Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Rogue Trooper > Reviews

Browse

Rogue Trooper's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rogue Trooper RSS Feed (Placerville, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
CaseCrown Ace Flip Case Cover (Campfire Brown) with Elastic Band Closure for Amazon Kindle Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my Samsung Galaxy tab!, January 14, 2012
I looked at getting a scoche case Scosche foldIO Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tablet - Black (GFL) for my tabSamsung Galaxy Tab (7-inch, 16GB, Wi-Fi), but realized after checking the specs [...] that the Tab was almost identical in size to the kindle fire. The kindle fire has a far greater selection of cases available for it, so by buying this casecrown I not only got the same case for half the cost, but also got my preferred latching system. I prefer the elastic over the clip as when the cover is folded behind the device nothing protrudes and it can lay flat. Finally I got far greater color options with the casecrown and this chocolate was just what I was looking for, classic without being identical to everything else out there. The color is just a little darker than amazon shows it (think semi sweet rather than milk chocolate). The only downside might be that the middle clips are not quite tall enough and bow out a little, but I put this down to the half mm difference in depth to the kindle fire rather than a design flaw by casecrown. I would recommend this product to any galaxy tab owner (who has no plans to use the crapy camera ;-)

Terra Plana Men's Aqua Lace Up Shoe
Terra Plana Men's Aqua Lace Up Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic tennis shoes/trainers, March 23, 2010
I've had my pair since Nov 2008 and love them - I probably wear them literally >85% of my shoe wearing days - yes they took sometime to get used to (like a week), but now my feet feel crushed in anything else. Most importantly we're now at month 15 and they barely show any wear, there is the tiniest separation starting round the toe area, and the bend crease at the ball of the foot, but not even as far down as the red stitching. Any other tennis shoes/trainers would be showing a lot more wear by now. Also due to their soft flexible nature the back has always had a horizontal crease in it, as if they have been downtrodden.
personally I have never untied the laces - which are predominately cosmetic as there is far more elastic in it then the pictures portray. However at 15 months this elastic is still going strong and not showing any signs of fatigue or stretching.
I like them so much I'm considering something more formal to complement them (oaks are about my only choice right now)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2010 8:38 PM PDT

Acer AspireRevo AR1600-U910H Black/White Desktop PC (Windows XP Home) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars what RAM to buy for your revo, March 12, 2010
I do like my revo - however after having to add memory and a usb-wireless stick - I probably should have just pony'd up for the r3610 Acer AspireRevo AR3610-U9022 Desktop PC (Dark Blue)
if you do have this though and are having issues streaming from netflix or Hulu then I recommend upping your RAM I bought a crucial 2gb stick Corsair Memory VS2GSDS800D2 2 GB PC2-6400 800MHz 200-pin DDR2 SODIMM Laptop Memory which worked perfectly when added to the spare slot for a total of 3gb.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2010 10:02 AM PDT

Corsair 2GB DDR2 800 MHz (PC2 6400) Laptop Memory
Corsair 2GB DDR2 800 MHz (PC2 6400) Laptop Memory
Price: $22.99
18 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works with Aspire Revo R1600, March 12, 2010
bought this to boost the memory for my revo Acer AspireRevo AR1600-U910H Black/White Desktop PC (Windows XP Home)- just added it to the empty slot and took my memory up to 3gb totally solved the big problem I had with buffering up netflix instant watch and hulu movies before adding it if I skipped forward or back I was looking at about a 3 minute wait to buffer up before playback continued, now its just a few seconds.

otherwise - it's memory what is there to say?

Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset with Detachable Headphones - White
Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset with Detachable Headphones - White

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome range & sound, March 12, 2010
I bought these headphones due to reviews I'd seen online (I think youtube, but I don't remember exactly) and have been very happy with them so far.

reasons selected:
1. no rigid band thats the wrong size for my head and/or that can crack/break thus rendering them useless.
2. I can select my own headphones if I don't like the ear buds provided
3. no more getting tangled up in my headphones at work when turning in my chair or going to get coffee
4. can start/stop/skip music at work without having to leave my current application or look at my screen

