Profile for Eranki Prasanth Sarath > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eranki Prasanth Sarath RSS Feed (New York)

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Black) (2012 Model)
Offered by Focus Camera
Price: $228.00
13 used & new from $169.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Blazing fast and Ultra sharp, July 19, 2012
The following review is mainly intended for those who are looking for a high end Point and Shoot camera but not intended for DSLR folks.

First of all I have to thank all the people out there in Amazon for their reviews. I have read almost 500 reviews before buying this and I am completely satisfied after using this camera. I should tell you what dragged me to this product. I made up my mind to buy a camera from one of the top three camera Makers....Canon/Sony/Nikon. Lot of recent models from canon are suffering from lens error after some initial use (even after taking extreme care). Shutter lens will get stuck in the middle and says lens error. You have to shed money to get it repaired or buy a new one. There are dedicated web sites which shout "Lens error Canon" (you can try Googling this). When everyone was getting ready to take July 4th New York Fire Works event a person next to me surprisingly shouted "Lens Error?????".....You know what he has canon in his hands and poor fellow he ended up not taking a single shot of that event.

Well Nikon/Sony has not got such an error I guess (at least as per Google or earlier reviews). But P&S of Nikon defies the base definition of a P&S camera. You have to focus the object by half pressing the shutter button and then when lens adjusts you have to press the remaining half to get a meaningful photo. The whole process takes 3/4 secs and the object is GONE. Nikon is not Point and Shoot. It is Point Wait and Shoot. Even the picture clarity is far lesser than canon and sony.

When I was roaming in best buy to see some cameras the sales guy took me to Sony WX150. The moment I saw the LCD screen's crispness I took it into my hands. Shot few sample pics from this camera/Canon Elph camera (could not remember the exact model)/Nikon L810. The picture is ultra sharp in Sony. The Auto focus is extremely fast. Less than a sec. Turn on time is blazing fast. Full HD video is amazing. Sound is superb. 10x Zoom is sufficient. Sweep Panorama is good (It is fun). Low light performance is amazing. Shot lot of photos in low light and no flash. Pics came very well. There are so many settings in the camera that you will definitely fall in Love. It has a size equal to the size of my wallet and slips smoothly into the pocket.
Build quality is OK. Great wide angle lens. ABOVE ALL when you are shooting Full HD video you can take still pics also at the same time. WOW

The reason why I gave four stars is there are few cons also. I feel manual settings work better than auto. In auto mode photos came with a slight bluish tinge (which can be adjusted while auto correcting the images in computer). So if you are looking to use it in a manual mode, for changing light conditions you have to change the settings manually every time. It uses some in-camera processing after every shot. So in some settings the processing time is too high (3 secs). Zoom could have been better and price wise a little higher.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2013 9:42 PM PDT