Profile for Style Maven > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Style Maven "KP" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Da Ali G Show - Da Compleet Seereez
Da Ali G Show - Da Compleet Seereez
DVD ~ Sacha Baron Cohen
22 used & new from $5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS!, December 22, 2010
Bought this as a bday gift for the husband, and he literally was glued to the TV for hours watching this, rewinding clips, and watching them again. Would def recommend as a gift for the guys in your life if they like that dry, crude humor..."VERY NICE!"

Bistro Cooking at Home
Bistro Cooking at Home
by Gordon Hamersley
19 used & new from $179.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, but beware of $$$ ingredients!, December 22, 2010
This review is from: Bistro Cooking at Home (Hardcover)
I live near the actual Hammersley's restaurant, and bought this book as a "The restaurant is ridic expensive but good, so I will try this at home" type thing. My first recipe was the lentil soup, which came out really well. My only complaint is that some of the ingredients in this French cookbook are pricey to get here in America...and I am talking mostly about herbs. EX: the lentil soup called for Herbs De Provence. Now markets close to where I live carried it, and I eventually found a tiny jar of it at Williams Sonoma for $18. Sheesh! I will say the APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE is one of the MOST YUMMY things I have ever baked....a fave in our house.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2012 6:35 AM PDT

Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Healthful Cooking: Recipes and Techniques for Wholesome Home Cooking
by Mary Abbott Hess
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM!, December 22, 2010
Great recipes with little added fat...bought as a way to get on track with my NYE resolution to get in shape and eat better. Made the salmon with lime recipe and it turned out pretty well. I don't know if I would pay FULL price for it (I bought mine used from Amazon), but there are some gems in here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Velvety smooth and nice pigment, February 23, 2010
Love these- no crazy chemicals, beautiful rich pigments, and easy to apply. I have about 6 of these shadows and I would recommend. They don't crease on me which is nice. My favorite is the plum color and 54S Grey. A very fair price too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, February 23, 2010
I have normal skin - no breakouts or anything, a bit of redness. I bought this bc I recently made the switch to natural beauty products and don't want to put any scary chemicals on my face. This smells great, is gentle and lathers nicely...but is TERRIBLE at taking off makeup. Just smears my non-waterproof mascara around so I got scary looking raccoon eyes. Had to buy eye makeup remover pads to get it all off which is annoying. I bought a bunch of other Korres products that I love, but this one gets a thumbs down.

Stuart Weitzman Women's Blingy Two Piece Jelly
Stuart Weitzman Women's Blingy Two Piece Jelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but sized funny, February 23, 2010
Bought these for my wedding - wanted something casual but blingy for our garden ceremony and reception this summer. Got these in the clear color in my normal size (10) and they feel a bit small and narrow. A bit tight, but maybe that is because the plastic stretches with wear. Don't want to break these in before hand because they will look all grubby for pictures, but they are really cute in person. Just hope they are comfortable when I have to dance in them all night!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2010 8:00 AM PDT

Nippies Skin - Reusable Thin Matte Silicone Nipple Cover Pasties - ADHESIVE - Light
Offered by Bristols 6 - Nippies
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best silicone pastie out there, February 23, 2010
I am small chested, and don't need a bra most of the time but don't feel comfortable letting the girls 'hang out'. These little covers do the trick perfectly....my favorite silicone nipple cover. Those petal shaped ones always look like you have a swollen nipple, whereas these are thinner and bigger so you can't even tell they are on. Super comfy with a light adhesive. Could maybe even be a little stickier but I suppose having an gentler adhesive on your skin is better. I have worn mine around 10 times now and the adhesive is still working. Haven't worn them in the water yet like they say you can but def plan to give that a try this summer. Would def recommend and buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 23, 2010
There is not one scent I don't like...very fresh and pretty. Good clean burn too...no freaky smoke or anything. Just wish they were a little bigger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells awesome, does the trick!, January 25, 2010
Love this stuff...have long, wavy hair that can get a bit unmanageable (mega knots and snarls). This really helps keep my hair soft and makes brushing the knots out pain-free. It smells awesome, but the only thing that I would be wary of is that you have you use LESS than you think. If you load too much on, your hair will get greasy looking (it is oil after all). A bit pricey, but it is a great lightweight conditioner for everyday. Especially great since I blow dry everyday and I feel like this protects and moisturizes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2011 5:28 PM PDT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but a bit too pricey, January 25, 2010
I have long wavy hair that gets SERIOUS snarls and knots underneath near my neck...it's hell to brush, and gets all puffy during the day. Conditioner won't tame it, and Moroccan Oil helps me brush it out (a life saver) but doesn't prevent the knots. I got my hair done recently and was suckered into buying this. I was really wary to get it bc it is expensive, but it works great...I use it more as a leave-in conditioner than an anti-fade tool (but it prob helps since I live in CA). Smell is nice too. Gives hair a nice shine as well. Would get 5 stars if it wasn't so darn pricey.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3