Profile for S.N. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S.N. RSS Feed (Fort Lewis, WA)

Page: 1 | 2
(24x36) Animal Alphabet Learn Your Letters Art Print Poster
(24x36) Animal Alphabet Learn Your Letters Art Print Poster
Offered by PosterRevolution
Price: $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and educational, January 8, 2013
Bought it a couple weeks ago to add some color to my daughter's walls. She LOVES it and I'm pretty happy with it too! The pictures are well drawn and correspond fairly well to the letters - I say "fairly" because there is a yacht for Y but we're teaching her it's a boat. Baby steps. :) Either way, she enjoys looking at it every day, pointing out all of the pictures she knows and asking about the ones she doesn't. Money well spent.

InterDesign York Toothbrush Stand, White/Chrome
InterDesign York Toothbrush Stand, White/Chrome
Price: $8.99
8 used & new from $2.95

3.0 out of 5 stars As others have discovered, the holes aren't big enough for many toothbrushes..., November 29, 2012
I was hopeful having read a review stating that the holed were fine. Unfortunately, the only size toothbrushes that will fit in it from my family are my 1 year old daughter's and grandma's. And grandma uses the crappy free ones that she gets at the dentist. Sure, there are toothbrushes that will fit it, but I think a lot of people buy the kind I do... with the *slightly* fatter ("ergonomic") toothbrushes.

Oh well. I found I could get my toothbrush to fit if I shove it through the whole from underneath. Not a big deal except the bristles will take a beating every time I do this. Oh well...

Eva Solo Dressing Shaker, Drip Free, 0.25 Liter
Eva Solo Dressing Shaker, Drip Free, 0.25 Liter
Offered by Spark Something
Price: $42.00
12 used & new from $38.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Love my new dressing shaker (Updated: Jan 2013), April 16, 2012
I hemmed and hawed over the idea of spending $35+ on a dressing shaker. I compared all of the other options on amazon (there's a couple), looked in the limited shopping areas in my town (none really), and kept coming back to this one. So after having it sitting in my cart for two weeks decided, what the hell... why not? So I bought it and I'm very happy. I deducted one star because of the cost - I think it should be closer to $25. It's a little smaller than I anticipated but I've been used to making single servinges of dressing every day so it's nice to have a container to make a few days worth (we go through a LOT of balsamic vinnaigrette in my house) and the fact that it's glass makes it easier to clean than the plastic rubbermaid things I've been using as dressing shakers. Lastly, it's hard to see in the pictures but after you poor, theres a secondary metal tube around the pour spout that catches any "drippage" that would normally happen. No mess, no wasted dressing! Makes me happy to continue buying my expensive EVOO and fancy vinegars.

**Update: So, the shaker was great while it lasted. I thought the glass wasn't as fragile as it turned out to be. It was knocked over onto the floor and showed no sign of cracking. Until grandma was doing dishes and sliced her finger open. Sad. Bought a cheap plastic shaker. Use with care. Bumped down one star for durability.

SONY OEM 1-857-331-21 MOUNTED Power Board H2
SONY OEM 1-857-331-21 MOUNTED Power Board H2

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally., December 7, 2011
My two year old SONY Bravia stopped acknowledging the remote control. Apparently it's a huge issue. Rather than paying SONY or someone to repair it for $$$, I googled the fix and this is what I discovered needed to be replaced. I'm not a mechanically inclined person at ALL. In fact, I was going to wait for my electrical engineer brother to come visit for Xmas to replace it for me. But my annoyance with having to walk up to the TV to adjust the volume everytime made me extremelt impatient and I decided to replace it myself. It was easy! Took a while since there are a LOT of screws on the back of the TV but the diagrams were helpful and it was pretty easy to disconnect the old power board. And Voila! it works! Back to being lazy again. :)

Scunci No-slip Grip Oval Snap Clips, 6-Count, Colors may vary
Scunci No-slip Grip Oval Snap Clips, 6-Count, Colors may vary
Price: $3.99
3 used & new from $3.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh., December 7, 2011
I bought these in hopes they would be better than the normal cheap snap clips I buy because the regular metal snap clips sometimes pull out my hair. Well, these would be great if they would stay snapped. But, on more than one occasion, a slight bump to the clip causes it to snap open. And I'm in the military and have to take my patrol cap on and off whenever I go outside/inside. So, as you can imagine, this wasn't the best scenario. Oh well.

