Profile for therealsusy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

therealsusy "really" RSS Feed (USA)

Why So Many Gods?
Why So Many Gods?
by Tim Baker
12 used & new from $2.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic explanation for young Christian adults and teens, June 22, 2010
This review is from: Why So Many Gods? (Paperback)
Some people have given this book a negative rating. I think they are confused about the purpose of Why So Many Gods? This book is a Christian apologetics work.

That means, if you are a secular humanist, an atheist, a member of one of the non-Christian religions which this book explains, or if you are in any way held hostage by the moral relativism of our popular culture, then this is not the book for you.

However, if you are a Catholic or Christian and wish to understand the differences between the many world religions, sects, and major cults, this is a book you should consider getting, especially if you are young or responsible for the formation of young people.

I bought the only copy of this book at a local Christian bookstore and two days later, I am buying 3 more copies here at Amazon to give as gifts. This is a fascinating and easy to read collection of information. Once I got it, I couldn't put it down until I read every entry.

I only found a couple minor errors and I believe the book to be very fairly written, with an open-minded view of these other religions. By "open-minded" I do not mean that the book validates their viewpoint. This book is written from a Christian perspective to other Christians and the authors do not abrogate their responsibility to the faith. By "open-minded" I mean that the book conveys an accurate account of the history and major beliefs of these other religious viewpoints, and objectively recount both the strongpoints and failures of them.

Again, if you are looking for a book on religion that says, 'Hey! we can all do whatever we want! It's all perfectly valid!', this is not the book for you. Perhaps you could ask your local Unitarian minister for her recommendation.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 9:22 AM PDT

ThinkFun Rush Hour Jr.
ThinkFun Rush Hour Jr.
9 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great whole family fun!, November 19, 2003
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour Jr. (Toy)
After reading about Rush Hour, Jr. on this website, I decided to get it for my sons, age 7 and 4. They are both a year older now, and still enjoy it. My oldest is now ready for the "adult" version but the more difficult puzzles of the Jr. game still provide some challenge. An unexpected benefit from this "game" is that my sons love to watch each other play and offer encouragement and sometimes advice, and neither gets discouraged when he gets stuck--how great is it to see that?
It also travels really well, we take it in the car for our frequent long trips and take it on the boat to play during snack time.
Parents--I definitely recommend both Rush Hour versions and the booster cards.