Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Profile for G.I Gurdjieff > Reviews

Browse

G.I Gurdjieff's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3357
Top Reviewer Ranking: 181

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G.I Gurdjieff "gurdjieff" RSS Feed (Florida, Il, MI)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
For the Glory: Eric Liddell's Journey from Olympic Champion to Modern Martyr
For the Glory: Eric Liddell's Journey from Olympic Champion to Modern Martyr
by Duncan Hamilton
Price: $18.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bio of an Overlooked Athletic Figure of the 20th Century, February 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Billed as the "untold story" of Olympian Eric. Liddell, I did not come to read this book with any preconceived expectations because I never saw the film Chariots Of Fire. This book covers his life as the son of missionaries. He was mainly raised in the UK in a Christian based boarding school with a few furlough visits from his parents and his sister who remained at their mission. While Liddell did participate in the Olympics, it was his religious beliefs that kept him from running in one event being held on a Sunday.
This book looks at his early upbringing, education, religious beliefs and his dedication to spreading his religious message. It also includes his marriage, his family, and eventual life and premature death in a prison camp near the end of WWII.
For someone who knew nothing about Liddell and the much publicized Olympic Games he participated in, I found this an interesting story. It appears to be well researched and I found it to be both well written as well as compelling.
I've read a couple of books relating to the Olympics set in this era in the past year. I think this book would appeal to those interested in the Olympics or Christianity. Definitely this is a good book.

Crabtree & Evelyn Relaxing Body Lotion, 16.9 fl oz
Crabtree & Evelyn Relaxing Body Lotion, 16.9 fl oz
Price: $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds Me Of The Lake On A Spring Morning, February 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It was a non-issue when this full size product of C &E body lotion was offered. The hotel chain I stay at offers samples of this in this line's shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion. I liked it so much that I head over to their store in Chicago to stock up periodically.
The fact is this is a fresh smelling lotion that is not too florid but imparts a sort of serene sensation after bathing. It goes on with ease and leaves my skin soft and pliant and feeling really fresh. I have extreme dry skin in the winter months, but this works great whenever because it isn't greasy and doesn't clog pores.
I use a lot of Crabtree & Evelyn products because they are high quality and they work well. I have never experienced any negative experience when using this brand or this product.

Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy, 3.5 fl. oz.
Crabtree & Evelyn Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy, 3.5 fl. oz.
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Goes A Long Way To Keep Your Hands Looking Both Smooth and Younger, February 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nicely scented hand cream from Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source line. I initially began using these products after I sampled them when I stayed at Hilton hotels. I bought the hand cream based on my positive results and use it primarily to infuse my hands with moisture during the cold winter months up north. I alternate with another one of their products in the spring and summer months.
This has a pleasant scent that is somewhat neutral. It is creamy and best used sparingly. It's been my experience that a little goes a long way. After my evening bath, I apply an amount consistent with less than a dime and massage it into my hands with attention paid to the fingers. This will be absorbed into the hands quickly. I put on a pair of white cotton gloves after this product is applied before I go to bed. In the morning my hands are hydrated and silky smooth. My cuticles and fingers are the beneficiary of this product as well because rough fingers and nagging cuticles are soft as well.
While you could a larger amount of product, this really works well when used in a small amount.

Crabtree & Evelyn Body Lotion, Rosewater, 16.9 fl. oz.
Crabtree & Evelyn Body Lotion, Rosewater, 16.9 fl. oz.
Price: $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective Body Lotion, February 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Delightful! This is a gently scented floral body lotion. It absorbs quickly when applied and massaged into the skin. My trouble spots are my lower arms (too much sun exposure) and my legs (which get very dry during winter). I've been a Crabtree & Evelyn buyer for many years and particularly like their hand and body lotions and creams. This moisture rich lotion left my skin soft and supple and smooth looking immediately upon application. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone needing dry skin relief.

