Profile for Y. Li > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Y. Li "freqamazoner" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Jeep Cherokee Sport Stroller, React (Older Version)
Jeep Cherokee Sport Stroller, React (Older Version)

3.0 out of 5 stars you got what you paid for, April 10, 2012
I wanted to love the stroller, but could only bear with it since returning it would be such a hassle. To be fair, I will say for the price I paid, it works ok. But I still wish I had tried it in store before ordering online.

Pros:
light weight - true and important for a petite mom like me.
compact - easy to stow away in house or car.
steer smoothly - have not tried in snow though, but worked well on ordinary sidewalks.
ample storage - pretty big for a light weight stroller.
attractive appearance - which I don't hate.

Cons:
three-point harness - a constant safety concern! especially when you have a toddler always trying to wriggle out of any constriction. You have to tighten up the belts so much that the little one sacrifices a great deal of fun riding.

another big issue with the absence of any over-shoulder harnessing is that an abrupt stop would risk tipping the kid forward if he/she sits upright. so you never want to take off the front tray, which helps to prevent an accidental fall! although my LO would still have his chin bumped on the tray when stopped abruptly. incredibly terrible design - how much more would two more points of harness cost the manufacturer?

small wheels - do very little in buffering bumps and you need to watch out for every crack or pit on the road. no way to enjoy a relaxing walk off-road with my LO on this thing.

not truly one-hand fold/open - always need to use both hands to complete the transformation. especially opening this thing is not easy; have to pull the frame of the storage space to achieve the end, with some strength! simply annoying.

cheap fabric - very thin material. the canopy frame creaks when pulled and it never smoothly opens up or shuts in. the padding feels not heat-permeable. will see how it does in summer days.

so you got what you paid for. it'll work for a short ride to the grocery or the mall on well-paved roads. but I'll keep my bulky but sturdy stroller around for much longer than I expected.

PlaytexBPA Free Nurser Drop-In Bottles, Colors May Vary, 8 Ounce, 2-Count
PlaytexBPA Free Nurser Drop-In Bottles, Colors May Vary, 8 Ounce, 2-Count

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware: come with newborn slow nipples, September 26, 2011
To be fair, I have always liked Playtex Drop-in system; my baby boy absolutely prefers their soft nipples to those rigid Avent nipples. And the liners give him much less gas problem apparently. My issue with these big nurser holders is that, come on, shouldn't the 8-10 oz size be only meant for big babies? Then why would they come with newborn nipples instead of fast-flow ones? I believe that it's only a manufacturer's intentional oversight to make the consumers pay extra for the nipples. Now I have to order the fast-flow nipples and the brand new slow ones that came with the nursers will be wasted. What a shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2012 7:49 AM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely and worthy!, May 17, 2007
I bought a green case and my daughter realy loves it. Looks exactly as shown online. Good material. Fast delivery. Worth every penny.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars bad product, bad service, May 17, 2007
I ordered this set for my daughter's ipod and thought I was saving; turned out a wrong idea. Plus shipping I paid a bit less than 20 bucks, but the headset came in with one earbud not working at all. I wrote to their custom service asking for return; they only replied nicely once asking if I wanted replacement. When I answered no, I just wanted refund coz the quality was not trustworhty, they never getting back again. I just went ahead ordered the "real" apple headphones, which was a bit pricy at the first look but absolutely worth the money - at least you won't be so pissed off at the end.

So if you are thinking of saving money on this headset, think twice.