Profile for N. Blake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Blake RSS Feed (Toledo, OH USA)

The Spirit of Islamic Law (The Spirit of the Laws)
The Spirit of Islamic Law (The Spirit of the Laws)
by Bernard G. Weiss
Price: $19.75
48 used & new from $11.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuffy, April 1, 2010
This was the first book I pick up regarding the Muslim religion and I recommend starting somewhere else. This book is written with great detail which one may think is a good thing but I personally though made it a trying read. I was forced to re-read several paragraphs just to grasp the concepts. This book digs into the seeming complicated religious law but without adding any real life to it. I do recommend if your aim is to understand a fully as possible. It did mention several concepts other books did not.

The Anthropology of Justice: Law as Culture in Islamic Society (Lewis Henry Morgan Lectures)
by Lawrence Rosen
Price: $32.34
54 used & new from $1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, April 1, 2010
I am taking an Islamic law and society class at my university. This is one of our required texts and is my favorite of all of them.The concepts involved with Islamic society can be confusing at first and most book look at it form a scholarlly perspective. This book uses real life practical examples to explain the concepts. It was an easy and throughly enjoyable read.