The Ice Cream Blonde: The Whirlwind Life and Mysterious Death of Screwball Comedienne Thelma Todd
Price: $14.74

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than A Ditzy Blonde, February 8, 2016
I needed no book to know what a great comedic talent Theima Todd was. I used to get up early in the morning on school days to watch Ms. Todd with her comedic partners Zasu Pitts and then Patsy Kelly in a series labeled the Gold Rush Girls in the Hal Roach shorts they filmed. I thought they were hysterical and was familiar with Pitts and Kelly years later from their other work on tv and in feature films.
The gorgeous blonde? I was to find out years later that she was Thelma Todd and that she had died young under questionable circumstances. Since then I have read articles and at least one other book that have floated theories about how the voluptuous and talented Thelma died.
I enjoyed this book because it adds dimension to Todd and her career and provides a life story as well as a sad ending. The author Michelle Morgan has done a remarkable job researching her subject and leaving her reader with enough 'what ifs' about Todf's career and he potential professionally. I am a researcher and professional librarian and love the depth of Morgan's work and how she has constructed a great story that is neither dry or insignificant. This story resurrects a woman who died almost 80 years ago and makes her story seem fresh and interesting. I found myself missing her comedy work as well as her appearances, though brief, in Films like Bohemian Gir, Mary Stevens M.D., and Corsair to name a few. In death, Morgan deals with inconsistencies and theories and offers up her own detective work. Respectful and thorough, this book will satisfy anyone's need for old Hollysoox and a puzzling mystery. Great book and an easily read one.

The Nutro Company Indoor Senior Cat Food with Chicken and Whole Brown Rice Formula, 3-Pound
Price: $7.37
6 used & new from $7.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Older Cars, February 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My cat liked this dry food formulated for older felines. Featuring chicken and drown rice it was easy on her deli are stomach and she appeared to like the flavor.

DII Round Braided/Woven, Indoor/Outdoor Placemat/Charger, Set of 6, Tango Red
DII Round Braided/Woven, Indoor/Outdoor Placemat/Charger, Set of 6, Tango Red
Price: $17.99
7 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute And On Trend, February 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice 6 placemat set in red. Each placemat can be wiped clean with either a damp sponge or dish rag allowed to air dry. The mats have a wide diameter which can accommodate a complete place serving. Done in a wide Cocentric patternen in what I assume is a durable rattan it creates a nice place setting for one person or six people and offer good protection for a wood table top.

Nostalgia FBS400RETRORED Retro Series 40-Ounce Frozen Beverage Station
Nostalgia FBS400RETRORED Retro Series 40-Ounce Frozen Beverage Station
Price: $35.08
11 used & new from $33.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Answered My Needs For Frozen Coke Zero, February 4, 2016
You can use this on two cycles: shaved ice and slushy. Regardless of which cycle used I thought the results were pretty good. It gave me a great frozen Coke Zero. This worked well initially though it is not exactly an immediate process. This ultimately works best with frozen ice cubes made with Coke Zero. It also makes a lot of great exotic drinks.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Everyday Kitchen Basic, Stripe Commercial Grade, Restaurant Quality Chef Oven Mitt and Potholder Gift Set, Red
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Looking And They Offer Good Protection, February 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked this set. While I have had higher quality pot holders and mitts, I have also had far inferior ones. These are done in a finely woven cotton fabric. The red striped ones I received were well stitched and attractive. When washed on medium and pre-treated prior to washing, there was no discernible fading. I air dried them to avoid shrinkage though they were generously sized. When completely dried both pieces looked very nice. I found these well padded and they offered good protection. They stand up to heat.

The Apache Wars: The Hunt for Geronimo, the Apache Kid, and the Captive Boy Who Started the Longest War in American History
by Paul Andrew Hutton
Price: $19.24
38 used & new from $15.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The Attempt To Obliterate Indians From the History and Map Of The U.S., February 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is not just the story of the long history of Apache war and warriors the or the acrimonious dealings between the U.S. and Apaches or Mexico and the Apaches. It in vivid detail describes horrendous battles and weaves into the stories well known figures of the era from both sides----Indian, American, and mixed race which walked on both sides of the divide.
While it centers on a captive called Mickey Free which is quite a story as well as a character developed and evolved over a lifetime defined as a captive, this is hardly a singular story. What attracted me to this book was its attention to detail, it dispersion of knowledge of both American and Indian history of disputes, battles, and warfare. The author pays careful attention to both history and minute detail. This was a great story that was attention getting and detailed. I walked away from this learning a lot about the Indian Nations and tribal life and customs.
This history was not stodgy and never boring. I recommend it highly.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30