Profile for SK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 186

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SK RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Brave New World
Brave New World
by Aldous Huxley
7 used & new from $4.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story. Terrible printing--font is WAY too small to read comfortably., October 16, 2014
This review is from: Brave New World (Paperback)
I love this book.
It's a great story, especially considering the fact that it was originally published in 1932.
Pretty cool.

HOWEVER, the reason I am not giving it five stars is THIS PRINTING.
The writing in this book is TINY.
Seriously.
Like warning-insert-from-a-Tylenol-bottle tiny.
Maybe everyone who works at this company wears bifocals and didn't notice, I have no idea.
But for people with normal vision, this printing don't is just too small.

Looking for a different copy now.

Rawlings Gamer Pro Taper Series Gold Glove with Basket Web, Right Hand Throw, 11.5-Inch
Price: $88.93
10 used & new from $79.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., October 7, 2014
GREAT glove. My 9yo son loves it. Easy to break in and will last a long time. Feels well-made.

Silk Pillowcase 100% Organic (King 20" X 36")
Silk Pillowcase 100% Organic (King 20" X 36")
Offered by Energetic Nutrition, Inc.
Price: $64.99
2 used & new from $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but pretty nice., October 7, 2014
Soft and comfy.
Nice pillow cases.

Electrolux EWFLS70JSS 4.42 Cubic Foot Front Load Washer with Wave-TouchTM Controls Featuring Perfect St, Silver Sands
Offered by HCcost
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $1,259.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a piece of junk, October 7, 2014
Worked great for about a year.
Juuuust until the warranty ran out, I'd say. Predictable.

Mine is four years old and covered in mildew even though I do the washer cleaning cycle, leave the door open, I have even changed the big door gasket already.
My clothes aren't even getting clean anymore.
An expensive piece of junk.

The dryer is ok if you don't mind fixing the door latch every two years. Otherwise, heavy dryer loads will cause the door to pop open and the clothes to fall out, damp, onto the floor.
They didn't mention THAT trick before I bought the set.

The Hook Up (Game On Book 1)
The Hook Up (Game On Book 1)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but a very entertaining read., September 22, 2014
I'm not a football fan and I wasn't sure I was going to be into this story. But it really hooked my interest from the beginning and I was sorry when it finally ended.

Drew and Anna meet senior year in college. She's an ex-highschool loner with no idea where she's headed and he's the star quarterback on his way to the NFL. They do have that Love At First Sight thing going on here which isn't my usual thing, but it wasn't obnoxiously fast and came off as just...romantic, I guess. They had chemistry and it was believable.

The characters were very likable--especially Drew. He wasn't a "Jock", he was a multidimensional person who knew what he wanted. Anna took a bit more work to like. She made some choices I would not have and there were moments altercations could have been avoided if she had just said...well anything, really.

Nevertheless, I liked them together. There's even an epilogue which was fairly satisfying--though, in a book you like, it's never long enough, right? No cliffhanger but another book coming up about their friend, Gray.

I will definitely be checking that one out.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Someone to Watch Over Me

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok. A minor cliffhanger., September 22, 2014
This book could have been better. The basic characters and situations were mostly ok. I, actually, was into the book WAY more before Cooper (female) even met Tate (male). I liked the set up of a single mom who has given up her own dreams of singing to keep her kid safe from her abusive ex-boyfriend.
Enter rockstar.

At this point, they first meet and it was still ok but then... Insta-Love happened. And it was Insta-Love in its most egregious form. Truly, I've never seen it this bad. I'm not opposed to love at first sight. But, in this case, it happened SO fast, there was no way to feel any chemistry or connection between Cooper and Tate. It felt like a chapter (or two) was missing.

For me, that was the worst part of the book. And really, that's the main point of these books, isn't it--their relationship? They went from "he's hot" to cringe-worthy, gushing, lovey-dovey speeches that sounded more like "girl fantasy dialogue" than "Things A Real Guy Might Actually Say".

Anyway, some rock and roll fun--I thought Cooper's big prank was the best, most authentic part of the story. But after that, all hell breaks loose and bad things happen but the incidents all felt a little forced--especially the last one. Too much of a blur--not just for the character--but for the reader, too.

And there were some convenient throw away characters, too--the accountant/sister couple just happened to live nearby? Then there's a minor cliff hanger which will evidently be answered in subsequent books. However, I'm not sure I am invested enough to read any more of this series. Maybe if I had nothing else to read.

Not awful, but not great either. Could use some work.

Falling Down (Rockstar Book 1)
Falling Down (Rockstar Book 1)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not even finish it. REALLY poorly written., September 17, 2014
And that almost never happens. I will FORCE myself to finish books and I love books about the music industry but THIS! OMG
This book is SO POORLY WRITTEN, I just could not waste any more of my life reading it.

The characters were ridiculous--smirky and crass. The plot was completely unbelievable--one moment they are on their way to LA, the next, she is an A-list, Oscar-winning actress (all told via throw away lines rather than actual STORY), and then, "I think we'll be rock stars instead." Like none of this takes any effort or is a big deal, at all. And, of course, EVERYONE loves them and helps them.

Then there's the dialogue--possibly the most annoying part of this book. There's line after line of never-ending dialogue with no identifiers and one person's action in the middle of another person's speech (so you never know who's talking). There's a LOT of sitting around, talking about how awesome and hot everyone is. It REALLY boring.

None of it is sexy or cool. The whole thing reads like it was written by someone in high school. Maybe Junior high.

Just BAD.
Do not waste your time.
Deleting.

K-Roo Sports Youth Plastic Shin Guards with Soft Foam and Adjustable Straps, White
Price: $3.49
6 used & new from $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very durable., September 11, 2014
Not great. Don't cover much of my 6 year old's shin and if you pull too hard on them, the styrofoam rips off.

Solgar Inositol Vegetable Capsules, 500 mg, 100 Count
Solgar Inositol Vegetable Capsules, 500 mg, 100 Count
Price: $12.36
6 used & new from $11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Inositol is awesome and Solgar is the best Insoitol., September 7, 2014
These are awesome. My doctor turned me onto these and they really work.
Just one takes the edge off my anxiety. Doesn't make you tired or loopy, just softens the jagged edges ever so slightly. No side effects either except it's also a mild fat metabolizer. Bummer! LOL

Only thing I will say, is that it can take a while to kick in, especially if you take it with food. Somewhere between 20-40 minutes in my experience. Worth the wait.

This supplement is great and the Solgar version is the best one IMO. I've recommended it to all my friends and we all love this stuff.

Rawlings Coolflo Metallic Batting Helmet (Silver)
Rawlings Coolflo Metallic Batting Helmet (Silver)
Price: $28.00
5 used & new from $7.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels flimsy, September 4, 2014
Feels cheap and a bit thin/flimsy. Bought it to replace an Easton helmet that got its padding destroyed.
I was enticed by the cool, silver color. But when I received it, it felt like the material was much thinner and quite a bit more bendable than the old helmet.

This helmet feels like, if it was hit hard with a ball, it would probably protect your kid's head, but it would also probably crack and be unusable after that. Feels very "crackable."
The Easton helmet feels like you could hit it with a hammer and it would be fine.
The Rawlings is definitely a bit lighter than the Easton helmet but I'd rather have a heavier helmet and more head protection. Not sure if this is just the silver one or they're all like that as I've only had Eastons before this.

But I'm sending this one back and getting the one we had before (also on Amazon, link below).
This one just feels really cheaply made.

Better: http://www.amazon.com/Easton-Two-Tone-Natural-Junior-Batting/dp/B003ZS391G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409885859&sr=8-2&keywords=youth+batting+helmet

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19