Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL
Profile for Karen Kelsay > Reviews

Karen Kelsay's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Karen Kelsay "Eager Reader" RSS Feed (Santa Rosa, CA)

Panasonic KX-TGA651B Extra Cordless Handset, Black
Panasonic KX-TGA651B Extra Cordless Handset, Black
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $39.19
88 used & new from $23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This phone performs., February 21, 2011
This phone delivers as advertised.

It took me some time to set it up, but after I waded through all of the instructions and menus, it does exactly what it is advertised to do. The sound quality is clear even in cellular mode. My BlueTooth earpiece connects easily and the sound quality is great. If you plan to use a corded headset with it, don't bother. The sound quality drops to almost inaudible. Use a BlueTooth.

When looking for a new phone, I researched several different sites for pricing and Amazon's was the lowest price. Amazon also made it easiest for me to order additional handsets so that I can have one in every room.

Now I come home from the office, plug in my cell phone to recharge, and don't have to worry about missing a cell call because I can't hear it ring or I'm too far away to reach it. I can also get my landline calls on the same line. I may even drop the landline eventually.

The Passionate Buddha: Wisdom on Intimacy and Enduring Love
The Passionate Buddha: Wisdom on Intimacy and Enduring Love
by Robert Sachs
Price: $13.50
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Relationships for Grown-Ups, January 31, 2009
I read this book after the dissolution of a ten-year relationship. I realized that I had a part in the marriage's problems, and I was determined to do it better the next time around. The book was suggested to me by a therapist friend. I was skeptical at first, but the information it contained changed the way I experience and am present in relationship.

It is well-written in a down-to-earth style, full of very helpful information that, when APPLIED, makes a significant difference not only in a loving relationship, but in all relationships.

The author points out that our relationship difficulties aren't the other person's fault or inadequacies. Nor do we have problems because we're not worthy or unloveable. Additionally, we are not required to "take on" our partners' issues, but instead, we meet them with compassion and understanding. We generally operate from old wounds and beliefs that hamper our ability to be in the moment and trigger unconscious responses to some things our partner says or does. We lash out at our Beloved, instead of owning up to our own trauma. Sachs provides very usable suggestions to help the reader to be more present in the moment, and to allow peace and harmony to prevail in times of fear, anger, and anxiety.

The book also explains the importance of true intimacy in relationship. We cannot be whole, nor can we be the loving embrace in which our partners can be whole, unless we are willing to see and to be seen.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to change the way he or she experiences and participates in relationship. Loving relationships don't just "happen" to us. We create them. The quality of our own self awareness and the willingness to give our partner a break make all the difference between a relationship that is harmonious, and one that doesn't serve anyone's highest and best purpose.

Eat This Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution
Eat This Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution
by David Zinczenko
703 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a surprise!, January 31, 2009
My sister recommended this book to me after her young daughter was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. Her family has had to make significant changes in dietary habits, and the family doctor recommended the book. When my sister told me that it was better to eat an Egg McMuffin than a bagel with cream cheese, I figured that I had some more learning to do!

I've been working to lose weight and thought that I had been making "healthy" choices when faced with the need to pick up fast food during a busy workday. Wow! I was stunned. I am now a die-hard brown bagger when it comes to lunch for work!

I had NO IDEA about the calories, fats, carbs, sodium, etc., that was in the food I was eating! No wonder my attempts at weight reduction were always thwarted! And I thought I was doing the "right" things! Since discontinuing fast food and restaurant food, I have easily dropped 15 pounds in six weeks! This, while recovering from foot and ankle surgery, which means that I am not exercising anything more than my hands for typing and eyes for reading!

Buy the book, read it, use the information, change your life.