Profile for Taranome > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Taranome RSS Feed (California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
C Pocket Reference
C Pocket Reference
by Peter Prinz
Price: $9.13
90 used & new from $1.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right, August 21, 2014
This review is from: C Pocket Reference (Paperback)
Small and compact but full of information. This is a handy companion for someone who is already an experienced C programmer. I doubt you could learn programming from it, but as a reference, it's just what I needed. The information is accurate, well organized, and complete. I got it to use for quick look-ups in place of the text I used when I was learning--it's just right for that use.

Organize It All Metro 2-Tier Wall Mounting Rack with Towel Bars (16988)
Organize It All Metro 2-Tier Wall Mounting Rack with Towel Bars (16988)
Price: $28.71
19 used & new from $25.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and functional, August 21, 2014
For the price it's very good. It's light weight but quite strong. It was easy to put together and easy to install. I think it looks nice and serves it's purpose very well. We put three or four books, a big candle and a couple of towels on it, and it's completely sufficient for that use. It's not fancy, but it's sturdy and functional.

Wolverine Men's Crew Top, New Blue, Large
Wolverine Men's Crew Top, New Blue, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, August 21, 2014
This review is from: Wolverine Men's Crew Top (Apparel)
The fit is a bit tight for me, but that's just me--they do seem to be the right size and the cut is very comfortable. The material is soft, absorbent, and warmer than others I've tried. They laundered well and kept their shape. They didn't shrink noticeably, and they are wearing well. These were a better buy than anything else I saw. I'll probably buy them again, maybe get one size bigger because I like a loose fit.

Philips Norelco PQ208/40 Travel Electric Razor
Philips Norelco PQ208/40 Travel Electric Razor
Price: $14.97
24 used & new from $14.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, August 21, 2014
An amazingly good shaver. I've had a number of electric shavers, and this is by far the best Ive tried. I've even had other norelco shavers of very similar design, but somehow this one is better--shaves quicker, closer, and more comfortably. The batteries seem to last forever (though my beard isn't particularly heavy). Before this I always ended up going back to using a blade after a few tries, but now I only use this one. They recommend replacing the cutting heads about once a year, but the heads cost more than the shaver, so I'll probably just buy a new one when the time comes--I hope they keep making these.

Bewley's Irish Breakfast Tea (80 Tea Bags)
Bewley's Irish Breakfast Tea (80 Tea Bags)
Offered by Deals On Call
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, August 21, 2014
This is very good tea, rich mellow and flavorful. I like it with milk and a bit of sugar or honey. We had some friends over who are big tea drinkers and they exclaimed it was the best they ever had. They wondered where we got it since it isn't in local stores; we told them Amazon, and they immediately ordered some, and introduced it to their friends who all liked it too. For people who really like tea, this is a good one to try.

Sumatra Mandheling, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC (2 lb. Whole Bean)
Sumatra Mandheling, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC (2 lb. Whole Bean)
Offered by Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC.
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee, August 21, 2014
I prefer Indonesian coffee, and this is a good one. The roast is dark, but not too dark, so the flavor is full but not bitter or burnt tasting. It's slightly acid, bright and complex, but full bodied. I think most people who like coffee would like it without knowing anything about it--just a good tasting cup of coffee. I usually grind enough for three or four pots and keep the ground coffee in a jar--this coffee keeps it's flavor well in storage. I'm pleased and will probably buy it again.

iLoveSIA Mens Sandals Classic Clog Blue US Size 10
iLoveSIA Mens Sandals Classic Clog Blue US Size 10

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, August 21, 2014
These arrived much sooner than expected, packed nicely and in good condition. They had a pretty strong though not unpleasant smell which died down almost completely in about a week of wearing them around the house. The size is a bit on the small side, though they fit well enough--I'd suggest buying one size bigger to give your toes a little extra room. The sole is well shaped and very comfortable with a nice bumpy texture which helps to keep them from sliding around too much. I use them with the strap forward because if it's behind, my toes tend to jam up against the front.

Cable Matters 2-Pack, CL2 In-Wall Rated (CM) RG6 Quad Shielded Coaxial Patch Cable in White 25 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable at a great price, August 21, 2014
Good quality cable at a great price. The connectors look very secure and neatly attached. The size of the connector is short enough to allow easy connection in the crowded space at back of my flat panel TV--the last cable I had was very difficult to align because of excessive length. The picture quality is a bit better too, with no other changes. I had hoped it would eliminate some interference from CB radios in trucks on the nearby highway. Though it did help, it didn't completely solve that problem (perhaps a band pass filter would help).

Uni KH-20 Hand Crank Wooden Pencil Sharpener - Black
Uni KH-20 Hand Crank Wooden Pencil Sharpener - Black
Offered by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Price: $30.63
60 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, August 21, 2014
This is the best pencil sharpener I've ever had. The auto feed mechanism ensures smooth cutting and no broken points. The little button on the end of the crank shaft gives a choice of very sharp or a little blunt--the sharp setting give a REALLY sharp point. The plastic seems to be very sturdy, and the shaving tray is very easy to remove for emptying. The single cutting blade is a multi-blade helical type which gives an exceptionally clean cut. This manual sharpener is far superior to all the electric ones I've ever had, and as good as an old metal one I had and wore out many years ago.

Honeywell Econoswitch RPLS740B 7-Day Solar Time Table Programmable Switch for Lights and Motors
Price: $37.98
42 used & new from $33.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Good timer, August 21, 2014
It was easy to install with only a basic understanding of house wiring. The unit's size is compact enough to fit easily in the space where the ordinary switch used to be.The programming was simple and quick. It looks nice (large clear LCD display with back lighting, which can be turned off if you like). I used the pre-programmed sunrise-sunset calculator which adjusts automatically with the season--so far it's working great. My porch light is an LED type, and the timer has no problem with the 6.5 watt load (some timers require a minimum wattage greater than that). The manual over-ride switch is handy and works without disturbing the programming. It makes no sound, and doesn't generate enough heat to notice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5