Pro's:
1. can connect to av & headset at the same time - ie I can listen to my ipod touch AND be connected to my cellphone. if a call comes in the music pauses and I can then pick up and hang up the call from the headset and then press play to start playing the music again.
2. I wasn't expecting to use the headset part - but it works great no complaints from the other end about being able to hear me so bonus there.
3. I plug it into my car stereo (via a tape deck adapter) and then I can listen to music and take calls through my car speaker system. when taking calls there's no problem with feedback.
4. RANGE! wow the range on these things is fantastic bluetooth is meant to be 30ft or 10m freespace I consistently achieve at least 1.5 times that through walls (for example I can leave my ipod in the kitchen and go to change my son in the bedroom which is 3 walls and 35ft away - the music won't drop or skip) - bear in mind that as bluetooth works at 2.4GHz water/moist bodies will attenuate it so from my sons room if I turn my back on the ipod it'll start to cut out. However there are no problems with the ipod in the back pocket situation :-) I can also happily plug it into an aux in on my amp in the living room and then use my ipod from the kitchen to play music (one wall and up to 45ft)
5. no cutout problems (see above)
6. auto shutoff if no paired devices are in range - a nice feature to prevent run down of the battery if you leave it in the car overnight.
7. good battery life - i can get a good 6-8 hours of music out of it before it starts beeping at me (which is about a 1/2 hour warning before it shuts off and only beeps once every 3 minutes or so - so not overly annoying)
8. very tight earplugs that are closed - I don't hear any office noise with these on

cons:
1. please note that apple/ipods don't fully support the av headphones spec so the skip fwd/back buttons won't work with your ipod touch - they do work with winamp though (my computer media player of choice)
2. It's not one rigid piece (the advantage of some of the other bluetooth headsets depending on how you view it) so you do technically have a dangly wire that can get caught on something.
3. you need to clip it onto something - we have ID lanyards at work so that's just perfect for me, but at home it's trickier as the clip is slide over style rather than pinch and grip style.
4. very tight earplugs that are closed - I don't hear any office conversations with these on. I have to pull them out to converse with someone else - but hey I always have the choice of switching back to my old headphones via bluetooth if I want.

conclusion:
overall I am very happy with these and they do exactly what I was looking for, the dangly wire is about the only compromise (bluetooth is meant to make things wireless ;-) however for me the other options that are available through a regular 3.5mm headphone jack more than make up for this. finally once again range & sound quality are exceptional (especially for bluetooth)

JJ Cole Collections All-Purpose Blanket, Cocoa Bubble (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars spendy - but worth it, June 1, 2009
got this for my wife when we managed to leave our previous zip up picnic blanket at a soccer game ;-) so far she loves it the insert guide that helps with folding makes life easier and it's heavy enough that light winds and little feet don't move it around/create wrinkles/ and flip parts over.

Creepy Condors From California (American Chillers)
Creepy Condors From California (American Chillers)
by Johnathan Rand
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars so good we ordered 4 more, June 1, 2009
My 8 year old/2nd grade son loved this book - so much so we ordered 4 more!

IvySkin XyloT3 Crystal Case for iPhone (Clear/Chrome)
IvySkin XyloT3 Crystal Case for iPhone (Clear/Chrome)

4.0 out of 5 stars well loved, April 21, 2009
got this for my brother-in-law for Christmas, who ended up giving it to his wife. I asked her about it and she says she loves it as she has a bad habit of dropping her phone (Usually requiring a replacement every 6 mo or so) she's dropped it in this case without issue, and she also likes that it's easy to clean (she's always getting makeup on it when using it), which she can now clean off more easily than with the bare screen. the only difference with the touchscreen is that maybe you have to be a little more deliberate with your actions to get it to work (so that's why it got 4* and not 5). otherwise there are no restrictions in use.

Bosch 419B ICON Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 419B ICON Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Offered by Lake County Parts Warehouse
Price: $19.30
3 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars PASSENGER side blade for a 2002 Sequoia, March 26, 2009
we have this installed on the PASSENGER side of our Sequoia, I got it to replace our OEM ones - it took longer to pull the old one of than it did to install this. we have Aquapel 88625-47100 Glass Treatment on the windshield which has lasted for over a year now with the old blades - these new bosch ones are starting to take it off - so they must be a better seal ;-)
BTW I highly recommend the Aquapel with it I don't need to use our wipers at highway speed as it sheds the water so well, rain-x in comparison has only ever lasted 6 weeks or so under the same conditions. There is enough in one dispenser to do the front and back windshields and maybe a little on the driver & passenger windows too!

Bosch 419A ICON Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 419A ICON Wiper Blade - 19" (Pack of 1)
Offered by Butler & Co (Shipping to the Continental US ONLY)
Price: $22.99
5 used & new from $13.46

5.0 out of 5 stars DRIVER side blade for a 2002 Sequoia, March 26, 2009
we have this installed on the DRIVER side of our Sequoia, I got it to replace our OEM ones - it took longer to pull the old one of than it did to install this. we have Aquapel Aquapel 88625-47100 Glass Treatment on the windshield which has lasted for over a year now with the old blades - these new bosch ones are starting to take it off - so they must be a better seal ;-)
BTW I highly recommend the aquapel with it I don't need to use our wipers at highway speed as it sheds the water so well, rain-x in comparison has only ever lasted 6 weeks or so under the same conditions. There is enough in one dispenser to do the front and back windshields and maybe a little on the driver & passenger windows too!

Page: 1 | 2