, so as always, it's great to read about them even if it's a new series like Reluctant Heroes. In Do or Die, yes there was some unnecessary storyline, but for the most part I enjoyed Ian and Phoebe. Ian is one of those guys that would sacrifice anything, including his own happiness, for the sake of his family. Protecting others is like breathing for Ian, who really doesn't think about what he wants or thinks, even though in a crazy way if he DID think about what his family wanted it wouldn't be to sacrifice himself for them at every turn. Enter Phoebe, who is a strong female lead, but not as strong as some of Brockmanns past female characters, which in this book she doesn't need to be, as I think that is why Deb and Francine were also introduced as they are pretty kick a*s. Let's face it, phoebe makes some pretty dumb decisions, but she also never faced mobsters and the high speed drama that she did with Ian and gang.

Speaking of Ian's merry little band....loved them, I really did. I would read the book again. Brockmann was known for making one break out, much loved previous homosexual character in Jules (one of my favorite characters) LOVED HIM! Also know that gay rights is a strong platform for Brockmann. Homosexuality seems to be an overriding theme in her books as of late...it seems to have moved her writing in a different direction. I miss the depth of her old writing. Every book, as of late, she seems to have to educate someone on homosexuality, as in this one....the Dutchman needed to "hear" why Aaron was who he was. Plus, the whole plot behind the book, which I won't give away. Don't get me wrong..still loved Aerie and Shel and would take them over most secondary characters any day. I just feel Brockmann is no longer writing these strong story lines of the past, but instead trying to write for different reasons altogether and when once I would have given her 5 stars, it pains me to give her 4.

I would still highly recommend the book and will look forward to the next one. I would love to see it cover Francine...poor girl deserves a bit of happiness. One side note...Martell, absolutely loving him throughout the book and OMG Brockmann what did you do to him in the last scene? Jerk. I wanted to ring his neck. Poor Francine. Yes, they were not right for each other, but, really? How hurtful...jerk! Lol...

Baxter of California Hard Water Pomade, 2 oz.
Baxter of California Hard Water Pomade, 2 oz.
Price: $20.00
4 used & new from $20.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for my hubby's hair type., February 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay, so my husband loved the Gillette styling product which is no longer available. We have been trying to find something to replace it ever since. I was excited at the positive reviews this product had received, so I thought he should try it. My husband has thick, course hair that can be difficult to manage. When he opened the Baxter of California Hard Water Pomade it felt greasy and that was a big red flag. He was actually hesitant to use it, as It smells like a cleaning product which is also a big negative. Once I finally did get him to try it, it WAS greasy, it didn't hold, but it did seem to give his hair a shine. The product may work for other types of hair if you can get over the greasy feel and smell.

Suave Professionals Split End Rescue Conditioner, 12.6 Ounce
Suave Professionals Split End Rescue Conditioner, 12.6 Ounce
Price: $3.69
3 used & new from $2.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., January 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use Tresemme conditioner on my hair normally and love it. I have a little bit longer than shoulder length hair, but it is very thick so conditioner is a must. I do experience split ends, so I thought this would be a nice conditioner to try.

First, I was very leery of the texture as it appeared separated and a tad runny. I have only experienced this with liquids that are old so I was surprised. The smell I actually enjoyed as it smelled like tanning oil. I enjoy that coconut oil scent.

As I am conditioning my hair I can normally start running my fingers through my hair as I am conditioning, but I was finding this difficult. It seemed to take me an extra amount of time to feel like I got all the conditioner out.

After I towel dried my hair I struggled to get a pick through it. I felt like I need to recondition with MY Tresemme conditioner. However, I didn't and continued with the evening. The kicker for me is that the one thing I liked about it...the smell...that really aggravated me as the night went on. I leave my hair down after I shower and the smell was so strong and it just kept hitting my nose. It was too much. I ended up pulling my hair back.

I tried this conditioner every night for over a week. I just can't do it. Sorry. I don't care for it. It would probably be just fine for thinner hair and someone who can handle the strong smell. I get headaches easily, so this just isn't for me.

Wake to Darkness (A Brown and De Luca Novel)
Wake to Darkness (A Brown and De Luca Novel)
by Maggie Shayne
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
48 used & new from $2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Good 2nd book in the series., December 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Rachel is a famous self help author that spouts off all this goodness and light crud and how if you believe in the positive, and go for what feels right, good things will happen to you...the only problem is that she doesn't believe a word of it.

Mason is a detective who loves his family to a fault, unfortunately in the first book of the series his dear brother is a serial killer who couldn't live with what he was doing and commits suicide in Masons living room. Mason donates his organs and a blind Rachel is suddenly able to see. What she sees in the first book is death and here we are in the second book and more deaths are occurring, yet Rachel is not "seeing" them.

Mason and Rachel team up, again, to protect their families. This brought out the best of them in the first book and it does the same this time around. I realized early on "who did it", but it did not take away from the story at all as I still wanted to know how it was going to play out. Also, knowing certainly didn't making the ending any less sad. If you read the first book you must read this one, if you didn't read the first one...that's ok...you can read this one and you will follow along just fine.

I actually liked this book better than the first one in the series.

Snoopy Folio Case for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, Linus
Snoopy Folio Case for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, Linus
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it because I love it. Very cute!!, December 8, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this cover! I have the cover that came with my kindle and I certainly don't need a new one as the one I have holds my kindle securely. However, I have a thing for Snoopy! The picture does not do it justice at all!! I don't know why, but I thought the colors would be more muted, but they are very vibrant. I love it! The box, when it came said it was for kindle paperwhite and I have a kindle so I worried that it would not fit properly, but it does. It fits just fine. They have four straps on the inside that hold the kindle securely in the case. The front cover does bend all the way back, but as I fear creasing it..I don't believe this is something that I will be doing. I like the case too much to do anything to harm it. They are not chintzy on the design. It does not stop on the front...the cute factor goes all the way around and on the inside front flap. If not part of Amazon vine, it would certainly be worth the price because I love the cover.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20