RadTech ProCable Dock Extender 19-Inch Cable for All iPods and iPhones - White
RadTech ProCable Dock Extender 19-Inch Cable for All iPods and iPhones - White
Offered by California Cable Market
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted it to work... it didn't., December 7, 2011
Based on the reviews I knew the product would be hit or miss. Unfortunately, it was a miss for me. I bought it to connect my iPhone 4G to my BOSE sounddock. It didn't charge the phone and wouldn't play music. I connected my iPod to it and it did allow music to play but again, no charging. Oh well. Back to just pulling off the protective case every time...

Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
Price: $16.29
20 used & new from $13.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good changing pad, increasing price..., October 27, 2011
I like this changing pad. It's nothing special but it's better than comparable products I've seen at similar price points. I bought one last December from amazon and like it enough that I'm purchasing another one for the downstairs changing table (I don't want grandma to run up/down stairs when little one needs to be changed). That aside, the price of the pad when I bought it 10 months ago was under $16 and it was PRIME elligible... now it's a few bucks more and no more PRIME. Sad. : Oh well.

Subaru Key Chain Blade Style
Subaru Key Chain Blade Style

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have looked closer..., September 2, 2011
This review is from: Subaru Key Chain Blade Style
I was so excited about buying my 2011 Outback that I wanted a nice keychain to show off my Subaru pride. :) Anyway, I was in the parts department of my dealership and saw this key chain in the glass display case. I should have looked closer! From five feet away, it's awesome. It is sleak, looks professional (not cheasy), it looks like it is solid quality and construction. When they cashier handed it to me, I just threw it in my bag (I didn't want to appear overly-eager to put my key on my new key chain.) As soon as I got home, I took out the keychain and just like the previous reviewer said, the font looks fuzzy like the laser that did the etching on the metal just ran out of juice. A little disappointing because it makes it look cheap. So, I'm buying a different one from amazon. Hopefully it's better.

Empower Soft Medicine Ball with DVD
Empower Soft Medicine Ball with DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good..., August 21, 2011
So I was at Target to buy sand and a tire plug kit to make my own medicine balls, and came across these Empower balls on clearance. I got the 10 pounder and tested it out as soon as I got home. There is very little rebound, they are well made, and they are great as slamballs for Crossfit. Who knew? I'll revisit this review in a few months after I give the ball more of a workout.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2011 8:23 AM PST

The Northwest Co 1NHL-08000-0006RET Detroit Red Wings 60x80 Blanket
The Northwest Co 1NHL-08000-0006RET Detroit Red Wings 60x80 Blanket

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh... it's a blanket, May 18, 2011
My husband had been whining for me to get him a plush Red Wings blanket; he's obsessed with these plush blankets and the Red Wings are his team. I normally don't purchase anything unless it's been reviewed before and I should have done the same with this purchase. We had purchased a plush Mariner's blanket at the stadium and it's thick and warm and lovely - I just assumed all these blankets would be the same. Well... not so much. Yes, it's a nice-sized blanket but it's pretty lightweight - not a trait I'm looking for when I want a blanket to take to the rink. The blanket looks like the picture from afar, but close up it's not very attractive. Rather than having a nice fading-in of the shading under the wording, it's actually just a bunch of spots, increasing in size and density, but it reminds me of an ugly ladybug. Will I return it? No, and only because shipping it back wouldn't be worth it. Beside, my husband likes it. But he'd like anything that said Red Wings on it. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait till we actually get to go to the rink in Detroit to get a nice one to replace it with.

Page: 1 | 2