Profile for Sophie A. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sophie A. RSS Feed (Alto, GA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Whirlpool 3363394 Water Pump for Washer
Whirlpool 3363394 Water Pump for Washer
Offered by partshousesupply
Price: $7.60
28 used & new from $7.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed this part asap and got it delivered in two ..., December 18, 2014
Needed this part asap and got it delivered in two days arriving on a Saturday. Impressive. Part works perfectly and so does clothes washer, too. Thanks.

Blue Mountain Blend Ground Coffee, 10-Ounce (Pack of 3)
Blue Mountain Blend Ground Coffee, 10-Ounce (Pack of 3)
Offered by Aberdeen
Price: $34.99
4 used & new from $34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT A KONA BLEND! BEWARE!, March 22, 2014
I searched Amazon for a Kona coffee blend and this coffee popped up in the many responses. Nothing about the order page indicated that this coffee had absolutely no Kona coffee in it. As it is impossible to read the fine print on the packaging from the pictures on the order site, I rely on my confidence that Amazon would not misrepresent a product in so egregious a fashion. I have been miserably proven wrong. This is a cheap, low marketing trick that, frankly, I thought Amazon was above. I have always been more than pleased with Amazon's customer service until now. I find out that I cannot even return this fraudulent coffee. Shameful! I'd have given no stars were that an option.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2014 10:58 PM PDT

Polder Strainer/Steamer Basket, Stainless Steel
Polder Strainer/Steamer Basket, Stainless Steel
Price: $17.99
11 used & new from $10.79

5.0 out of 5 stars PASTA LOVERS REJOICE!, September 24, 2011
If you've ever struggled with steam burns while pouring cooked pasta into a sink colander, then this product is a godsend. This basket fits nicely inside my 8 quart soup pot although the basket is taller than the pot by about 1 inch--not a problem at all. I found this wonderful product when I searched Amazon for the TV chef's basket. I expected to find that the chef's basket was not worth purchasing, but remained hopeful that someone else had found a well-made product that I would be pleased with. My plan worked and I couldn't be more pleased with this basket's quality and ease of use.

Dimplex CS1205 Compact Electric Stove
Dimplex CS1205 Compact Electric Stove
Offered by Air & Water Inc
Price: $111.48
17 used & new from $85.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Electric Stove - but Short, November 6, 2010
Bought this electric stove to warm our newly-build screen porch over the fall and winter months. The stove is a bit on the short side; but after reading some other reviews about raising it, I decided to build a makeshift hearth from the left over floor tiles. Still have work to do on the hearth, but the stove's overall effect was so greatly improved that we decided not to purchase a larger one. Even without the plexiglass windows installed, this little heater warmed the room a bit. I especially love the nightlight feature and that it lends a comfortable, home-like touch to the porch.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Moby-Dick
Moby-Dick
by Herman Melville
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $22.08
22 used & new from $14.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reader--Great Book, September 12, 2010
This review is from: Moby-Dick (Audio CD)
If you are interested in hearing Moby Dick rather than reading this very long book, this book on CDs is for you. The price is more than reasonable and Anthony Heald has a wonderful voice quality that keeps one's interest even through those dry passages. Recently my family took a cross-country road trip and listened to most of the 24 hrs of discs. We very much enjoyed listening to this Melville classic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts Out Great Bear Cookies, April 27, 2009
The size and construction of this cookie cutter works very well in making bear-shaped cookies.

Complete Mozart Symphonies
Complete Mozart Symphonies
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $49.04
43 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking to purchase Mozart's symphonies, PLEASE buy this boxed set!, March 8, 2009
I found myself inexorably drawn to this boxed set without the knowledge that Trevor Pinnock conducts from his harpsichord. As a pianist and harpsichordist myself, I think I understand why. I think Pinnock captures the clarity and brilliance of Mozart's symphonies by treating each instrument part as one key on the harpsichord. The result is a glorious and perfectly harmonious mix of melody floating above the harmony. In my opinion, there is no finer collection of Mozart's symphonies available. In comparison with the Bernstein, et. al. conductors of the 20th century, which sound muddy, sluggish, and uninspired, the Pinnock recording reveals Mozart's symphonies as, I think, he meant them to be performed--charming, vigorous, stunningly brilliant, and not afraid of fortisimmo. If you look to purchase just one boxed set of Mozart's symphonies, please do yourself a favor and purchase this one. You will not regret your decision.

Rubbermaid Horizontal Storage Shed
Rubbermaid Horizontal Storage Shed
Price: $201.99 - $539.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny!, March 8, 2009
This is a great product. It is easy to assemble, and it is constructed of sturdy plastic. We purchased this storage box to use as our outside garbage container, and it looks as if it will hold at least eight to ten. The more accurate thing to do, of course, is to calculate the volume of the cans you currently use and compare that figure with 18 cubic feet. For use as a garbage receptacle, this product comes highly recommended save one caveat. Let me first hasten to mention that the base of the bin is just a tad bit wider than ordinary circular cans, so it fit perfectly within the original space occupied by our old cans. The lid easily lifts and closes over a plastic grommit designed so the lid could be more securely locked to the box. The only surmountable downside is keeping the front doors closed as they tend to flop open when the lid is opened. My husband used a strap band and it works splendidly. One could conceivably use duct tape or, if you are brave enough to drill holes into the box, a latch mechanism to hold the doors closed if a trash receptacle is the box's function. However if you intend to use cans inside the storage box, then the opening of the front doors might appeal to you and you needn't concern yourself with strapping them shut. I find myself amazed at how the profile of this box improves our home's appearance. I mean who would have guessed such excitement could eminate from the addition of a Rubbermaid Storage Box purchased to hold our trash bags? If you are hesitant at all because of the price, don't hold that thought. We cannot recommend a product more highly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2009 2:59 PM PDT

Pierre Cardin By Pierre Cardin For Men. Eau De Cologne Spray 8 Ounces
Pierre Cardin By Pierre Cardin For Men. Eau De Cologne Spray 8 Ounces
Price: $21.59
23 used & new from $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Men's Cologne, October 29, 2008
For $24.00, this purchase was one of the best values for my money. The box was a bit dented, but there was no damage, whatsoever, to the cologne bottle. At first I thought 8 oz was a misprint, but this huge bottle my husband received was real and he will enjoy his Pierre Cardin for a very, very long time. I would definitely make this purchase again.

Mozart: The Great Violin Sonatas, Vol. 2
Mozart: The Great Violin Sonatas, Vol. 2
Price: $14.65
43 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars MUSIC THAT NEVER GETS OLD, November 2, 2007
Everyone should own a copy of Mozart's great violin and piano sonatas. Remarkably, these works remain fresh no matter how many times they are played.

Page: 1 | 2