Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Raf > Reviews

Browse

Raf's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raf RSS Feed (Pennsylvania, USA)

Sony Xperia M C2004 - Dual SIM - Unlocked -  US Warranty - (Black)
Sony Xperia M C2004 - Dual SIM - Unlocked - US Warranty - (Black)
Offered by Phonix LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, January 27, 2014
This phone has a lot of features packages in a format/weight that’s almost identical to an iPhone 5, but for a fraction of the price.

I use the dual SIM card feature quite a lot, and the phone is good enough to suggest the most appropriate SIM card to use for each action by the other person’s international prefix; this is not always the best thing to do, but it’s correct most of the times (I’m more likely to call/text people in one country when I’m in that country myself, otherwise I’ll just e-mail/Skype them).

The back camera is not that of a $600 phone, but it’s still good enough that you won’t regret not having a point-and-click camera with you, unless you’re indoors.

The touch screen is very responsive, and so is the phone. The default UI theme is rather attractive in its simplicity, and I haven’t changed it yet (though I modified the “accent” color).

The battery is removable and replaceable, and I’m not sure how many phones at this feature level offer such an option.

The only thing this phone lacks is 4G, which for me is not an issue as I don’t really use data.
But when I do, this phone supports 3G (HSPA) at the highest speed, and is able to do so anywhere on the US T-Mobile network as well as any European country.

The battery duration is pretty good; with my extra-light usage (wifi off, little use overall) the phone runs about 10 days on a charge, with 2 SIM cards connected to the network. On days when I use the phone more, the screen consumption drains the battery quite a bit; a average user will probably need to recharge it every 3 days or so.

The only disappointment (if minor) is that in order to use the FM radion, you have to plug in your headphones, or the radio just won’t play anything at all (by design), so unless you plug in external self-powered speakers, there’s no way to play the radio directly through the prone without using headphones or some other external device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 12:33 AM PDT

CoverON® 5 PACK CLEAR ANTI-GLARE Full Front and Back LCD Screen Protector Shield for Apple Iphone 5S / 5 [WCP983]
Offered by Wireless Central
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost impossible to apply without bubbles, January 27, 2014
The package is very well designed; it includes really ALL you need to do a good job.

The biggest problem is dust: I couldn’t apply any of the 5 protectors without getting at least one grain of dust caught in between due to static electricity, causing bubbles that were impossible to remove. After the 2nd wasted protector I came up with a procedure that would not expose the phone screen or the underside of the protector (almost) at all during the application, and yet even then I still got dust trapped in between, sucked in by static electricity.

Aside from that, the protector that I applied with the least dust caught in between, was still not what I had hoped for: I guess I should blame this on the anti-glare coating, but – the screen appeared blurry, not nearly as clear as without the protector.

Perhaps I was expecting too much of this inexpensive screen protector.

8-in-1 Torx Screwdriver Set T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 T10 T15 Hex Tip Socket Cap Screw Driver Double-Sided Bits by L2go
Offered by Fehlmann
Price: $4.33
15 used & new from $1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, pointy, plenty of tip sizes, January 4, 2013
I found myself having to disassemble something that used *only* Torx screws, even in corners where I couldn't really measure what size they were.
This little thing proved to be a safe bet: not only it's pointy enough that could reach all the way down into the narrow holes I encountered, but it also had all the tip sizes I found out I needed (T4, T6 and T10).
If I must find something to complain about, I'll point out that the bit holder (the black thing in the pics) is a little too tight, enough to make me not want to put the bits I'm using back until I'm sure I'm done with them.

Black 4-Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub
Black 4-Port High Speed USB 2.0 Hub
Offered by EPICDEALZ
Price: $4.45
58 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not "high speed", quality even lower than expected for the price, November 10, 2012
In spite of having "USB 2.0", "high speed" and "480 Mbps" all over the place both on this product page and the actual package, this hub is NOT "high speed". The operating system reports it as "15 Mbps", and any device connected to it operates accordingly.

The quality is even lower than what you'd expect for such a low price: the plastics look like from the 80s, there are obvious burrs on many details, and most importantly, on the inside (you can open the hub with your bare hands with no effort) the solder job is of awful quality, I wouldn't be surprised if some devices have one or more ports not working due to shorts. In fact, I read here that this hub model tends to die very fast, unsurprisingly.

In other words, unless you only need it for mouse/keyboard, don't buy this item.

NTE Heat Shrink 2:1 Black Assorted Sizes 2-1/2 158 Pc. Box
NTE Heat Shrink 2:1 Black Assorted Sizes 2-1/2 158 Pc. Box
Offered by Tool Deals
Price: $8.00
16 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good variety, but watch out for slack, January 14, 2012
Good variety of diameters, good quality, good price: exactly what I was looking for. Just make sure you don't end up with useless (too short) slack: always check if you already have an about-right length segment, before cutting a longer one to size. This is coming from one who is used to meter-long heat shrinks.

Casual Moments Women's 50 Inch Shawl Collar Set-in Belt Robe, Emerald, Medium
Casual Moments Women's 50 Inch Shawl Collar Set-in Belt Robe, Emerald, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and long, just perfect, January 14, 2012
I was looking for a medium-priced warm soft robe for my wife, but all I could find were sexy-looking ones (made to show off legs), or the colors were just boring (white, black...). Until I found this one, in my wife's favorite color!
Once I opened the bag, it turned out to be exactly what I was expecting: a full-length robe made of soft, warm fabric.