Profile for Elaine DiRico > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elaine DiRico "zennita" RSS Feed (Austin, Tx USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Golden Years My Ass: Adventures in Geriatric Indignity
Golden Years My Ass: Adventures in Geriatric Indignity
by Roger Welsch
Price: $16.16
29 used & new from $15.51

5.0 out of 5 stars and it is nice to know that I am not alone, September 21, 2014
Welsch comes through as always with hysterical yet pithy and accurate observations. We are of similar ages, and it is nice to know that I am not alone....

Folic Acid - Appetite Stimulant and Hunger Dysregulator: The nutrient with a double-edged sword.

5.0 out of 5 stars False nutrition, July 31, 2014
In the United States, our food industry has developed some amazing ways to "fortify" refined foods with useless and possibly dangerous additives. Folic acid and folate are amongst these. Methylfolate, found in leafy dark green vegetables and other foods is readily absorbed unless it is blocked by an already present synthetic. Another great reason to stick with Real Food.

THE ONLY WITNESS (The Neema Mystery Series Book 1)
THE ONLY WITNESS (The Neema Mystery Series Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, July 2, 2014
An absorbing and well researched book, this kept me enthralled. I worked with signing chimpanzees in the seventies and this brought back the sense of wonder and connection I felt then. A good mystery as well.

Holly Daze @ Home: The Truth Will Out (Murder's A Drag Book 1)
Holly Daze @ Home: The Truth Will Out (Murder's A Drag Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!, March 2, 2014
When I saw the authors name, of course I had to buy the book. It is a quick read, and laugh out loud funny. What better way to spend a couple of hours than chasing a murderer with a gaggle of Southern drag queens? Looking forward to the next!

Nature's Kiss Black Pepper Essential Oil, 0.34-Ounce
Nature's Kiss Black Pepper Essential Oil, 0.34-Ounce
Price: $24.14

5.0 out of 5 stars warm feet, December 18, 2013
This is not an easy oil to find, and is often diluted. This one is the best I have found. I make a salve with coconut oil, avocado oil, a little beeswax and this. Rubbed on my feet before I put on sox, it keeps them warm all day.

Certus Paris Men's 610942 Rectangular Silver Dial Date Watch
Certus Paris Men's 610942 Rectangular Silver Dial Date Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned, December 4, 2013
While it is a handsome watch, I am returning it. The hands Are not luminous and it is gaining ten minutes a day.

An Unexpected Twist (Kindle Single)
An Unexpected Twist (Kindle Single)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Borowitz never lets me down, December 1, 2013
I have read Andy Borowitz for years, and almost always laugh aloud. This excellent piece has the added joy of an epiphany on life and love.

Look good Naked: The Paleo way to Loose Weight, Tone Muscle, Sleep Better and Feel Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Good info, November 3, 2013
This is a fine 30 page book with information that correlates well with my philosophies on diet and exercise. Concise, informative and some great support for any level athlete.

Emotional Assault:  Recognizing an Abusive Partner's Bag of Tricks
Emotional Assault: Recognizing an Abusive Partner's Bag of Tricks
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Abuse, October 27, 2013
While this book was about a marriage, I found a lot of carry over to parents and other relationships. In this honest and caring short book, the author opens her life and her heart. People who have lived or are living with a narcissist will recognize most, if not all of the behaviors, and it is an enormous relief to know that we are not alone. (A narcissistic partner is often very good at alienating your friends and family, and the sense of isolation can be devastating.)
My take away was this: when the other person is going into whatever their abusive behaviors are, I become an object. I could as easily be a pillow or a doll. It is ABSOLUTELY not about me, which of course creates a lot of the confusion. I am considering a tattoo that says: 'It's Not About Me!' for the inside of my left wrist, so when the behaviors started, I can remind myself! This gives me a lot of control in the situation- Thanks, Lisa! The book can be a life changer.

Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling
by Michael Port
Price: $10.99
89 used & new from $6.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Hated marketing, April 4, 2013
I had no clue when I picked this book up that it would be more about self-exploration than about 'selling.' I just knew that marketing was my weakness and this book had good reviews. The foundation of integrity rang true for me, the humor and the profound questions that I had glossed over in my business have made this a valuable tool. Thanks Mr Port!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3